If your from Britain which do you prefer to use on here. Nappy or diaper.

I'm going to be the odd one out and say "diaper". I usually use all of the American words for baby stuff e.g. diapers, pacifiers, strollers. For me, it just seems way cuter.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SAPexpanded, Diaper44 and ILuvDiapers
Two names for the same thing.

Reactions: ILuvDiapers
I use the term nappy but still accept diaper.

Reactions: BabyBeeGee
I must be the odd one out, i say diapers. :giggle: I've been in diapers from birth, even though my mother would refer to them as Nappy i have just never gelled with the word Nappy. Always preferred Diaper, especially when switching from medical grade diapers to ABDL Diapers.

Reactions: Deleted member 62059
ILuvDiapers said:
I must be the odd one out, i say diapers. :giggle: I've been in diapers from birth, even though my mother would refer to them as Nappy i have just never gelled with the word Nappy. Always preferred Diaper, especially when switching from medical grade diapers to ABDL Diapers.
I guess i have always found some, but not all english descriptions odd and a little eccentric! Case in point, cars we say, "the engine is under the bonnet", but under the hood to me sounds better. Or we say, "the spare tyre is in the boot 🥾 of the car" when trunk seems a much better description. I guess the British have always liked to be different, but sometimes i think our terminology, and word to describe things is just odd.

Diaper. Somehow nappy is for me more for babies and diaper more for adult, medical or ABDL.
English in UK and AUS / NZ is little bit different.
In UK, we say aubergine, in USA it is eggplant
courgette-zucchini
petrol - gas ( americans,it is liquide, not gas!!!)
etc
Same thing different words :)

• Love
Naappiiiieesss ^.^

• Haha
Reactions: warmfeeling and ILuvDiapers
SmolPupprrito said:
Naappiiiieesss ^.^
wearforsafety said:
Diaper. Somehow nappy is for me more for babies and diaper more for adult, medical or ABDL.
English in UK and AUS / NZ is little bit different.
In UK, we say aubergine, in USA it is eggplant
courgette-zucchini
petrol - gas ( americans,it is liquide, not gas!!!)
etc
Same thing different words :)
I don't think we should get to hung up over it, both Nappy and Diaper are one and the same. So whichever you prefer is good! :giggle: (y)🤗🤗🤗🤗

Reactions: warmfeeling
Suppose you can use either, we all know what a diaper is.

But, I use Nappy

I tend to say diaper.

Obviously they are nappies to me (I love that word) but I'm aware that I'm talking with a load of yanks on here!

• Haha
DiaperedElmo said:
I'm going to be the odd one out and say "diaper". I usually use all of the American words for baby stuff e.g. diapers, pacifiers, strollers. For me, it just seems way cuter.
Love you image, really adorable. :giggle: (y)🤗🤗🤗🤗

bobbilly said:
When mentioning them on threads or posts? I'm more included to click when people mention nappies as I know they are from my area, this is including people from Australia who also use the word nappy.
Nappy

• Love
Another Australian hijacking this thread...nappy. It's what I grew up with and what I use today.

Reactions: SmolPupprrito, warmfeeling and ILuvDiapers
Some more hijacking

I say Nappy usually, I think...

I'm not from Britain though, I'm from Sweden, but I tend to mix American and British terms, mostly because I wasn't particularly good in school and they insisted we learned British English in school, but in movies and on TV it was American shows with Swedish subtitles, and when we got Internet, it was mostly American terms, and they stuck when British didn't, I think I learned more English online then I ever did from 10 years of school English :p

• Haha
Reactions: wearforsafety, warmfeeling and ILuvDiapers
Jojjo said:
Some more hijacking

I say Nappy usually, I think...

I'm not from Britain though, I'm from Sweden, but I tend to mix American and British terms, mostly because I wasn't particularly good in school and they insisted we learned British English in school, but in movies and on TV it was American shows with Swedish subtitles, and when we got Internet, it was mostly American terms, and they stuck when British didn't, I think I learned more English online then I ever did from 10 years of school English :p
Good for you. (y) :giggle: 🤗 🤗🤗

ILuvDiapers said:
Love you image, really adorable. :giggle: (y)🤗🤗🤗🤗
Thanks! I made it myself

• Love
DiaperedElmo said:
Thanks! I made it myself
Wow your really very talented. :giggle: (y):cool:🤗🤗🤗

diaper for me, it mostly depends who I'm talking to though.

Yes its NAPPIES and RUBBER PANTS or these days PLASTIC PANTS, thats how it was when I was a baby and youngster and growing up to this very day.
OK so now the medics docs and nurses refer to them as "pads" but that is only being "pc" so I still say Nappies!

Reactions: Constantlydamp and ILuvDiapers
Back