Not open for further replies.

GelegenheitsDL

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little

Hello,
I was wondering lately how you explained to your friends and family that you now belong to the Abdl community
🥲
Thank u for ur help.

Reactions: DiaperPaige
I don't have many IRL friends but told a few online friends just slowly nonchalantly and they were very accepting and understanding of it. Now, in addition to that, I told my family about it 2 and a half months ago around the time I started fully accepting my ABDL side and buying the good ABDL diapers. I had gotten really obsessed and insomniatic over the ABDL stuff after only fantasizing about it for over 21 years. I never once bought a diaper until recently, and I regret that now since I should've embraced this more years ago and I may have been happier in the long run.

I got to chatting with some people, one of them recommended I tell a parent. I thought "Heck no!" at first, but then I days later started considering it. I read a book called "You're Not Broken: A Guide to Self Acceptance for AB/DLs" by Dr. Rhoda and it brought me to tears but also helped me understand so much about why I am how I am. It also mentioned how it's a harmless vice and isn't something that can just go away. You can suppress it but it'll always come back. Almost like sexuality perse.

Eventually, a few days later, I decided I would tell my Mom (I live with my parents too) once they got back home from vacation on that coming Sunday. But 2 days later and more insomnia and I decided instead to tell my Dad first while they were still on vacation because I trusted him, and so I did a call on Thursday instead and told him everything. I said I like diapers, I'm what's called ABDL (adult baby diaper lover), and it's something that makes me comfortable and relaxed and it's something that's been a part of who I am for many years and I've always lived in shame and fear over it. It's not something you can 'cure', it'll always be a part of me one way or another. I like adult diapers and baby diapers. My goal is to be able to buy and wear in the house.

He then asked if he could loop in my Mom which I obliged, told her the same thing, she asked a few more questions and they were both very accepting and said they just wanted me to be happy and were sorry I felt so down for so long. It wasn't the weirdest thing they had heard of and they had no issues with me doing what I wanted with it. Within about 2 weeks of that, I was fully 24/7 as I am now. I've since told them about my AB/Little side, that I have a pacifier, showed plushies, mentioned ABDL friends, told my Mom about my long distance Daddy, and even showed my Mom some of my diaper designs. Both of them encourage me to go out and meet other ABDLs and go to events, etc.

Beyond that, though, no further participation. They know I wear 24/7 and don't use the toilet. We joke about ABDL stuff a lot. I also came out as Bisexual to them in early March and fully accepting as well.

Now, my situation may seem great but I'm sure there are people out there with even more accepting family/friends (that like to participate further), but that can be unhealthy and I never expected them to do that. But at least I can be myself and not have to hide it from the people I care about the most and whom I live with regardless if I was living in their home or if I visited every now and then. The cat's out the bag and it feels good!

• Love
Reactions: denimchicken, littledreamers333, Humperdink2 and 11 others
I’ve only told my girlfriend. Aside from her the only people who know are other AB/DLs.

Reactions: GelegenheitsDL
I don't need to tell anyone jack squat. :)

Reactions: Tommy10, Eclectic, siysiy and 2 others
I’ve only told people who actually needed to know, such as partners

Reactions: Eclectic and Therin
I told a few close people and just explained how it is. There was some weirdness from their expressions but over time it seemed all right. It doesn't mean it's easy. But you got to feel out what you need in life and what works best for you. Only you know you.

GelegenheitsDL said:
Hello,
I was wondering lately how you explained to your friends and family that you now belong to the Abdl community
🥲
Thank u for ur help.
Is there a reason they have to know? Do you tell your friends what you do in your bedroom? Do they tell you?

Telling your friends has an extremely high chance of going aweful.
ask your self why your friends have to know.

Telling an intimate partner is different but friends don't need to know. They likely wouldn't tell you either.
Generally speaking abdl is a private thing.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Tommy10, LittleRascal and 3 others
Only my partner knows that I like to wear nappies and I think that if I was alone then I would be the only one to know.

Reactions: PaddedRita and warmfeeling
Never had a need to tell anyone and they never had a need to know.

Reactions: jozik and warmfeeling
SparkyDog said:
I agree. I haven't mentioned abdl to anyone.

Reactions: warmfeeling
I disclose it on a need to know basis. So best friends, other abdls, and those who could be a future significant other. Parents are a no go, they don't need to know. Even when I lived with my mom I just kept it a secret til I moved out.

Reactions: Rainbow and lilbabyjooce
I told my wife a few months after we started dating that I enjoyed wearing diapers and rubber pants and had most of my life. While surprised if not a little shocked, once we talked she understood and became my biggest supporter. She told me she wanted me to be happy and was glad I told her rather than hide like I before we met. Since then, we've told other family members and a few close friends who we spend a lot of time with.

Reactions: denimchicken and warmfeeling
There's something incredibly freeing about telling your closest loved ones about this lifestyle. Yes, it's a private thing, but it's also something that in many cases strongly defines who we (at least in my case) are and I've come to realize that this is a part of me just like my sexuality and I can't just suppress it because it'll eventually come back. I'm fine with being more open about it. It's definitely not something most would do and it's why it's so hard for partners but especially parents of ABDLs to find a support group.

Anywho, I now choose to live not caring what others really think of the ABDL stuff. I'm much happier embracing it and being a bit more open about it, within reason. And I've been meeting so many great people whom I now consider to be good friends, within the community. I never would've done any of this if I hadn't accepted this. :)

Reactions: denimchicken, LittleRascal, warmfeeling and 3 others
According to my wife and I we tell our Vanilla friends that I am incontinent that's my story, and I am sticking to it. we just avoid the fact i need them and enjoy them also :D

My parents know since I've been into wearing diapers since I was little. Basically just left at don't ask don't tell kinda thing as I got older. Only time they would bring it up was telling me to please throw them in the outside trash or wrap them in a garage bag cause the smell.
They know I still wear but never really say anything now.
Other than them my gf and a few close friends know. Never told anyone on purpose other than my gf everyone else either found my diapers or something and asked about it.

Reactions: denimchicken, warmfeeling and Deleted member 66129
I think it’s great that some are able to be open about their AB/DL lifestyle like that. I’ve been thinking a lot about my approach to how I will tell my wife about my (currently hidden) Little play time. For me, it’s just about having the freedom to be a Little whenever I can. It doesn’t need to be full time (although that would be pretty nice!). I think she’ll be somewhat ok with it, but hard to say. She’s not very adventurous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prillprillprill
My boyfriend spoke to my Instagram account where I upload photos abdl, so he knew it from the beginning.
Besides him,Besides him, only two friends know it, and they found out because when I showed them something on my phone, A notification came from that same Instagram Abdl, the good thing is that they only asked some things And we never talk about that again😅.

SparkyDog said:
Is there a reason they have to know? Do you tell your friends what you do in your bedroom? Do they tell you?

Telling your friends has an extremely high chance of going aweful.
ask your self why your friends have to know.

Telling an intimate partner is different but friends don't need to know. They likely wouldn't tell you either.
[/QUOTE

I have never felt the urge to tell anyone my diaper loverism, it`s in my zone of privacy... Living in marriage is another question, it's over my need so I should tell....

I completely disagree with people saying you shouldn't tell anyone except your partner. For myself and many others this is a lifestyle and an important part of our identity not just a kink. Telling someone you are AB is NOT like telling them you like anal or having your toes sucked.

As for why tell them, well I have a nursery in my house and go to abdl events. Do I want to have to deal with the burden of hiding where I'm going, and concealing a room from my close friends?

Also I DO talk about my sex life with my close friends!

You don't ever tell people I don't think will react well but honestly I have never had a bad experience with telling someone. People are pretty accepting, at least the people I associate with.

Personally I would never tell my parents, but that is because I am not close to them and they are not very nice people. But if someone is lucky enough to have a strong relationship with their parents then good for them if they want to tell them.
Yes it is private, but if you live with your parents and especially if being abdl and hiding it is affecting your mental health then telling them seems absolutely appropriate.

I'd draw the line at parents participating, that seems creepy to me. But then again I don't know the nature of everyone's littlespace or relationship to their parents. Perhaps I'm not the best judge as I never had a good relationship with my own parents. But if it were my child I would hope they would tell me and I would support them, even maybe buy them baby stuff.

Reactions: denimchicken, Dabsanddiapers, Rainbow and 8 others
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back