Hiking diapers

JeriHfoley18

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
My wife and I travel for fun, a lot. What’s the Best diaper for hot days and lots of walking? I mainly don’t want the fabric to disappear and be walking in a trash bag by the end of it.

I was think maybe an actual cloth cloth diaper for such events?
Thoughts-concerns-insults?

Semper fi

Cloth diapers is my thought. Perhaps the Threaded Armor would work well. The microfiber cloth is very absorbent but it also has more squeeze out problems than cotton. That won't need a problem for hiking, just be careful about sitting down.

AlwaysPissed said:
Cloth diapers is my thought. Perhaps the Threaded Armor would work well. The microfiber cloth is very absorbent but it also has more squeeze out problems than cotton. That won't need a problem for hiking, just be careful about sitting down.
Would probably be the best. Even with a plastic pant on top, I find them to be more breathable and "airy" when it's hot and humid. On the other hand - you need to carry the wet laundry. Alternatively a thinner, less absorbent disposable would also be fine. Just make sure to wear some slightly compressing pants above. Prevents the diapers from falling appart from much movement. Or just a pad - also more airy. It really comes down to what to do with the used ones, the only downside of cloth in this situation.

Cheers

I hike with a pull-on disposable and a sports/compression underwear over top. In my pack I carry a light-mid absorbent, cloth-backed, disposable diaper that I can change whilst on the trail (without taking my shorts, and shoes off)...lean against a tree, rock, or bear.

Reactions: Jojo54, Joeysms, Chrissie and 3 others
Have you tried Megamax by Northshorecare.com? They are really good, but they are a thick diaper.

Reactions: BabyAshtonMarie81, Teddy02 and Jorelaxed
daylight said:
I hike with a pull-on disposable and a sports/compression underwear over top. In my pack I carry a light-mid absorbent, cloth-backed, disposable diaper that I can change whilst on the trail (without taking my shorts, and shoes off)...lean against a tree, rock, or bear.
Or bear??!?! Oooooo kay

• Haha
Reactions: Diaperderby and moorey
PetahPetah said:
Or bear??!?! Oooooo kay
Maybe talking about a teddy bear? Unless I missed something and bears are super helpful and friendly once they realize you need a change. xD

Cheers

Reactions: Teddy02
Hiking outdoors, leaning against a tree or rock... Fine. I would suggest not bothering any wildlife.

I found - for walking/hiking, also for bicycling - the belt type diapers (Tena Flex, Attends Flex or Seni Optima) very comfortable and reliable. More capacity than pull-ups, very easy to change by simply standing up without even needing something to lean on. as the tights and hips - except of the belt - are uncovered, they make any movement of the legs very easy as you don't have to work against the wide wings of a tabbed diaper...

I find that once my diaper gets wet when hiking that the heat/humidity of it completely zaps my energy. I can walk in a dry diaper but I get quickly exhausted once it is wet

hbic60 said:
I found - for walking/hiking, also for bicycling - the belt type diapers (Tena Flex, Attends Flex or Seni Optima) very comfortable and reliable. More capacity than pull-ups, very easy to change by simply standing up without even needing something to lean on. as the tights and hips - except of the belt - are uncovered, they make any movement of the legs very easy as you don't have to work against the wide wings of a tabbed diaper...
Yes, this. Tena Flex or any of the similar designs.

I'm from alberta Canada and go hiking all the time I wear ABU alphagators and they hold up and are comfortable to wear

Reactions: joemama
For normal hiking'walking I like to use my Ecoable snap-on cloth diaper with a NS Eternadry contour booster insert. I use these for athletic sport activity (like tennis, golf or softball). Comfortable and secure. Limited leaks. But if I'm camping and hiking, I typically wear a disposable diaper (and sometimes with compression shorts).

• Wow
Reactions: EcoIncon and Lostdiapersboy
greatlake5 said:
For normal hiking'walking I like to use my Ecoable snap-on cloth diaper with a NS Eternadry contour booster insert. I use these for athletic sport activity (like tennis, golf or softball). Comfortable and secure. Limited leaks. But if I'm camping and hiking, I typically wear a disposable diaper (and sometimes with compression shorts).
How the feel when ware compression shorts with diaper dose like diaper wet full or dose leak out

wife and I with two IC teens as well. We all do hiking, kayaking, and much more outdoors stuff. We use betterdrys and northshore supremes.

Reactions: queerpeanut, diaperkool and Seasblewin
JeriHfoley18 said:
I was think maybe an actual cloth cloth diape

Be ready for leaks. Cloth is absolutely terrible. I use the Rearz Daydreamers. I HATE the print on them and with they were just a white or light blue color with the clear plastic. They do not leak.

The key for being active is to make sure the tapes are not too tight or loose. Too tight will cut into your skin and irritate it. Too loose will make it start to fall down/off after a few wettings.

Reactions: BabyAshtonMarie81 and JeriHfoley18
I'm wear 24/7 no matter what. When I go out hiking I wears a northshore Megamax diaper with an XL booster pad. It honestly can handle 10hr of wetting. Then I puts mens boxer briefs on over my diaper then I wears a onesie. I do this so I dont get chafing on my thick thighs when walking. Plus mens boxer breifs and onesie helps support my wet soggy saggy diaper so walking doesn't become hindered as much. I also bring my backpack diaper bag, and if need too I'll change myself and put my soiled diaper in a small plastic bag and throw it out once I'm able too in the trash. Ooo and a&d ointment with zinc helps with sweat rashes and diaper rashes from happening.

It really depends on whether or you can change. I'd recommend a Tena Flex or Tena Stretch but in my opinion a change will need to happen at 4 hours. Depending on how much fluid you are taking on. I would suppose if you have some control you could also use the woods if the area you are in is private enough. If you are completely incontinent with frequent void you may need to change in as little as two hours. I think with the heat though frequent changes are better for overall skin health.

archerstaley said:
wife and I with two IC teens as well. We all do hiking, kayaking, and much more outdoors stuff. We use betterdrys and northshore supremes.
You have said how you and your wife became IC but you mention you have two IC teens as well - what happened there?

Back