How to make diapers affordable?

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I am currently looking for a diaper that works as good as a betterdry used to. I am not really having problems with it leaking. I am having issues with the fluff or whatever you want to call it falling down in the diaper. Now I know that Northshore are good but even buying them in bulk really doesn't make much of a difference in price. $3.00 a diaper is a bit much any ideas tips tricks?

• Thinking
Reactions: Woncrinklz, Canadianfalls, Edgewater and 1 other person
I've been trying XP5000's, and they're pretty good and in that range.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, AttilaThePun, Edgewater and 1 other person
since you need diapers have you looked into insurance to help cover price or diapers
either in full or partial?

Reactions: Kellycares, Woncrinklz, AttilaThePun and 1 other person
SparkyDog said:
since you need diapers have you looked into insurance to help cover price or diapers
either in full or partial?
I have but they are not covered until I reach a stupid high deductible.

• Sad
Reactions: Woncrinklz and AttilaThePun
Keep and eye on Bambinos and sign up for their emails. I just got 4 cases for 40% off bringing their stuff to around $1 something per.

Reactions: denimchicken, Woncrinklz, AttilaThePun and 3 others
Thrift stores and FB Marketplace. I've found really good deals.

Reactions: denimchicken, AttilaThePun and Edgewater
lilshelly said:
I am currently looking for a diaper that works as good as a betterdry used to. I am not really having problems with it leaking. I am having issues with the fluff or whatever you want to call it falling down in the diaper. Now I know that Northshore are good but even buying them in bulk really doesn't make much of a difference in price. $3.00 a diaper is a bit much any ideas tips tricks?
Hi lilshelly, I just started trying out the Sunkiss Masterpiece from Amazon and they work amazing, and priced good too!.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Edgewater
lilshelly said:
I have but they are not covered until I reach a stupid high deductible.
i am glad i am in the uk , the HNS supply my diapers , i have the id slip extra plus

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Constantlydamp, AttilaThePun and 1 other person
if you sign up to mailing lists of suppliers, be them incontinence suppliers or ABDL suppliers they will email you when they are having a promotional sale, you can save loads that way. Anywhere between 30% - 65%. Usually Black Friday and seasonal sales also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kellycares, AttilaThePun and Edgewater
Not sure what part of the globe you are on, but in North America, all the cyber and black November sales are going on right now. Good time to stock up on supplies. And pricing might even be better next week. Just a thought.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, AttilaThePun and Edgewater
lilshelly said:
I have started to wear cloth diapers with rubber pants while at home. They are kinda expensive for the initial cost, but are washable and reusable. Who cares if they leak a little at home. I still wear disposables and rubber pants when going out.

lilshelly said:
Earn more money 😁

Reactions: Edgewater
michaelmc said:
Earn more money 😁
There is no question that it is expensive to be Incontinent even with good insurance as there are just so many support products that is part of it.

The 3 dollar cost point implies that the OP is not taking advantage of all the discounts of bulk buying and prescheduled shipping. Regardless, when I first became 24/7, U-IC, for years I wore cloth, pre-folded cloth diapers with plastic pants as what was available in the disposable products was of poor quality. One of the most common issues was the continued loss of the padding, which created a trail were ever one went.

Cloth diapers were just better all around over disposables. back then. The greatest advantage, to this day, is their ever reducing cost the longer one used this or that diaper, as once the original cost are written-off, it is only the supplies and time to clean, dry and store them.

It costs money and/or time to reduce cost of wearing cloth diapers and most people are not willing to either spend the money and are a demand on time that most will not expend as they are not willing to put in the time! The secret is multitasking!

All diapers will leak and time after time I have had a leak it was either my fault in not assuring I was wearing it correctly or it was not the correct diaper for the application.

Cloth diapers have a heavy learning curve as it is easy to wear too thin or too thick (LAYERS).

Reactions: 1955wetdiaper, lilshelly, Zeke and 4 others
Edgewater said:
There is no question that it is expensive to be Incontinent even with good insurance as there are just so many support products that is part of it.

The 3 dollar cost point implies that the OP is not taking advantage of all the discounts of bulk buying and prescheduled shipping. Regardless, when I first became 24/7, U-IC, for years I wore cloth, pre-folded cloth diapers with plastic pants as what was available in the disposable products was of poor quality. One of the most common issues was the continued loss of the padding, which created a trail were ever one went.

Cloth diapers were just better all around over disposables. back then. The greatest advantage, to this day, is their ever reducing cost the longer one used this or that diaper, as once the original cost are written-off, it is only the supplies and time to clean, dry and store them.

It costs money and/or time to reduce cost of wearing cloth diapers and most people are not willing to either spend the money and are a demand on time that most will not expend as they are not willing to put in the time! The secret is multitasking!

All diapers will leak and time after time I have had a leak it was either my fault in not assuring I was wearing it correctly or it was not the correct diaper for the application.

Cloth diapers have a heavy learning curve as it is easy to wear too thin or too thick (LAYERS).
I only really used them at night every now and again. I think Birdseye was the ones I was buying but they feel wet after going only once. I know they will hold much more but the top layer is wet and against the skin, and quality disposables diapers like NS, Total dry or in-control pull it deep inside. Total Dry is what I went too when I left Abiena and dry 24/7 for issues of clumping and falling apart. They are plastic back and I would say absorbency and fit is much like a meg max. Total Dry they was hard time getting product to me before Covid so I went back to mega maxt. No matter what you do buying in bulk is always the best deal., that at the time I had only.

Those little items add up too, Especially if forced to deal with fecal IC

Cloth is good but lets be real half the time we have a pile of clothes in the the laundry room floor. If I can't get her to make sure I have clean socks I could only imagine this would not be good & the smell the house could get! 😂

You can save 5% at Northshore if you sign up to auto ship also. Most medical suppliers will do that & so much off for first time users and so on. Now if you buy in bulk ever month from NorthShore and prove you are a dedicated customer they can sometimes give an additional amount off. But you need to build a relationship I love NorthShore because they treat everyone like family. They are always giving free samples to people too. The Mega max airlock is a good diaper too. I love them they reply to every email and answer every phone calls. The owner Adam has replied to me personally several times and he is a Member here.

Reactions: Kellycares, AttilaThePun, Edgewater and 1 other person
Will totally echo what has been said above. For us, cloth is way more cost effective than disposable. And in the high temperature and high humidity environments we live in, cloth trumps plastic wrapping all day long. Yes, disposables are convenient (especially in special situations or when traveling). But when at home, it has to be cloth. No doubt.

Reactions: 1955wetdiaper and Edgewater
Diaperman95 said:
You can save 5% at Northshore if you sign up to auto ship also. Most medical suppliers will do that & so much off for first time users and so on. Now if you buy in bulk ever month from NorthShore and prove you are a dedicated customer they can sometimes give an additional amount off. But you need to build a relationship I love NorthShore because they treat everyone like family. They are always giving free samples to people too. The Mega max airlock is a good diaper too. I love them they reply to every email and answer every phone calls. The owner Adam has replied to me personally several times and he is a Member here.
I was a fan of Northshore, love their Megamax. However when they raised their shipping requirements to $150 it was not practical for me to continue with them.
Most places will offer the 5% which I take advantage of.

lilshelly said:
Here’s another thought. You can look on other sites that might offer some better pricing. Consider: eBay, OfferUp, etc. Yes, it’s a pain to try to keep the costs reasonable, but there are options.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: ILuvDiapers, michaelmc, JustMe and 1 other person
Back