How did you realize you were ABDL?

I always had a thing with pee I would take my clothes of to shower and leave my underwear on to and pretend to pee my pants them when I was 12 I start babysitting my cousin and one day I got one of his diapers and pee on it it was an amazing feeling so I did 3 more times, then stopped then as an adult I saw a picture of someone in a baby diaper and one of my students used the same diaper so I stole one because I want to see that f fit me before buying a whole bag, but of course it didn’t, but I pee on it anyway and it was awesome, I saw them pictures with people using goodnites, but they didn’t sell here so when I went to the USA I tried them and enjoyed even though would leak sometimes, I would use only sometimes because I lived in a family house there, when I came back to Brazil I was sad no more diapers I thought, but 3 years ago I moved to an apartment by myself and bought my first adult diapers but would rarely wear them, but this year on the quarantine I dove into it, I don’t wear 24/7 but enjoy some nights and weekends

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle and trevor0160
I started to wear diapers a few years back despite actually needing to wear them all my life, but no one bothered to diaper me when I was a kid. I like the way they feel, and I do feel different in one. It's hard to explain. But I don't wear them just for fun. They're an actual need as I don't know how to go potty.

I was 4 or 5 when I started playing with my little brother's cloth diapers. I grew up thinking I was the only one in the world with diaper predilections, because there was no internet and therefore no way to discover I wasn't alone. I remember daydreaming about being diapered while I was in grade school all the way through high school. I always gravitated toward the more maternal girls in my class, even if they were not the most attractive or personable.

I started pinning towels on myself during my limited time alone when I was a teenager, and bought my first adult disposables (which were far from common back then) when I was 23. I haven't really gone too long without a diaper on since then ... nearly 40 years ago.

Reactions: tam1623
I started to get into using pads 13- 15 and then went to using diapers around 17. i got my hands on those ok store brand diaprers and fell in love with those. Then up until 3 years ago i found the Tranquilty slimine stuff at a good will and enjoyed using that and wanted to get more and found some stuff via thrift stores. I went to college and went to like the thrift store stuff and the store brand stuff and then eventually orderd a few from the internet. All of the stuff was the cloth backed disposable stuff except for the tranquilty slimline. thats when i tried the Tena stuff. they were good. but they were not good enough. I kept them for a while and then finally went with the good plastic backed diapers and the rest is history from there.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
ThePaddedTurtle said:
I started to get into using pads 13- 15 and then went to using diapers around 17. i got my hands on those ok store brand diaprers and fell in love with those. Then up until 3 years ago i found the Tranquilty slimine stuff at a good will and enjoyed using that and wanted to get more and found some stuff via thrift stores. I went to college and went to like the thrift store stuff and the store brand stuff and then eventually orderd a few from the internet. All of the stuff was the cloth backed disposable stuff except for the tranquilty slimline. thats when i tried the Tena stuff. they were good. but they were not good enough. I kept them for a while and then finally went with the good plastic backed diapers and the rest is history from there.
Back in 1997 when I started wearing adult diapers, the pharmacy in my small college town had what was called First Choice or something like that. They were cheap, plastic backed but not very thirsty.

Reactions: mhb53 and ThePaddedTurtle
I have always wet the bed so I have always had diapers. One day I just got annoyed about having to stop what I was doing to go to the restroom put on a diaper and that was it. I have always like diapers and was not potty trained until seven and if I get a cold or something like that I go back to being fully incontinent in terms of wetting. I can remember I was 10 when I had a cold and wet my pants twice during the day and my grandma asked if I should just use my younger cousins training pants and did and I suppose that is when I knew I was a DL.

I was about 3-4, I can still remember mourning the loss of diapers, I can remember the very last box of diapers in the house being on a high shelf, when it finally was taken down to where I could get at it, I found out all the diapers were destroyed, probably by my parents. Then there was a neighbors kid that showed me how he could now go number 1 and number 2 like a big boy, right next to the front door of his apartment. His parent caught him and dragged him inside saying he was gonna have to wear diapers again, he screamed and cried, he was maybe 3 or 2, they closed the door and that was the last I saw of that. Time passed I was a little older and trauma happened, I had to stay at a babysitters and I couldn't sleep, so I tried a huggies diaper on and that was it, I was hooked, it made me feel safe and loved and I was addicted, I was found in the morning by my older sisters and the diaper was taken away and I was told I was big boy and didn't need diapers.
That haunted me the rest of my childhood and around 11-12 I stole some pull ups in sample box from an open mailbox, took it home the small didn't fit but the large did, kinda and I wet it and I had to have more.
For years I thought I was a freak and alone and then I saw a episode of Donahue that had adult babies on it, I was horrified and didn't feel like an ABDL, or like the people on the tv show, it wasn't till college that I got online and found others like me.

One morning when I was 13 I urgently needed to get out of bed and pee but didn't want to put my feet on a cold floor or stop reading an exciting part of my book. I delayed and delayed (just one more chapter!), rocked and wiggled around on my tummy with growing urgency to hold it in — and accidentally discovered masturbation. Oooo, it started to feel really good rocking and thrusting like that. I followed the feelings past an amazing point of no return and came helplessly for the first time in a series of waves in my pyjamas.

Laying there trembling in the afterglow, the crotch of my pyjamas wet under me, I thought I'd lost control and peed myself as that feeling happened. And that was weird and should have been very embarrassing, but mostly it just felt so good that the only important question to me was can I make that happen again. I literally lay there and decided that even if I found I had to lose control and pee my pants to get that feeling I would do it anyway. And I did it. I rocked and wiggled against my bed until my eyes were even wider and the front of my pants was even wetter.

Over the next few days I spent a suspicious and exciting amount of time in my room, rubbing my little self against my clothes and sheets finding better and better ways of getting that feeling. I quickly understood it wasn't pee, but the peak of it sure felt like a childhood moment I'd had many times: losing control and having an accident. Which all of a sudden was changed in meaning for me from embarrassing memory to irresistible erotic curiosity.

I did it on purpose a few days later, as soon as I had privacy. I held till I was truly desperate and gave in and peed in my pants like a little child. It wasn't an orgasm but the feeling was wonderful in its own way, a flood of warmth all over my most sensitive places, the total release, the naughtiness and daring… I pleasured myself to two blissful climaxes in my peed pants. And from then on I was hooked, combining those two feelings in every way I could think of.

That first time, I got myself to let go and wet by imagining being a baby who couldn't help it. That was more or less an in-the-moment accident. Forever afterwards diapers have been exciting to me, and becoming a baby again, feeling all the feelings of helplessly going in my diapers, has been one part of my play.

Last edited:
Reactions: wetaccident and SaggyDiaperChris
4-5 me an my cousin of the same age were at his nans house and I’m not 100 percent sure why there was diapers there but I think they were his cousins sons from the other half the family but we put them on and I just remember completely loving the feeling and being kids we laughed about having them on an took them off but I kept one under my shit and snuck it home and I just loved wearing it I wouldn’t wet them at the time but that made me fall in love with diapers

Reactions: SaggyDiaperChris, DiaperedBedwetter1998, Aby and 1 other person
The desire was always there. I loved being in them when I was supposed to wear them as a little kid.. I always loved the thickness and plastic crinkle of them. I also took a liking to plastic pants because my mom would always slip on a pair over the already plastic diaper. So it was after training I realized I still liked wearing. I would often get a sense of jealousy seeing my younger sister getting changed or my little cousin. They would always get changed into a nice thick plastic diaper. So it was many years after that trying to make makeshift diapers to help feed the desire to wear again. The makeshift ones tided me over for many years until I could actually get bigger adult ones.

Reactions: littledub1955, SaggyDiaperChris and BabyHailey1977
I was about 45 and originally bought diapers to make my butt look bigger. It didnt work for that but I discovered how great it felt to wet them, especially when standing and talking to someone who had no idea. Ive always been a sissy at heart, so when I realized I could fit into girls Goodnites I was hooked.

I (M) used to steal nappies when I was a teenager from a friends house who had kids, I guess that was the start. I also used to wet and mess myself when I had the house to myself.

Then nothing for years, until I saw something online by accident and it looked hot so I ordered a sample pack and loved it from there.

My Girlfriend (now wife) found out and wanted to see me wearing one, so I did. We explored it together from there and now we both wear when we can. For her it is more a sexual thing, we wear together when we are or have had sex. I wear as often as I can, wear to work, the shops etc but not quiet 24/7.

I have noticed though that I am obviously wearing a lot as I have a couple of small accidents recently...

• Love
Reactions: mhb53, tam1623, indiaperdl and 1 other person
When I was around 4-5 I remember taking my brothers nappies for no reason, wearing them but got caught by Dad & smacked, taken into the living room and placed in one as punishment (This isn't fake it actually happened) then again when I was around 12-13 I was bullied in school bunked off & ended up buying them from a local SPAR shop for £1.69 (store brand) & that was it. Lead onto ordering samples from Dynites.co.uk etc., still trying to write it all into my ABDL autobiography of sorts xD

I think mine stimmed from when I was 4 and was hospitalized and when I got out I always asked my mom how come I couldnt wear pullups because I wet the bed till i was 8. She never let me wear. Then when I was 12 I tried on one of my cousins barney luvs diapers and I was hooked after the first pee. Didnt know what a abdl was or if there was others weird like me till I turned 18.

Reactions: SaggyDiaperChris
I had been interested in peeing my pants and trying to get other kids to do it with me/wear diapers when I found some (I got put in pull-ups after some accidents on a vacation once but I think it was at a holiday party where a friend took some of her little brother’s diapers out of their car and a few of us put them on in my bedroom that really turned me on to the diaper thing), I’m not sure exactly when I realized it was a THING, that there were others like me, but it must have been at some point looking around on the internet as a teenager

Reactions: wetaccident
Onesieman said:
I started having fantasies about wearing diapers at 13. I found some depends pull-ups in my dad's closet at age 14 and tried them on and liked them. Then got internet access started looking at diaper art and got aroused by them. After graduating bought my own diapers at a store and never went back.
For some reason I remember in a very early age I was like 1 1/2 when I started remembering things around me but I also realized that for some strange reason my parents had already potty trained me and unknowingly to me I started hunting down pillowcases towels anything I could find to make diapers out of why I don't know and I did it for a number of years before I knew there was even a name for it but I also knew that if my parents had caught me wow what a beating I would have got and now I'm 56 years old and love every minute of it I don't know why and you know what after all these years I don't really care anymore I just know that that's what makes me feel good inside and out and I continue to do it there were times when I fought against it hit it for myself but it would come back with a vengeance and you know what I decided to give in and it made me feel so much better signed baby d

Dede4 said:
For some reason I remember in a very early age I was like 1 1/2 when I started remembering things around me but I also realized that for some strange reason my parents had already potty trained me and unknowingly to me I started hunting down pillowcases towels anything I could find to make diapers out of why I don't know and I did it for a number of years before I knew there was even a name for it but I also knew that if my parents had caught me wow what a beating I would have got and now I'm 56 years old and love every minute of it I don't know why and you know what after all these years I don't really care anymore I just know that that's what makes me feel good inside and out and I continue to do it there were times when I fought against it hit it for myself but it would come back with a vengeance and you know what I decided to give in and it made me feel so much better signed baby d
And by the way this is the first time I've ever signed into a site and talked to anyone or anything publicly about me wearing diapers

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle and Aby
The first time I did that on this site was mind numbing but also liberating.

In all honesty and strange as it might sound, I learned I was a DL well after I started wearing diapers. I had a bed wetting incident over 3 years ago. We had new bedding (mattress & linens) and one night I woke up in the middle of a pee dream and realized I was wetting the bed. I was able to stop before I peed a lot; but, I did leave about a 6" diameter spot in the sheet. This was probably the first time that had happened to me in at least 10 years. Anyway, I went to the bathroom and finished peeing. Then I put a towel under the sheet. In the morning my wife and I changed the sheets. Fortunately there was no permanent stain to the mattress. (The previously order mattress protector coincidentally arrived in the mail that day.) I told my wife I would not sleep on the new bedding again without wearing a diaper.

Because I've had a pee fetish for as long as I can remember back to ages 6 or 7, I realized this was a good opportunity to enjoy it more during the day. Previously, all I would do is lay in the tub and give myself golden showers while bathing. After a while I ventured "over to the dark side" and actually started spraying my pee into my mouth. I liked it from the start. In more recent years I had started to pee in glasses and drink it.

So, after a week or so of wearing a diaper I realized I enjoyed them and they could help me enjoy my pee fetish in other ways. How would I go from wearing only at night to wearing 24/7? Easy, my wife obviously knew from our conversations with my urologist that ic was a common result of a radical prostatectomy. I faked a stress ic incident one day - just enough to show a spot on my slacks. I suggested if I were starting to have stress ic issues it would probably be best that I wear diapers 24/7. She was in total agreement. Once I was wearing 24/7 and peeing in them regularly, I just came to realize how comforting they are for me. I've come to like wearing diapers so much I have no plans to ever stop wearing them.

I have since confessed to my wife how much I like my diapers as well as the fact I like peeing in them on purpose. She can't understand why I would want to pee in them on purpose; but, she also doesn't understand why I like wearing women's panties. But, that's okay because I don't understand either desire either. Better than that, I don't really care that I desire those things. Satisfying those desires doesn't harm a soul and helps to keep me happy. Now, if I had to make a choice between wearing panties or a diaper, that would be tough. What I can say is I find nothing more comfortable than laying down in bed with a plump, sagging, and extremely wet diaper between my legs.

Reactions: littleluvs and ThePaddedTurtle
I didn't learn the term "Diaper Lover" until about 10 years ago when I found a site about it, but I've been one as long as I can remember.

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle
Back