I want to say that I am really impressed by all those replies. However I want to dumb things down a bit.

1.It's not even important why you actually like this. It's like waiting for a delayed flight. You will have to wait no matter the reasons. Yes sometimes it's nice to know but fact being you can't change what you are makes this whole why thing a pretty meaningless and potentially dangerous task. Too often folks dwell on their past digging out certain reasons why they are who they are instead of just accepting themselves.

2. To narrow down an explanation it would help to focus on the diaper first. As a small child you needed them. Unconsciously at first but when potty training began you knew that there was something going on down there. Diapers mean above all security. Accidents may happen while wearing one. Being secure and save and left with the least possible amount of responsibility is the core essence of many AB and littles out there. So there you go.

To an outsider I would always try to explain in simple ways because in that moment they are actually the unknowing infants without a clue, heh.

I have often wondered why too. In my case I am a dl solely, and it is a turn on. My guess as to "why" that I'm currently going with is when I was very young my Dad used to keep his dirty magazines in the bathroom and somehow I connected the release of going to the bathroom to the other type of release. However, once I have the other type of release, I will usually shower and have no interest in diapers or being dirty for a couple hours... then the desire slowly starts to build.

pampersguy said:
It's not even important why you actually like this.
Apparently it's important to the OP. It's not important to many ABDLs unless they find themselves in situations where they feel compelled to offer an explanation. It's not important to most of society because they just assume it is a rare mental illness they don't have to be concerned about unless they find out someone they know has the disease. It's not important if it can be kept hidden in the closet so as not to make a person a social outcast. It's not important in relationships as long as the partner doesn't know about it or has the same desires.

Drifter said:
Apparently it's important to the OP. It's not important to many ABDLs unless they find themselves in situations where they feel compelled to offer an explanation. It's not important to most of society because they just assume it is a rare mental illness they don't have to be concerned about unless they find out someone they know has the disease. It's not important if it can be kept hidden in the closet so as not to make a person a social outcast. It's not important in relationships as long as the partner doesn't know about it or has the same desires.

You forget a LOT of abdl's don't evn know the reason for why we are this way. We make it work without that reasoning (or we hate ouselves untill we do). That's why it isn't as important as just being able to accept we are.

Though I do agree it does help IF we can figure out the reason for why. Especially with general society. They DO want (or at least need) to know the reason why, mostly so we can dispell being this was is not an illness, and also not pedophilia. The more we dispell, the less we are social outcasts.

Per one of the other recent posts on here, one way of describing it is as an "orientation", like being LGBT etc., and society seems to (mostly) be "over" the idea that there must be some "fault" requiring explanation or analysis as to why a person might be gay or trans etc.

Another analogy is spicy food - chilli is, after all, an irritant yet some people absolutely love it - just like some people enjoy a bit of (consensual) pain or humiliation or whatever. No-one tries to associate a love of spicy food with childhood trauma or finds it particularly abnormal.

Undoubtedly some of us could point to a few instances from our childhood, positive or negative, which we might imagine led to the way we are - but plenty of "vanilla" folks will have likely had very similar experiences with no resulting lean to ABDL.

I've long given up worrying about exactly why I liken what I like - it feels good, it doesn't hurt anyone, and it's no more or less silly than a lot of other things humans get up to.

Slomo said:
You forget a LOT of abdl's don't evn know the reason for why we are this way. We make it work without that reasoning (or we hate ouselves untill we do). That's why it isn't as important as just being able to accept we are.
But the partner in question is not an ABDL, and he wanted to know what causes it. The point I was making is it may be important to some people even if it isn't important to us.

Back