Goodnites Innovation 2023?

MiddleJacob said:
It seems like you are becoming a bit upset about something. Please remember that I, for one, have enjoyed your ownership and if that's too much your participation in this thread, GoodnitesLover8!

This was all as a lurker, I guess until I joined or started posting to this thread.

I enjoy basically nothing but Goodnites. The thought of velcro Goodintes (while good for the kids or whatever) causes me significant fear of not being able to fit.

One of my purposes on this thread is to figure out if I need to purchase a large amount of the current XL Goodnites (boys or girls) before they, like, fuck them up with velcro.

So GoodnitesLover8, please keep me on track here or in private conversations. The potential elimation of the current XL Goodnites simply would require me to buy a bunch of them and some kind of Eden-esque storage unit! 🧐
Nah not upset :) I just don't like exclusives :)

Reactions: AshtonFreecss and 12srepaid
LePew said:
what kinda bs is “up to 100% leak free”. Like what does that even mean?

A paper towel lined grocery bag is also “up to 100% leak free” on a blue moon.
Lol it means nothing. They borrowed that phrase from Pampers

Reactions: TigerDL, 12srepaid and hanzertas
MiddleJacob said:
Remmy, I think that is kind of the draw to the OG UnderJams. They had their issues with the disintegrating waistband. But they were oh so wonderfull for like the first hour! 🥳
And they had better prints than Goodnites of the same era.

MiddleJacob said:
It seems like you are becoming a bit upset about something. Please remember that I, for one, have enjoyed your ownership and if that's too much your participation in this thread, GoodnitesLover8!

This was all as a lurker, I guess until I joined or started posting to this thread.

I enjoy basically nothing but Goodnites. The thought of velcro Goodintes (while good for the kids or whatever) causes me significant fear of not being able to fit.

One of my purposes on this thread is to figure out if I need to purchase a large amount of the current XL Goodnites (boys or girls) before they, like, fuck them up with velcro.

So GoodnitesLover8, please keep me on track here or in private conversations. The potential elimation of the current XL Goodnites simply would require me to buy a bunch of them and some kind of Eden-esque storage unit! 🧐
I don't believe that Velcro sides would mess up the stretch. Kind of like Pull-Ups. They basically replaced the panel adhesive with Velcro. Still the same side panels.

Last edited:
Reactions: AshtonFreecss, grst, Ashton84 and 1 other person
I'm not a big fan of exclusives either. But I wouldn't mind much if a new product, feature or size was introduced, and sold only online. Hopefully temporary, but permanent would be okay, like if Goodnites were to introduce the Velcro sides. or a real diaper They can just sell them online, & get some test results
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pampers Underjams had a good name and they looked good too. They just had weak side panels, because Pampers doesn't care, If UJ's worked really well, I don't think the Pampers logo would have mattered that much. Why are Pampers taking 3rd place to store brand competitors to Goodnites in the 1st place?

Last edited:
Reactions: DanElmontan
LePew said:
what kinda bs is “up to 100% leak free”. Like what does that even mean?

A paper towel lined grocery bag is also “up to 100% leak free” on a blue moon.
Up to ×××% means that it will never be better than ×××%, but that does not define any guaranteed BOTTOM performance.
What I would like to know is, let's say, that the product is "minimum 97% leak-free guaranteed", that is that if I get leaks with more than 3% of the diapers I use, then I can get them refunded.

Hi! First real, not intro, post. Wanted to share my experience with the updated GoodNites.

Headline: I love them.

As others have mentioned the update isn’t extreme change but I feel like, for me, the updates are exactly what I’d ask for which perhaps makes it more meaningful for me than others.

My first observation is around fit, I love that the back is slightly taller (although I wish just a little more) and the middle is wider. I noticed this as soon as I put it on. I also noticed that after a few hours it feels a lot less loose. For me this makes a big difference. I also think the most noticeable difference is in the padding. I didn’t see this mentioned earlier but once I put one on I notice the front padding is noticeably thicker. I also notice when I wet the front padding seems to absorb way more than before as opposed to it just pooling in the back. Additionally the leak guard change does make a difference for me. I used to always, especially in the day, get leaks around my legs. Especially when wearing a onesie I feel like the area around the snaps would always get wet. I’ve been wearing these nonstop for basically 4 days and not once has this happened.

Overall, as others mentioned this is evolutionary not revolutionary change but at least in my opinion is a step in the right direction and totally worth the trouble.

As a side note, you can order via Sam’s.com without membership but there is a $4ish fee. Also they arrive in a standard Sam’s box so it’s totally discreet.

Hope someone finds this helpful.

Reactions: AshtonFreecss, Goodnites11, Dashsanta and 7 others
evergreen6097 said:
Hi! First real, not intro, post. Wanted to share my experience with the updated GoodNites.

Headline: I love them.

As others have mentioned the update isn’t extreme change but I feel like, for me, the updates are exactly what I’d ask for which perhaps makes it more meaningful for me than others.

My first observation is around fit, I love that the back is slightly taller (although I wish just a little more) and the middle is wider. I noticed this as soon as I put it on. I also noticed that after a few hours it feels a lot less loose. For me this makes a big difference. I also think the most noticeable difference is in the padding. I didn’t see this mentioned earlier but once I put one on I notice the front padding is noticeably thicker. I also notice when I wet the front padding seems to absorb way more than before as opposed to it just pooling in the back. Additionally the leak guard change does make a difference for me. I used to always, especially in the day, get leaks around my legs. Especially when wearing a onesie I feel like the area around the snaps would always get wet. I’ve been wearing these nonstop for basically 4 days and not once has this happened.

Overall, as others mentioned this is evolutionary not revolutionary change but at least in my opinion is a step in the right direction and totally worth the trouble.

As a side note, you can order via Sam’s.com without membership but there is a $4ish fee. Also they arrive in a standard Sam’s box so it’s totally discreet.

Hope someone finds this helpful.
If you don't mind my asking, which version of GoodNites are you using? Boys or girls? From your other posts, I'm assuming boys, but this would be helpful to know for sure. Thank you!

DelC said:
If you don't mind my asking, which version of GoodNites are you using? Boys or girls? From your other posts, I'm assuming boys, but this would be helpful to know for sure. Thank you!
Hi, yes boys. It would actually be interesting to know how big the difference is between the two and where.

GoodnitesLover8 said:
Lol it means nothing. They borrowed that phrase from Pampers
Yeah, I'm pretty sure PG used it first (though I'm starting to question myself), but now it's all over KC's products. Either way, I find it amusing, albeit disappointing, to see marketing jumping all over such a hilariously pointless phrase.

Reactions: 12srepaid
evergreen6097 said:
Hi, yes boys. It would actually be interesting to know how big the difference is between the two and where.
Thanks! Indeed... The girls ones tend to work much better for my anatomy, much to my annoyance. My incontinence issues are minimal most days (by and large, I just wear for the mental reassurance; I can generally feel it in advance if I'm going to have a problematic day), but for practical purposes, I wear the girls GoodNites (I also stocked up on girls because they seemed to be mispriced; I got 6 63-count boxes for about the price of the 28-count). I keep a small supply of boys just to wear out when I suspect I might end up in a situation where I might get spotted. Getting spotted in boys GodNites is bad enough, but I really don't want to be seen in girls GoodNites... Realistically speaking, though, the boys version probably wouldn't protect me well if I actually had an accident. They leak very easily (though the same can be said for the girls, albeit to a much lesser extent). I've just been lucky so far.

Last edited:
DelC said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure PG used it first (though I'm starting to question myself), but now it's all over KC's products. Either way, I find it amusing, albeit disappointing, to see marketing jumping all over such a hilariously pointless phrase.
I see it sad, yet humorous when people take marketing phrases and descriptions too literal or serious. Like when Goodnites mentions the 3 bottles capacity, or that Goodnites are for bed time only, just because they say so. It's like saying that diapers are only for babies and senior adults. Which is 100% not true.

DelC said:
Thanks! Indeed... The girls ones tend to work much better for my anatomy, much to my annoyance. My incontinence issues are minimal most days (by and large, I just wear for the mental reassurance; I can generally feel it in advance if I'm going to have a problematic day), but for practical purposes, I wear the girls GoodNites (I also stocked up on girls because they seemed to be mispriced; I got 6 63-count boxes for about the price of the 28-count). I keep a small supply of boys just to wear out when I suspect I might end up in a situation where I might get spotted. Getting spotted in boys GodNites is bad enough, but I really don't want to be seen in girls GoodNites... Realistically speaking, though, the boys version probably wouldn't protect me well if I actually had an accident. They leak very easily (though the same can be said for the girls, albeit to a much lesser extent). I've just been lucky so far.
I actually think you’re right about the anatomy aspect. I wonder if others feel this way too.

evergreen6097 said:
I actually think you’re right about the anatomy aspect. I wonder if others feel this way too.
Oh, no doubt. It's been a topic of conversation many times over the years here... The placement of the absorbency on the boys GoodNites is really meant for very small anatomy, and while it might work well on the L and XL in cases of overweight young children, for older children, it's probably quite problematic. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the people who move on from GoodNites due to leaking, might not, if the absorbency were in a better spot for the larger sizes, or if they tried the girls.

DelC said:
Oh, no doubt. It's been a topic of conversation many times over the years here... The placement of the absorbency on the boys GoodNites is really meant for very small anatomy, and while it might work well on the L and XL in cases of overweight young children, for older children, it's probably quite problematic. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the people who move on from GoodNites due to leaking, might not, if the absorbency were in a better spot for the larger sizes, or if they tried the girls.
Haha yikes 😅 here’s me just posted about how great I find them.

12srepaid said:
I'm not a big fan of exclusives either. But I wouldn't mind much if a new product, feature or size was introduced, and sold only online. Hopefully temporary, but permanent would be okay, like if Goodnites were to introduce the Velcro sides. or a real diaper They can just sell them online, & get some test results
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pampers Underjams had a good name and they looked good too. They just had weak side panels, because Pampers doesn't care, If UJ's worked really well, I don't think the Pampers logo would have mattered that much. Why are Pampers taking 3rd place to store brand competitors to Goodnites in the 1st place?
I do hope they are made available in other stores, though. I don’t have a Sam’s club membership and it’s easier with my living situation to get them in the store.

So I wet my bed last night, which was the first time it happened while also wearing these, and I have to say how surprisingly good they are! Functionally the front padding really absorbs so much more than before. I’m lucky I guess that I never really had significant concern for leaks before but I really feel solidly perfected now. Not to fan boy these but if you actually bed wet I super strongly recommend!!

Reactions: 12srepaid
evergreen6097 said:
So I wet my bed last night, which was the first time it happened while also wearing these, and I have to say how surprisingly good they are! Functionally the front padding really absorbs so much more than before. I’m lucky I guess that I never really had significant concern for leaks before but I really feel solidly perfected now. Not to fan boy these but if you actually bed wet I super strongly recommend!!
I also love the gap free fit. Unless you have good leg gathers, high absorbency doesn't mean much.
Even many of adult diapers claim high absorbency, but they still leak, because they have little to no leg gathers.

Reactions: TigerDL, JohnQDiaper, Fiammaverde and 1 other person
12srepaid said:
I also love the gap free fit. Unless you have good leg gathers, high absorbency doesn't mean much.
Even many of adult diapers claim high absorbency, but they still leak, because they have little to no leg gathers.
I agree, I noticed that too! It wasn’t super uncommon for my onesies to get a little wet around snaps area overnight. I didn’t consider it a leak since it was just damp but in both this overnight accident and when I used them in the day that hadn’t happened yet.

Does anyone know if the L is smaller or about the same as the L/XL? How about L compared to XL?
I want to get some of the L for the space theme, but if they are much smaller, it may not be worth it.

Last edited:
Back