How did you realize you were ABDL?

trevor0160

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
I'm curious to know how other ABDLs found out. For me, I've always liked wetting and messing myself, but I never specifically wanted to use diapers. Then, one night, I got extremely drunk and woke up with a bunch of adult diaper samples in my Amazon cart. Apparently I had told several of my friends I was ABDL and liked wearing diapers. It was very embarrassing, but I decided to roll with it and actually try them. I've been wearing them ever since.

• Haha
Reactions: Prillprillprill, Mas16210, wetaccident and 7 others
I don’t know if I can trace it to a specific moment or thought processes, but I remember two important touchstones in my life:

1. being like 8 or 9 and watching Rugrats and being like “oooh, that looks nice and comforting and fun”
2. Being diapered by a nurse and feeling simultaneously comforted and fully safe and also feeling the intimacy of helplessness and care in certain contexts when I was 14.

Then, I think about a year later I stumbled on some age regression stories while trying to figure out why I even like diapers so much.

Reactions: Blekyss, littledub1955, DippyDawg and 2 others
When I turned 18 and I still wanted to wear and use diapers.

Reactions: Safari, trevor0160 and Angelapinks
I was 4 or 5. I was playing in my room, found some old diapers, things got weird and boom. The connection was made.

When I had access to diapers again, they were all cloth backed, and I was like, WTF this isn’t what I remember. I “found” some diapers at my church soon after and they happened to be those plastic backed Luvs(very first Barney print ones). I grabbed one and wowza....it was like a flashback.

As far as knowing what I wanted. I really did know things were different at an early age. I mean I legit remember seeing another kid wearing those pinstripe Luvs and being jealous.

Reactions: littledub1955, SaggyDiaperChris, Safari and 2 others
The day that I saw my older sister put a diaper on my little brother as a joke was the day for me. I was 6 or 7. From that moment on, I wanted to be in diapers so bad. The first time I got one on was the day I was hooked. Had a binky and a bottle hidden as well. I just didn’t know why, but I wished every night that my mom would put me back into diapers.

Reactions: littledub1955, Safari and trevor0160
I realized I wanted to be back in diapers by the age of 4. There were always cartoons of characters being put or forced into diapers. We'd also have neighbors who would have a baby and I see the diapers and I so wanted to be diapered. By the time I hit puberty I was acting on it, making my own makeshift diapers and using them.

Reactions: littledub1955, littlemoosey and trevor0160
Bookishboy1993 said:
1. being like 8 or 9 and watching Rugrats and being like “oooh, that looks nice and comforting and fun”
Now that you mention it, I remember thinking the same thing during the episode where Chucky got put in daytime diapers again for his bedwetting. Aside from that, I've had urges to wear and use diapers since I was five. Around the age of fourteen, I finally gave in to those urges and made a makeshift diaper out of toilet paper. After I gave it some thought (trying to figure out just what I was doing and why), I realized I had been this way practically my whole life. I searched "Diaper Syndrome" on my Ipod trying to find a mental disorder I could attribute it to, and instead I found people like me. After some searching around on various sites and forums, I found a blog that made all those feelings I've had since childhood make sense. That's when I knew why I wanted to wear diapers, and thanks to those sites I was able to not see it as a big deal in the long run, even if I did try to suppress/ignore it for a while.

Reactions: DippyDawg, trevor0160 and Bookishboy1993
Well, I really can't point out when it took place for me . It might have been something I had when I was a young kid. I do remember when I was 7 or 8 years old I went to a Children's Hospital and seeing kids a little older than 3 in disposable diapers I even had a room mate who I say 6 years old wearing diapers

Reactions: trevor0160
Lightstreak2553 said:
Now that you mention it, I remember thinking the same thing during the episode where Chucky got put in daytime diapers again for his bedwetting. Aside from that, I've had urges to wear and use diapers since I was five. Around the age of fourteen, I finally gave in to those urges and made a makeshift diaper out of toilet paper. After I gave it some thought (trying to figure out just what I was doing and why), I realized I had been this way practically my whole life. I searched "Diaper Syndrome" on my Ipod trying to find a mental disorder I could attribute it to, and instead I found people like me. After some searching around on various sites and forums, I found a blog that made all those feelings I've had since childhood make sense. That's when I knew why I wanted to wear diapers, and thanks to those sites I was able to not see it as a big deal in the long run, even if I did try to suppress/ignore it for a while.
I think for me it’s the one where Tommy’s dad, Stu falls off the roof/a ladder, bumps his head, and thinks he a baby and “becomes” one for part of the episode.

Reactions: littledub1955, Aby, Lightstreak2553 and 1 other person
For me it all stems from my childhood and the fact I wore nappies most of the time until age 5. I then wore pull ups at home as well as nappies on long journeys etc until I was 10. I had psychological issues using the toilet, there were no other medical reasons for it apparently. I think I grew to like wearing them that when my parents stopped me I missed them.
You can read about it fully in my about section on my profile.

I was a late potty-trainee; I didn't want to leave diapers during potty training, and at one point - I don't remember how old I was, sometime between 3-5 - I somehow convinced my grandmother to buy me diapers/pull-ups again and I was *so happy* getting them and wearing them again, and I even intentionally pooped in them. I think it was probably for a day or two before my mom likely put a stop to it, but yeah, it's essentially been in my DNA since the start.

However, I completely forgot about them afterwards, and when I started developing depression and anxiety as a teenager, I inexplicably found a coping mechanism in secretly going to the bathroom in my pants. I don't know how I came to find out that worked for me, but when I looked it up on the internet I pretty quickly found AB/DL and all the pieces came together for me.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall, LittleScotty and trevor0160
Hard to say when exactly I acknowledged that my desire to wear diapers was unusual, but I began wearing for fun at an early age. I was six years old (or almost) when I began borrowing and using my then-little sister's cloth diapers. It became almost a routine thing for me, made possible by some pretty hands-off parenting. If Mom ever noticed that the diaper pail was filling faster than normal, she kept it to herself. Sis trained within a year of my getting back into diapers, but the diapering supplies were kept around, so I continued wearing (but without using).

I don't think I really reflected on it or felt any guilt until my late pre-teens, when puberty hit and suddenly diapers became a major source of arousal. At that point, what might have felt like an innocent quirk was suddenly a major preoccupation and a source of shame. Unfortunately, that was how things remained until late in 1994, shortly before I turned 19. I was a freshman in college and had internet access for the first time. The web was hardly a thing yet, but usenet was already past its prime, and there were several groups related to diaper fetishes, chiefly alt.sex.fetish.diapers. The conversation there was...pretty one-handed, and not anything I wanted to participate in. That said, it was a major revelation that other people liked diapers too, and I suddenly felt a lot better.

It wasn't until a few years later, however, that I stumbled upon the term "ABDL" on a website--probably DPF, sometime in 1997 or 98. I'd had no idea there was a label for this stuff until then.

TL;DR: I've been playing with diapers for almost 40 years, but began thinking of myself as an ABDL only just over 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: tam1623, DippyDawg, sinceiwassmall and 1 other person
forrest0160 said:
I'm curious to know how other ABDLs found out. For me, I've always liked wetting and messing myself, but I never specifically wanted to use diapers. Then, one night, I got extremely drunk and woke up with a bunch of adult diaper samples in my Amazon cart. Apparently I had told several of my friends I was ABDL and liked wearing diapers. It was very embarrassing, but I decided to roll with it and actually try them. I've been wearing them ever since.
I knew it from the time I was 3-4, never wanted to leave them, always wanted to be in them. Started sneaking when I was old enough to grab a towel/pillowcase/rag or whatever would work. When I was 6 years old. I had a towel and some pins, and brilliantly thought that "NO ONE COULD POSSIBLY SEE ME" underneath the diving board by our pool that was literally flanked by dining room/living room/ tv room/ bed room windows. So as I was laying under the board pulling the "diaper" between my legs, my 18 year old sister yells, "xxxxx do you need me to help put your diaper on!" I did not realize you could be mortified at 6 years old... but I was. I got up ran and hid as fast as I could until dinner. The fnny thing is, although we all ate together during that time (7 of us), I dont remember catching any teasing or flack about it.

As I got older I just got better at "acquiring" the real thing and keeeping them secreted away. And now here I stand 61 years years old. I took a long sabatical from wearing diapers... but the urges never went away. Now I am pushing into 4 years of being happily and regularly diapered by my wonderfull mommy/wife, momma2moosey. It does not go away, and even now when I logically tell myself "give it up, this is crazy, it doesn't make sense". I can't do it. I love the feel the comfort the security as it is snugly pinned at my waist. But more importantly I love the beautiful interaction with my wife. She is wonderful... I am the luckiest man in the world.

• Love
Reactions: geka, ItsTimmyTime and trevor0160
I was always curious and jealous of baby stuff my entire childhood and briefly experimented with diapers when I was 11. I was actually padded when I got my first period and thought it was a punishment from god for being weird. I stopped for a very long time. In 2015 I had a nasty accident that left me bedridden for a long time. In that time I got to thinking who I really was and what I wanted. That's when I found out about ABDL and that I wasn't alone. Also I was agnostic by that point so the whole "gods judgement" thing was gone

For me as long as i can remember i wanted to wear diapers but it was really after i stopped bedwetting at 17 when i realize i still want to be in them that i knew something was up .

For me, it started to appear in various sites and forums I am a member of, and it got my curiosity 2 years ago, for some reason I could not resist it, and ordered a pack of 10 to try. I hid it from my husband, but wearing them I was overwhelmed, and popped it on him, completely by surprise and his reaction was not great, so I hid it, ignored it and tried to turn it off.

Last few months, the urge has grown and grown again, when I first tried them, I was overwhelmed at how relaxing they were, so this time, I did my research, including PTSD, and found loads.

This time, I laid it all out to hubby, what they give to me, how they relax me, give me a safe space, and now, he is fully behind me, so glad.

I only use for safe space for a wee, bathrooms trigger my PTSD, but I am not a messy kind of guy, for everything else, loving being diapered. Feels weird now not to be.

Reactions: littledub1955 and trevor0160
kinkygaybottom said:
I only use for safe space for a wee, bathrooms trigger my PTSD, but I am not a messy kind of guy, for everything else, loving being diapered. Feels weird now not to be.
I know what you mean. I quit wearing diapers for probably 6 or 7 months this year, and when I moved in with my boyfriend I started again. Something in me clicked, and I realized I just wanted to wear and use them all the time. I avoid wearing underwear actively now, the only time I don't have a diaper on is when I'm butt-naked and I'd like it to stay that way.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955 and kinkygaybottom
As an eight year old I guess is when I started using towels and diaper pins to put on make-shift diapers. I remember I always poked my fingers and one day my mon noticed. She asked what happened and I told her safety pins. Then one day, I came home from somewhere and she said she put my safety pins on my dresser. I looked and there they were. I don’t think she knows what I was doing with them.

I never understood why I liked diapers, bottles and pacifiers until college when I found DPF. That was eye opening and I finally felt normal.

Reactions: ItsTimmyTime and trevor0160
Bit of an odd story in my case.

The desires hit when I was 4 when I saw either an ad or a leaflet with an image of a girl I thought was about my age wearing a nappy. I remember the moment. I suddenly got this insanely jealous feeling, went upstairs and put on one of my sister’s Pampers.

I discovered this was a “thing” when I was about 13 and read in a newspaper agony aunt column about a man who liked to wear nappies and be treated like a baby.

Before that (even when I bought my first adult nappies age 12) I thought I was the only person in the world who wanted to wear nappies.

Full story here...

Reactions: tam1623
I started having fantasies about wearing diapers at 13. I found some depends pull-ups in my dad's closet at age 14 and tried them on and liked them. Then got internet access started looking at diaper art and got aroused by them. After graduating bought my own diapers at a store and never went back.

• Love
Reactions: Etienne, littledub1955 and trevor0160
Back