How Many Diapers Do You Have In Your Stockpile?

How Many Diapers Do You Usually Own At a Time?

• Total voters
Role
  1. Other
I was thinking about possibly creating a poll daily (6 days a week) if I could think of something worthwhile for each day and I was in good enough health to create a thread. For the current day, I was wondering what the general distribution is of how many diapers people on the site own at any given time.

In addition, if you'd like, feel free to share more about your supply of diapers such as:
- How many of each brand and/or model do you own?
- Do you collect them?
- Do you like the freedom of being able to choose from a huge variety to have immediate access to be able to easily wear just the right one on a whim during any given moment?
- Do you have more than usual around currently since your favorite diaper was going to be discontinued so you bought a lot of a specific model so you could be able to use them long into the future in case you might have difficulty finding an alternative?
- Do you prefer baby diapers or adult diapers more or do you have about the same quantity of each?
- Do you like to live in a compact space so you don't keep a lot around?
- Do you like to keep your stash private so you never grow it very big?
- Do you have plenty around so you can stash diapers throughout your house and travel bags as well as in your car in order to always have some nearby and easily available at all times for all kinds of activities especially in case you might get stuck somewhere when you need a diaper change?
- Are you optimistic that diaper designs will likely get better over time so if you buy a lot now, it's likely a waste since there probably will be better options going forward?

Reactions: Edgewater
I restock to the following levels:
  • BetterDry (night time) - 120
  • Depend pull-ups (daytime away from house): 192
  • Threaded armour cloth diapers (@home and out for short trips)- 24
  • Molicare Premium Elastic 8D (when I'm away from home and can't get to the bathroom every hour to swap Depends) - 90

Reactions: DiaperDiva, Edgewater and BigTykes
I have about 1000 Abena L4 (with a small hand full of other brands.
I go through 4-5 a day
I have a bit of a back log
I had done a larger order same time insurance was approved so that doubled my normal stash size.
Always good to have a few extra IMO
since they can stay perfectly fine for years

• Wow
Reactions: Jonnythepony, Edgewater, EcoIncon and 1 other person
I have probably 3 months. I stocked up for 24/7 Confidry (I use ~ 3+ per day)

Reactions: Jonnythepony, Edgewater, EcoIncon and 1 other person
Between 100-300 I reckon ( without counting)
The majority I’d say were Tykables but there are lots of Tena Ultimas, Str8ups, MegaMaxes and a selection of others too in my usable stash.

I also have a case which I put 1 nappy from every new type/brand I purchase.
I’ve been doing that for years and I reckon I must have up to 50 different disposable nappies.

• Love
Reactions: Absammy, Edgewater, SAPexpanded and 1 other person
BigTykes said:
- How many of each brand and/or model do you own?
Probably about 250 altogether, give or take a few dozens. Mostly BetterDry, Northshore supreme blue and white, DryLife super, several other plain whites and a few ABU SDKs.
- Do you like the freedom of being able to choose from a huge variety?
I've tried some variety but reasoned I'm rather fixated on diapers with solid simple unobtrusive colors, so I stick to a few I know I love.
- Do you have more than usual around currently since your favorite diaper was going to be discontinued so you bought a lot of a specific model so you could be able to use them long into the future in case you might have difficulty finding an alternative?
I've heard rumors that Northshore will discontinue the blue Supremes, so I stacked up on them, but the number they amount to isn't unusual.
- Do you prefer baby diapers or adult diapers more or do you have about the same quantity of each?
Adult diapers. Sometimes I get nostalgic about the puberty era when baby diapers were all I could get, so I do keep a couple, but that's infrequent.

Reactions: Edgewater and BigTykes
I did not include my cloth diapers in the count as I commonly vary the type and number based on the specific usage especially when out and about. Same with plastic pants,

I use MEGAMAX exclusively for overnight use as I tend to vary widely regarding volume and I am more interested in not feeling a very wet diaper while sleeping.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTykes
I don't collect them I just binge buy them. Anything new that hits the market I usually snag. My stock pike consists mainly of 99% ABDL diapers and about 1% medical, pull-ups and infant diapers.
I'm currently waiting on Tykables release of their new Galactic and Puppers diapers. I'll order 4 bags each even though I don't need them.
I think I'm a diaper hoarder. I mean I'll keep buying them yet I don't need them.

Reactions: Edgewater
Since I rarely wear, I generally order only when I get down to a few diapers left. I will order at least 2 bags and usually 1 case but then it can be months before I order again.

I only keep around 20, they are abu brand

I don’t have the exact amount on hand, but my adult-sized stash is probably somewhere around 300-400 if I had to guess. It jumps into the thousands if I include my vintage baby diaper collection.

I like having a variety on hand for different purposes. Something like Cushies or Little Monsters is great for daytime or short durations wearing, whereas a PeekABU or Cammies is my choice for overnight or longer durations wearing.

I accidentally voted 20-50, it should have been 50-100. Apologies.

I like to always have enough for 3 months on hand, sometimes more sometimes less. It gives me time to find another source or brand if there’s some kind of disruption to supply.

Reactions: PaddedRita, EcoIncon and BigTykes
around 30, but its too much i think, i want to use them all and have a few month without diapers at home.
I think it got a bit out of hand, i don't want to become "Addicted" to wearing diapers, if someone understands what i mean

I said 20-50, since if I have my two packages fully stocked it would be 32. However I will sometimes nearly run my stash into the ground before restocking so honestly 0-50 may be a better count.

Just got new diapers, around 30 i would say.

FYI - for those of us in the USA, August 1st is the contract deadline for UPS, if they don’t agree or ratify a contract there will be a strike and the shipping disruption will be tremendous since UPS covers approx 25-30% of all US shipping.

• Wow
Reactions: CheekyCharlie and BigTykes
As a cloth diaper user, I have between 50 to 75 diapers, that is way more then enouph diapers to last a very very long time.

Reactions: EcoIncon, chuck and BigTykes
I currently have a bit over 500 diapers, an entire closet is filled with them with a couple of large laundry bags and moving boxes holding some more. I'll usually buy several cases once a year when my family goes out of town for a few weeks.

Currently the bulk of my stash is split between Crinklz and NorthShore Supreme/Supreme Lites, with a small handful of premium diapers and store brands here and there. Actually wanted a couple cases of BetterDrys but everyone was out of stock, and NorthShore is getting absurd with their prices; my entire stock of those is from last year and before.

The strange part is I don't wear usually wear anywhere close to 24/7 (family reasons), but I still get anxiety if my stash dips below like 200, major discomfort if it gets down to double digits. Anyone else get unreasonable stash anxiety?

• Wow
Reactions: EcoIncon, abdlchristian12, BigTykes and 1 other person
Soupsoup72 said:
The strange part is I don't wear usually wear anywhere close to 24/7 (family reasons), but I still get anxiety if my stash dips below like 200, major discomfort if it gets down to double digits. Anyone else get unreasonable stash anxiety?
Yes. Given how long things stay out of stock all the time, it's not surprising. Nobody likes to deal with a binge and seeing out of stock everywhere. And with the China stuff going on stock could be interrupted for years of something guess sour.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTykes and Edgewater
Back