How much do you Wet Your Diaper before Changing?

How much do you Wet Your Diaper before Changing?

• Not at all, (I Don’t use my Diapers)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only Once

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Maybe Twice or Three

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • As much as My Diaper Can Take (light absorbency

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • As much as My Diaper Can Take (heavy absorbency)

Votes: 72 69.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Freddie07601 said:
Yes, I don't believe any diaper can stand repeated flooding. Wetting frequently in small amounts allows the diaper to absorb the wetness slowly. Total absorption will be be much greater. But not everyone wets slowly and some really enjoy flooding. I tell anyone who is trying diapers just for fun to remember to wet as often as they can, to let their "pee flow free."
That is something many people do not consider when they say they get 13 hours out of a diaper and someone else only gets 8 hours. The amount we urinate as well as flow rate and how often, totally makes a huge difference in how a diaper can hold. I have floods but they are smaller baby floods often several times a hour so I can get a lot of use out of my Mega Max. Some days I might pee like every 10 minutes when my IC is real flared up and it is not a flood at all.

since i am incontinent i tend to try and get as much out of the diaper as possible however at work i usually change after one wet because i don't feel comfortable staying in a wet diaper while working around food

Reactions: Diaperman95
I hate leaking, so experience tells me I can 2 or 3 decent wettings into my nappy before I'll need to change it, have got 5 smaller pees in to one before and then I leaked, but I was being dared that time to fill it up until I leaked.

ParaRomeo said:
So I didn't choose an option because I feel this is a loaded(pun intended) Question lol. There are way to many factors than available responses. It's like liquid in a glass question are you half full, half empty, room for air, I need another, I am good or many other responses which can change on the day time and what's in the glass.

So if I were to only wear and use my current go to with the use of boosters I avg changing every 4-6hrs. Using a cheaper but mid grade medical and day time cloth changes are 3-5hrs on avg. But think universal response is I try to change when approx 75% full or I make the decision to because like if out & get to where I can change and that bathroom is occupied being paralyzed I don't have as many options as I do at home if I waited to long I chance leaks waiting for it to open.

Why I think many variables it's like use, medical alone has so many different types and everyone voids differently but than add those with bowel ic and depending when most have BM like for me if happens while I sleep for most parg but if during the day I will changes asap. I don't want to single out the abdl community because their as complex as medical users because everyone voids differently the only slight difference but even than can be similar is BM's.

Added to variables for me at home is different than out. Usually at home depending how I am feeling some days worn to max some like 75%. But say at work because of my job and potential relief say someone asks if I need relief 5hrs in and diaper to the touch feels 50% because SHTF often at worse times I will change because if I wait I may not get another chance when it needs to be so instead of a leak I will change sooner(the job I do I need someone to take over my job or I can't leave! Like I have a service dog and have had employees that can't do my job offer to take him out because I need to remain at desk) . The same sort of goes while normally out I try not to go more than like 75%ish capacity if I have an opportunity to change being paralyzed if it's an unplanned day and out if a opportunity presents where I know right now there is a place I can change but in a few hours I am unsure like work I may change before it's needed because I my crystal ball is broken. Also for me unless pain is really bad,for most part no matter the condition of my diapers I always try to go to bed with a dry one, change when I awake and leave the house as dry as possible. So like yesterday I was needing a change when I got home but wasn't ready for bed so changed into a cheaper lower cap diaper that would hold me over till bedtime and I often use cheaper ones as an in between which honestly have changed them when like 25% wet. But I do also use cloth diapers between routinely & occasionally and like abdl diapers I have had some night setups where I didn't need to change first thing in am or if bad pain day and staying home I wear them till change is needed or I leak(I use disposable bed pads for a reason and usually sleep in diaper and tee in case of leaks less washing).

But Cloth is another variable because everyone chooses different levels of absorbency. For the OP I think this a good conversation starter but I would follow it up with something like; with your most common diaper when do you change and maybe use a percentage scale is: Dry,25,50,75,100% full. Though it doesn't take all the variables out but kind of slims them down. I tend to live in the grey area of on the thin line
You have given your diapering needs a great deal of thought. I respect you for taking charge of your life and doing all you need to do without allowing disability to limit you. Finding a balance between comfort, financial responsibility, and keeping diaper smells from annoying others takes careful thought. You have figured it out in a way that works for you.

Reactions: ParaRomeo and Diaperman95
Back