How to Put On a Diaper

EemraldGreen said:
Ahhh I have ordered THE panties. :love:

what are THE panties? ^^

Oh that look very cute, i like the tender pink color,
but im not into all that frilly (hope the word is right)
but if that is something you like its a really nice pant that makes u look really
little : )

Reactions: Billies1
Thank You, this aricle has and does prove useful to me as I wear diapers due to verious reasons as per my earlier responce above.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888.

chestnut7718 said:
This is how you put on a diaper if a guy. Clean your genitals and buttocks. Put barrier cream all over same. Put on rubber gloves. Spray a odor neutralizing spray on your perineum Unwrap brief.Hold the back behind you while standing. While holding with one hand put the front of the brief up with the other hand. Tape the bottom right tape. Tape tightly . Then tape the other bottom tapes. Put your penis into the diaper facing down. You will find that your penis can move around - that;s why the legs have to be tight.I don't self toilet so I don't worrry about the diaper waist being tight. Put plastic pants and a singlet on top for perfect protection and support. I wear singlets over diapers while sleeping also.

I like the advice to put the penis in a downward position. It allows for greater absorption and longer diaper usage.

Reactions: Canadoodle and Paddy2020
If I'm out and in a public restroom, I'll use the wall method standing up. When I'm at home, I lay on the bed and diaper up. I have it down to a quick science now. Your presentation on how to diaper was great!!

Reactions: pampers47 and Billies1
Wish I would have found this like 3 months ago! Great instruction

Mean there's an are to it I've been going about it all wrong

I was just trying to be funny here. Not trying to hurt anyone or make fun of them so please don't take it personally

Last edited:
I've always fastened both tapes on one side first... what's the reasoning behind fastening both bottom tapes first please?

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle
camille said:
I've always fastened both tapes on one side first... what's the reasoning behind fastening both bottom tapes first please?
The bottom tapes act like a base and a good foundation to your diaper staying on. and then the top part to be like a belt so the diaper doesn't come on and it kind of huggs your backside.

Reactions: camille
ThePaddedTurtle said:
The bottom tapes act like a base and a good foundation to your diaper staying on. and then the top part to be like a belt so the diaper doesn't come on and it kind of huggs your backside.

Thank you. I will try it out and see which method suits me best.

camille said:
Thank you. I will try it out and see which method suits me best.
Hopefully it works out for you and Good luck.

Reactions: camille
Chinababy888 said:
Thank you again, this article has helped me alot as I have a weak bladder and other things that make me have to wear diapers from time to time as per my blogs.

My advice to anyone who is worried about how people/the public perceive you when your wearing diapers as an adult is don't worry about what they think as they don't know you act like yourself and don't be nervous or embarrassed about having to wear this form of protection as most people would rather take care of themselves than to bother you.

That seid of someone who you don't know ever asks you why are you wearing diapers just act normally and reply that you have a disability that requires that you wear them, most people are kind enough to leave I at that but if your unlucky enough to encounter a bully then you should ignore them at first but if they go after you and begin to harrass you then should seek help immediately as bullying can ruin your life.
But, seriously how would anyone know I was wearing a nappy? In years nobody has ever asked me or commented on my nappies. I don't think people scrutinise others like that.

Reactions: PaddedRita and Diprs2
How does wearing a diaper feel?
I first came across this article/post on this very website and although its not up for more replies as it was posted in 2014.

Disclaimer:
Well for me wearing diapers/nappies is as close as I can get to bring a baby again so kind of feels very famillar, as I do remember bring on them the first time around back when I was back in the 1980’s whem I was an infant/toddler back then wearing them felt normal and blissful because there was no stigma attached and the fact that they made me feel so happy and protected like I waa in my own little bubble or like nothing I have experianced since then, until 2010 after mote than20–30 years, when I returned to wearing diapers again through no fault or desire of my own.

A bit about me:

For me personally it came in out of the blue without any pre-warning due to a set of medical conditions or disabilities regarding my physical and mental health, see my previous replies for more information.

Personally how ever historically speaking the first time I wore diapers/nappies would have been from my birth in the early to mid 1980’s, untill the age of 5–6 and then later because of relapses on in the early 1990’s as in before I turned 10 years of age, due to bed wetting problems caused by what I now know was, ptsd following years of bullying.

And at first non of us would like to admit the awful fact that our bodies change and that ill health and im particullar disabilities can and do catch up with us later in life, and that at some point there will come a time when you will un-doubtedly need them again even if this happens sometimes earlier than we would have liked due to verious unforseen factors.

Feelings and my personal notes:
What to expect when wearing a diaper:
1. You will feel the softness of the padding and then feel of the leg gathers as it's pulled up between the legs and upwards towards the belly area.
2. The feel of the plastic edges or wings without tags being gradually tucked into the sides and then the feel of the feeling of the others with tags being placed on the tops shortly before being fastnened up.

3. You will feel the plastic labels or tags on the left or right sides of the diaper/nappy being tightened up and secured one by one until the top is flush with the rest of the garment and then the other side and the whole thing feel warm and secured to the waist area and you will also feel it around the backside like a pillow or cushion against the skin and you will feel the plastic outer cover against the skin.

4. Next you will feel the leg gathers against your legs being securely checked and shortly after the waist gap being checked by you or some other person.

5. At some point you will hear the destinctive crinkle of the plastic as you move and for a first timer this can be embarrasing and you will also feel the creaces in between the legs and the plastic leg gathers or standing gathers and any folds at the front and back if the diaper had these features,
Also if the diaper is mostly white and plastic backed it might reflect on your skin something you may or msy not like although for myself personally speaking this mskes it even more like the ones from my youth.

6. At some point you will undoubtedly use the diaper for its intended purpose and if you have someone looking after you all the better because they will change you out of the dirty diaper much like when you were a child.

7. Once this process is underway you will of cause feel the reverse of the feeling you had earlier when being cleaned up however if you don't have a carer or person to whom will do this then don't worry about it as long as you know how to change your own diaper/nappies.

8. If the diaper or nappy has a particular scent then you might smell this as some have a slight aeroma this is to absorb the unpleasant smell of urine or other waste and also for the purpose of helping sooth the person who is wearing the diaper/nappy.

9. In a psychological sence you might feel depressed about this at first but given time you will overcome this factor over time you will come to appreciate the opportunity of reliving your childhood years or just being in diapers again.

10. And speaking of which you might start to feel less ashamed and more happy to wear them again as you will rediscover the feelings that you had as a child however this can be different from person to person as some people will be more ashamed and embarresed and others will feel un-mitigated joy.l or a heavenly feeling thats hard to beat.

11. Also an added bonus if you use creams and or powders and scented baby oils you may begin to smell and feel like a child again as this will bring back happy memories of your care-free childhood years as well as feeling more comfortable.

12. You will feel the mistakable bulk between your legs and if it's a thick diaper/nappy you might not be able to close your legs and have to waddle like a toddler of cause this could be embarrasing or great depending on how you view it and as I seid earlier if you look at yourself you might look babyish this is a specially true if you diaper is mostly white in colour.

13. You will feel the cold plastic backing against your skin or cloth backing depending on the make of the diaper/nappy and this might have a soothing or embarrasing feeling depending on the way you look at it as not everyone wants to admit that they have to wear diapers/nappies.

14. Comfort wise you will feel the warmth and happy feelings only wearing a diaper/nappy can bring and this might well trigger happy memories of the long forgotten past, And you will feel more relaxed and therefore less stressed about things in general as diapers have a soothing effect on ones physical and mental state of mind and body.

15. If your sleeping in them you will start to feel the advantages of wearing diapers almost immediately as it will help you to get a better nights sleep not having to wake up every 15 minutes to get to the restroom/toilet.

16. If your wearing them for daytime or every day routines then you will hardly notice that your wearing a diaper as by now you will be used to wearing them, plus you will notice a distinct bonus in the form of avoiding unhygienic restrooms/toilets as you will not need to worry about that oh no feeling.

17. You will notice that once wearing diapers/nappies that they are just another form of underwear and that you don't have to be ashamed or embarresed about themand as such they will become someyhing that your used to wearing.

18. You will also feel the diaper against your bottom every time you move or crawl you will feel the wonderful sensation of extra padding moving with you and the care free feeling of being securely or snuggly fastened into the diaper/nappy it will make it feel more babyish.

19. No more cold un-comfortable nights: as you will also be much more comfortable because your sitting on extra padding which is a definite plus factor in the cold winter nights as you will feel much more comfortable being slightly warmer as it will keep your pelvic area and stomach feel more relaxed, and you will be back in a heavenly like state of mind knowing that you are snug as a bug so to speak of and this is a great feeling trust me on that one.

20. When wearing a nappy/diaper you will experiance all of the above and much more, for some of us you will get a instant gratification and for others you will experance highs and lows depending on your mood at the time of wearing them this is as specially true if you don't have a option or choice in the matter, however no one has the right to force you to wear something your uncomfortable with.

21.Note: One of the biggest concerns many people have when putting or having a diaper put on you by yourself/carer is lack of privicy, no one likes it when someone randomly walks in on you without so much as knocking the door or checking someone is there, And this is as specially true if your a child or an adult, so Find a time and place when you know you will be alone with no body but you or your carer and then you will be more relaxed.

22. Also it's worth mentioning when wearing dispers/nappies it is important to find the one that fits as in not too saggy or too tight and that has the right absorbancy not just looks it is very important that you dont leak or rip open as this is embarrasing also its up yo you what you use disposable or reuseasble note no diaper/nappy is 100% environmentally freindly,

23. once your in diapers/nappies if your into that sort of thing then like myself for instance, just something I noticed from personal experiance, is that you won't want to go back to wearing anything else as specially given that it will become a normal part of your life.
Hope this helps you in answering
any questions ypu might have had and hoprfully this info is helpful to somebody.
Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

posted on: 2020.06.13,
Edited on: 2020.12.23

Reactions: icklecub
AngelicaPickles said:
This Will be very useful for me when ill try on my 1st diaper.
Good. Have you had your first Nappy yet?

Reactions: PaddedRita
ADISC said:
This article will show you on how to put on a diaper, something a lot of us older members scoff at, but also something that can be very tricky for the first time padded explorer. It will also show how to diaper someone else, in case you make very close AB/DL friends.

Stuff You'll Need

195-1-Change01.JPG

Required:
  • Privacy - This goes without saying, as there's nothing worse than having a friend or family member walk in when you're in the middle of a change.
  • A Disposable Diaper - There are many brands out there, some better than others. I suggest reading through the forums, and the reviews in the articles section to find the best one for your needs. Some preferred brands are Abena Abri-form X-Plus, Molicare Super, Bambinos and Dry 24/7's. However, for most of you, especially people from the US, your first diaper will be a store brand one. These aren't the best, but they're better than nothing, and they're all changed in pretty much the same manner.
  • Space to Lay Out - You'll need at least enough room to sit with your legs straight out in front of you, with space to lean back. Enough space to lay out fully is ideal. A bed isn't the best surface, something more firm like the floor helps a lot, and will ensure a tighter fit. There is of course the standing up method, although this tends to be harder for someone new to wearing.

Optional:
  • Barrier Cream/Diaper Rash Cream - Some people like to use barrier cream to create another layer between your skin and the diaper. This is only really advisable if you have sensitive skin. The cream can cause problems with the rate of absorbency, leading to leaks.
  • Baby Powder - This is by far the most popular "additive" for adult babies. It helps with general chaffing, especially around the legs. Again it can impinge on the absorbency; the best way around this is to rub it on to your diaper area, and not to use too much. Overuse causes a "powder mud" to form when wet.
  • Baby Wipes - Wipes come in handy all the time, make sure you stock up on them. You can of course use a wash cloth instead, but they're not as practical. Wipes are used for cleaning up your diaper area whilst changing, and they're also good for cleaning off your hands after applying powder and/or cream, both of which can cause the tapes to become unsticky.

Diapering Yourself

First, you want to make sure your diaper area is relatively clean. It's okay to put one on after a day of work for example, but it is a plastic backed garment which means it will cause you to sweat, and the majority of you will also be using the diaper for its intended purpose. Making sure your skin is nice and clean beforehand will help keep the skin healthy. Diaper rash is not a fun experience.

Actually putting on the diaper is different for everyone. Over time you'll come up with your own technique. Practice and experiment with different ways until you find your own style. This being said it's always good to start from a base level of knowledge.

195-2-Change02.JPG

Take the diaper and place it on a flat surface, then unfold it, making sure you spread out the wings, removing all folds and flatting it out. If you want to apply baby powder, put a sprinkling in the diaper beforehand; this saves getting your hands covered, and is the only sensible way to apply baby powder if you change standing up. Of course, you can always sprinkle it on your diaper area when you lay down, and rub it in. Just make sure to wipe your hands afterwards with a baby wipe.

195-3-Change03.JPG

Lay down on the diaper, positioning it so it's just right. You want the top of the rear waistband to be just a little bit higher than the front. Before you plonk your bum down, you'll want to make sure that you stretch out the rear wings, sitting down when it's fully taut.

195-4-Change04.JPG

Make adjustments as you need. You want the wings to be central on your torso for the best fit. Bring up the front of the diaper, tucking in the front wings round your body, so it's smooth, allowing the rear wings to fold round the front easily and with out obstruction. Then pull up the first rear wing (which side you do first is up to you).

195-5-Change05.JPG

Taping is by preference. What I like to do is tape the bottommost tape on one side first, making sure I get a snug fit. You don't want it to be too tight, or too lose. Use your free hand to tuck in the front wing, and keep it there, whilst you pull the wing tight and tape it down. Then tape up the bottom tape on the opposite side, again making sure it's snug.

195-6-Change06.JPG

195-7-Change07.JPG

Tape up the top tape on the side you've just taped, again using your free hand to keep it all tucked in and snug, before moving to the last one. Make sure it's snug and not too tight around your tummy.

195-8-Change08.JPG

Finally, stand up and make sure to run a finger round the leg gathers, untucking any of the outer material that may have gotten folded up.

Of course, this takes practice and practice and practice. Your first try will be a disaster, second, not so much, and before you know it you'll be come a diapering machine.

Diapering Someone Else

If you're very lucky, you might make some real life AB/DL friends, and if you get really close and don't mind seeing your friend's naughty bits, you might be lucky enough to change them. I love changing people; it's just such a simple act which shows a lot of love and caring. What better present could you give to an ABDL friend?

Changing someone else isn't that tricky, especially if you've had lots of practice on yourself; it's just a different position, and involves telling someone what to do to help you out.

195-9-Change09.JPG

Again, start by unfolding the diaper and laying it flat, making sure it has no folds and is ready to go. Don't bother adding baby powder at this stage as there's not much point, and it's easier to add later on.

195-10-Change10.JPG

Get your friend to lay down, and lift up their bum. You can help by grabbing their heels and pushing them towards the head, but they'll have to help support themselves a little, otherwise it becomes awkward. Grabbing the back wings of the diaper, slide it under their bum, and make sure the whole diaper is straight, then whilst holding the back wings taut get them to lower themselves gently down. Again, you can help here.

195-11-Change11.JPG

Once your friend is laying down on the diaper, make any final adjustments, you want it even on either side of the body, and the rest of the diaper straight. Add a bit of powder to the diaper area, rubbing it in (you are close friends, right?), remembering not to add too much.

195-12-Change12.JPG

Bring up the front of the diaper. It shouldn't come over the rear of the diaper, and should ideally be a little lower. Tuck in the front wings around the torso, as this allows for a tighter fit, and stops them from getting in the way. Open up one of the lower tapes and whilst using one hand to keep the front wing tucked in, pull it round and tape it up securely. Then apply the second lower tape. If you've done it right they should be somewhat symmetrical, but this isn't super important, as the fit is what we're after, not the look.

195-13-Change13.JPG

195-14-Change14.JPG

The top tapes are done in a similar manner. Your first top tape should be the one above the last bottom tape you did, as this help keeps things somewhat even. Again, use a hand to keep the front wing tucked in, and pull the tape taut with your other hand, removing the first hand as you stick it down. Repeat this for the other side.

195-15-Change15.JPG

Run a finger round the leg holes, making sure the leg gathers are on the outside, helping prevent leaks.

195-16-Change16.JPG

Finally, give your padded friend a big hug!

Disposal

So, what to do with that dirty diaper (even if you haven't "used" it, it still absorbs sweat and other nastiness)? Pull off the tapes - if it's a double tape system pull off the secondary tapes so you don't rip the diaper.

Clean yourself up, using baby wipes, a wet wash cloth, or preferably a shower, especially if you've messed or wet, and are going back into big people's clothes. If you use wipes, chuck them into the opened, dirty diaper.

Fold up the front of the diaper, and roll it towards the rear, tape one side over, then try and roll the whole thing towards the other unfastened wing, taping this up when you reach it. You should end up with a nice tight sausage of a diaper. Stick this in a carrier bag, and dispose as you see fit.

Make sure to keep clean before and after. Pee, sweat, and poop if you're into that, aren't very nice substances. You don't want them sitting on your skin for too long, and when you clean up you want to get rid of all traces. Rashes aren't cool!

Hope this helps. As you get used to it, you'll come up with your own system of changing. Standing up, sitting down, which order you do the tapes, what creams and powder you use, how you deal with disposal, etc. Everyone is slightly different. Just go with what you find easiest, explore the options, and find your own path to diapered heaven.

This article was created through the combined efforts of Loopy, Luca, and Ryrypie.
I might try this (Laying down) but I don't think it will work for me. I put mine on standing up - back against the wall. and I never leak - well once after 12 hours and a flood.
Thanks Very Much for the video

Reactions: PaddedRita
Adair37 said:
Good. Have you had your first Nappy yet?
Yes, although that was in 2010 since then I have tried abu simple ultra which is essentially like the old pampers from my youth.

It works better for me either standing up or laying down baby style which ever way i put a diaper/nappy on it's the same.

Puppyboy97 said:
Thanks for the information. I think I'm wearing my backwards. :ROFLMAO:
You're not the first. I wore mine back to front when I started and I still think the tabs were easier to get level that way. But I haven't worn them BtF since.

Seasonedcitizen said:
I lean my back against a wall to hold the diaper in place. Once I am satisfied that it is level, I start tabbing it.
Same here except when mummy does it - which is always more comfortable and tighter.

Back