Incontrol Essential Scent

Summerfresh

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Incontrol has been having incredible sales so I’ve been stocking up and some of there products. One that caught my eye, or my nose to be exact is the Incontrol Essential Brief. The scent on these remind me of Attends Vintage 90s version which are amazing. It now seems like they are being discontinued with only extra large cases available. I am wondering if they are going to be restocked, if that scent can be made in a deodorant spray, or what the plan is with this diaper. I’ve been sniffing around for this scent for 20 years and it may be gone again forever.

Reactions: Vividness5289, TheWaddlingDad, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I liked the scent of the old attends too. Incontrol should scent their other diapers too.

Reactions: TheWaddlingDad and BobbiSueEllen
Why not let @InControlRobert or @InControlRohan know about the scenting? If it at all smells like Attends, I'd be interested in buying a sample to see for myself. 🥰🥳

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl2
These are being discontinued and won't be restocked, @Summerfresh . I'm really disappointed with this too, tbh. I love the scent and product. They're a fantastic daytime diaper and I've stocked up before they're gone for good.

The scent is chamomile and lavender, if I am not mistaken. There are a few baby powders out there that smell nearly the same, but they are hard to find these days. Chamomile Lavender powder was really popular some years ago but I can't seem to find more.

Cool. I had no idea about the scent. I too loved that old Attends scent.

• Love
Reactions: leakerABDL, BobbiSueEllen and BigAl2
Darn what a bummer.

Very interesting. The last batch of InControl I received had a very chemical smell. Much more than I have experienced before.

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I'm really sad to see the essentials go. I liked the scent but I also really like how soft the plastic backing is. Almost has a creamy feel if that makes sense.

• Love
Incontrol is a great company and I trust their direction. Everything is always changing with their product offerings as well. Perhaps we will see similar scented diapers in the future.

I was disappointed the last order I received did not have the scent on them. They are still my favorite daytime diaper though.

• Sad
I don't understand why these are being discontinued. I thought the BeDry was supposed to replace the Original, not the Essential.

Reactions: Subtlerustle and TheWaddlingDad
Summerfresh said:
Incontrol has been having incredible sales so I’ve been stocking up and some of there products. One that caught my eye, or my nose to be exact is the Incontrol Essential Brief. The scent on these remind me of Attends Vintage 90s version which are amazing. It now seems like they are being discontinued with only extra large cases available. I am wondering if they are going to be restocked, if that scent can be made in a deodorant spray, or what the plan is with this diaper. I’ve been sniffing around for this scent for 20 years and it may be gone again forever.
As we sell mostly to those with incontinence we have only received negative feedback in regards to the scent so we are not going to be making any further products with scents. We are offering instead our Whiff-X odour control technology to our BeDry series of diapers and soon the Active Air as well.

An additional note, if we had seen more sales on the scented products or positive feedback then we would have considered keeping them. The only thing we had people comment on about the Essentials is they enjoyed the plastic so it was used on the new BeDry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billybatts and Subtlerustle
INTrePid said:
I don't understand why these are being discontinued. I thought the BeDry was supposed to replace the Original, not the Essential.
It was designed to replace both.

TheWaddlingDad said:
I'm really sad to see the essentials go. I liked the scent but I also really like how soft the plastic backing is. Almost has a creamy feel if that makes sense.
We have used the same plastic on the Essentials on the BeDry.

Reactions: TheWaddlingDad
BobbiSueEllen said:
Why not let @InControlRobert or @InControlRohan know about the scenting? If it at all smells like Attends, I'd be interested in buying a sample to see for myself. 🥰🥳
We do not have an exact name for it but I do not know how the Attends smelled to be able to compare.

Summerfresh said:
Incontrol is a great company and I trust their direction. Everything is always changing with their product offerings as well. Perhaps we will see similar scented diapers in the future.
Thank you for the kind words! We however do not plan on offering scents going forward as we now have the Whiff-X core which eliminates odours as you wear and after.

InControlRobert said:
Thank you so much. You must have read my mind. I wanted to know if the plastic was the same and hoped it was. Great news.

InControlRobert said:
Hey InControlRobert, I had another off subject question- is the sizing on these true to print? it says on the website that the BeDry XL has a max fit of 57" with a normal fit of 47", like most of the other Incontrol products. The XL Megamax for example goes to 60" and it fits like a glove.

I was wanting to try the line of Incontrol based on the comments I see but it sure would be nice if you guys did an XL+ like the PeekAbu's or the Seni Quattro in sizing. The heavy duty full fit plain white plastic night time diaper is tough to beat, so it would be nice to try these out if anyone here knew if they were identical in sizing to either a Megamax XL or the old Confidry 24/7's.

I do realize the drum machines these are made on along with the material roll widths limit this considerably with the plastic backed versions, but there are several of us larger side sleepers that really could use the investment into something with good coverage. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for responding here.

Back