Infrequent urge incontinence and bedwetting

Wetshisbed said:
I was referred to an urology consultant. I can't say he was a lot of help. He arranged various tests and decided Diabetic related nerve damage was "Most likely" the cause of my steadily increasing continence problems. He offered no cure and discharged me back to the doctor. I had to get referred to the continence nurse for practical help in managing my incontinence. She was brilliant and helped me the most. She explained properly that there is no cure for incontinence caused by nerve damage. She suggested I get the doc to prescribe vesicare which may or may not help.
Yes the chap I saw wasn't much help either, although he did offer medication which may have been vesicare but he didn't name it or I forgot the name. I turned it down tbh. I am not averse to nappies at all, except the awkwardness of explaining to girls...

Reactions: Diprs2
Fortunately I am married to a wonderful woman who doesn't see my in co to ence and dependence on nappies as a problem. As for the vesicare it didn't really do much. It probably reduced the amount I wet but not the frequency and it affected my eyes so I gave up taking it.

Reactions: Angelapinks and Diprs2
Thanks for sharing Wetshisbed. I too am having problems with incontinence. I have been a type 1 diabetic for 40 years so that may explain why.

Reactions: Diprs2
JonahAteAWhale said:
Yes it helps with that so much. And the doctor has basically been no help. Nappies make me feel so much more relaxed. So far at work I've had two close shaves, and one time I wet myself as I was driving my car for work (there is no time between the initial feeling of wanting to go a little bit, to all of a sudden you're desperate to go right now) but was able to go home and change. These events are what has built up the annxiety and made me decide to start wearing at work.
That’s my problem too and I did exactly what you did not an easy journey but well worth it

Reactions: Diprs2 and maxgood
Im glad you are getting good support! I have the same issues as you. I tried the meds, but hated the side effects. I also chose diapers (nappies) to manage it. It was embarrassing for me to at first, but once I got used to wearing them, I was happier and could live life without constantly rushing to the bathroom or hsving axiety about accidents.

Reactions: Diprs2, paul484819 and moorey
Well, I have stated in several adisc blogs about my Incontinence. MY GP had me see other Doctors the most helpful was when I went to a nerve test Doctor, he stated my back injury and described that after a certain time, they cannot tell if my nerves are causing me to wet myself or what. Then when they were doing an Ultra-sound talking to the tech, she says I see a lot of people who had COVID are still wetting uncontrollably 2-3 or more years later. The urologist offered drugs and so did my GP offered me drugs, I said No after reading here and other sites. I have become comfortable in wearing as discretely as possible in public and around other people that I am not going to bother telling I am Incontinent. I wear diapers and plastic pants only on good days and if my leg and back are feeling it I add A PAD to my diaper as I will probably soak my diaper if out and about and cannot get home quickly. Today was a good day I wore the same dry diaper most of the day and took the dog out and the dam burst and soaked the Diaper and Plastic Pants. OOPS! 🫠 It happens.

• Love
Reactions: moorey, NappiedTruckDriver and Angelapinks
fredy552 said:
Well, I have stated in several adisc blogs about my Incontinence. MY GP had me see other Doctors the most helpful was when I went to a nerve test Doctor, he stated my back injury and described that after a certain time, they cannot tell if my nerves are causing me to wet myself or what. Then when they were doing an Ultra-sound talking to the tech, she says I see a lot of people who had COVID are still wetting uncontrollably 2-3 or more years later. The urologist offered drugs and so did my GP offered me drugs, I said No after reading here and other sites. I have become comfortable in wearing as discretely as possible in public and around other people that I am not going to bother telling I am Incontinent. I wear diapers and plastic pants only on good days and if my leg and back are feeling it I add A PAD to my diaper as I will probably soak my diaper if out and about and cannot get home quickly. Today was a good day I wore the same dry diaper most of the day and took the dog out and the dam burst and soaked the Diaper and Plastic Pants. OOPS! 🫠 It happens.
Yes like you my Urologist could not give me a reason for night time wetting and is treating me for Prostate problems and over active bladder. When told I was now wearing a night diaper due to waking up totally soaking wet, he offered another pill that may or may not help. I said no thank you I get dizzy spells if I wake and run to the bathroom at night so the diaper helps me get a great nights sleep and keeps my bed dry. He had no real response to that and just said see you next year.

Reactions: munkey and NappiedTruckDriver
Angelapinks said:
Yes like you my Urologist could not give me a reason for night time wetting and is treating me for Prostate problems and over active bladder. When told I was now wearing a night diaper due to waking up totally soaking wet, he offered another pill that may or may not help. I said no thank you I get dizzy spells if I wake and run to the bathroom at night so the diaper helps me get a great nights sleep and keeps my bed dry. He had no real response to that and just said see you next year.
The urologist passed me back to the care of my GP who is pretty sure my nightly bedwetting and daytime incontinence is caused by diabetic related nerve problems.

Reactions: Angelapinks, slimjiminy and diaperdude
Hi mate ! Firstly just wanted to say thanks for sharing your story was a really good read and like most of the above I really relate to the exactly issues what you’re going though and have done for about 5+ years now. I’m 27 now and suffered bedwetting all my life really and then slowly become more urge/stress incontinence on and off just like you , been to many doctors appointments had the tests and found nothing out the ordinary got to the point where I just got so fed up of going for the same things over and over. But yeah I actually thought the same thing will wearing nappies make me worse but can say after years now don’t really feel any worse from it if anything like yourself I don’t mind them other then the cost side of it and have tried many types to fit my needs you soon learn what’s good and bad ect. Basically just trying to say your not alone and if your comfortable and feel safer with protection then so be it! I wear most of the time now and wouldn’t ever look back once you master the confidence in them it’s not as bad as you think 😊

Reactions: munkey and Angelapinks
Back