Has anyone actually wore a propeller hat?

Have you?

• Yes

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 30 90.9%

• Total voters
Cottontail said:
Nope, I never wore a propeller hat. Like @PaddedCub, I don't think I've even seen one in real life. I've seen them in movies and TV shows though.

Oh man, I need to know what fights were like at a music conservatory! Was it all just nerdy, idle threats, or did stuff actually "go down?" My mind's awash with images of kids getting locked in double bass cases, bludgeoning each other with xylophone mallets, and having spontaneous play-offs/sing-offs, kind of like Terrance and Phillip in the South Park movie, but maybe without all the f-bombs and farting.

In fairness, I was a bit of a nerd, and not the fighting type at all. I was in band though, so I know how band-fights start: "That sounded flat." "Oh yeah?! Well... Your mom's flat!" And then everybody's jumping up, music stands are flying across the room, ... Actually, I don't remember that ever happening.
Fighting at Westminster Choir College resulted in being kicked out....permanently expelled. But there were verbal fights, especially among some of the gay males who were sharing the same dorm room. This was back in the day where most all of the students were in a dorm. Anyway, there would be screaming and screeching and yelling, "You bitch!" It would usually make me laugh. It was a big adjustment for young me shifting from the street life where I was once was not just a gang member, but the leader, to trying to be nice and peaceful. Fortunately, I spent a lot of my time in the practice room trying to get better at my craft. I also drove home for the weekends which was a nice break.

• Love
Reactions: feetintrouble, foxkits and Cottontail
Back