Going to bed already wet

barkd74 said:
The vast majority of the time I goto bed wet. Generally I only wear to bed 1 or 2 times a week. My preferred diapers are Megamax, ABU, LUV, Rearz tape on diapers which are good for multiple wetting's. Much of the time I purposefully hold by bladder till bed time. (Typically when I have the day off the following day.) Sometimes I will have a full bladder and I choose to put on a diaper on a work night. If I went to bed dry, I might wake up needing to wet, but often I do not need to. If I do that I will have a significant wet when I wake up, and possibly a smaller wet as I drink my coffee. I am usually out the door just after 7 am. It would be a waste of a high end diaper to only wet it once or twice. At least if I wet before going to sleep I do not feel I am wasting the diaper. I am a DL not AB, and really enjoy the wetting aspect.
If you have to pee, then just pee, what type of diaper do you wear anyway?

Since you only do it for the experience and don't wet at night it shouldn't be a problem. The risk of a diaper rash is negligible. Especially if you only do it occasionally.

Getting a rash depends on your generall skin resilience(an individual factor), your hydration(low hydration results in a more aggressive urine) and your hygiene routine.

I'm back in diapers 24/7 for almost a decade. I usually wear a diaper between 4 and 10 hours before changing and they are always filled between 700 and 1100ml. I drink between 3 and 3,5 liters a day sometimes 4L. I just use a wetwipe or two when cleaning and every 2 or 3 days some creme. There was only one occasion in all this years where I got a rash and that was an episode of a week long diarrhea that had me waking up in messy diapers on a daily basis.

Long story short. Stay hydrated and you're fine(2,5 Liters are usually enough on average for an adult).

Cheers

dpcare said:
BE CAREFUL the longer you are exposed to a wet diaper the higher your risk of diaper rash
This!
Best way to go to bed is in dry diaper

Reactions: PaddedRita
I like that feeling, I like It pretty wet but not to the point It can be a problem

I normally self cath, wash my diaper area, and don a fresh diaper right before I crawl into bed. Because of the volume of urine I produce while sleeping (2000-2500 ml), a fresh diaper when I crawl in bed best minimizes the chance of leaks. Because of the rate I produce urine, it's also typical to sense some dribbling within a minute or two after crawling in bed. Some nights I wet while asleep. Some nights I do not wet while asleep, but the moment I start to move in the morning the floodgates open. Either way, I'm an extremely heavy wetter.

When I'm having a bad day, if I need a diaper change between 8-9 PM, I'll go ahead and change into bedtime diapers that will handle more than 3500 ml, meaning double cloth diapered with plastic pants. I can then lay on the sofa on a bed pad and watch TV without being concerned if I pass out for the entire night. But that also means I am fairly wet already by my normal bedtime. I don't care, I'm ready for bed.

I don't have an issue with being in a wet diaper, when awake, falling asleep, or asleep. When you're incontinent the amount of time you spend in a dry diaper is minimal. All I care about is how soon I need to change. Plus I know that I need to air out everyday and even more so if I start feeling the slightest irritation anywhere covered by my diaper.

I love going to bed wet :)

• Wow
LifeInPlastic said:
Getting a rash depends on your generall skin resilience(an individual factor), your hydration(low hydration results in a more aggressive urine) and your hygiene routine.
And the quality of the diaper you're in... Some diapers are damp or even wet against your skin and remain that way after you wet, some lock away the wetness so well your skin is essentially bone dry inside the diaper with no moisture soon after wetting, and of course most diapers are in-between somewhere!

On that same note, some diapers prevent ammonia (significant source of skin agitation and rash) from forming after wetting better than others.

Using powder and other creams or oils can also minimize direct skin exposure to wet diapers as well.

Being exposed to urine touching your skin isn't really the issue (or you'd have bladder rashes, lol), it's what happens to the urine after it's exposed to air and germs outside your body that makes it more chemically reactive and cause skin breakdown. A good diaper prevents it from sitting directly against your skin (like sitting in a puddle) in meaningful quantities, and even better diapers prevent / slow down the process of it reacting into more abrasive chemicals like ammonia.

I usually put a fresh diaper on around supper, then wet it at least once before bed, sometimes it’s dry but most times I like to feel it wet.
I use barrier cream and have yet to get a diaper rash

DLmikey said:
I can’t remember ever going to bed wet, but once I’m actually in bed I usually wet myself before going to sleep. I too am not a ‘bed wetter’ but if I wake up needing a wee during the night I always just do it in my nappy so I’m usually quite wet in the morning. Night time is my favourite time for wearing, but sometimes this can be infrequent - for example I haven’t been in nappies at all for over three weeks.
Just as a quick update, in contrast to the previous, few months I have spent the last eight nights in a row in nappies.

A wet swollen diaper is the best. I usually get changed after dinner. I'm usually wet by bedtime. If I'm really wet or we are going to have sex. I will probably be changed.

Chances of getting diaper rash are greater at night !
For me anyway ..

D
Tetra said:
I am not put into my overnight diaper until 1 AM so it’s dry then, . by the time my aide changes me in morning it will be wet and full. My overnight diaper is a double lined double soaker prefold so it’s full coverage.
Do you get leaks at night with a cloth diaper? I’ve never found a good setup cloth diaper I could trust through the night, but I am a side sleeper

Reactions: wetnappyjon
I wear cloth nappies at night more often than not - over here in the UK terry nappies are traditional (& I prefer) but I do use all kinds. They leak much less than disposables. I'm side sleeper too so it's really important to have something absorbent round the sides. The great thing is that you can tailor how you pin/fix them so the padding is thickest where you need it. Plastic pants are of course needed and have to be a really good fit. Of course you'll leak if you overfill your diapers but cloth generally works for me very well, unlike disposables at night.

After supper and cleaning up, I generally will get a shower or bath, then into my overnight diapers (two thick diapers). At that point, it’s 8 or later and bedtime is between 10 and 11 so by then, the diapers are at least a little damp feeling. 95% of the time I go to bed and usually sleep through until 6:30ish, then get cleaned up, changed, and dressed, then on with the day. Sometimes however, my diapers are too damp and semi-uncomfortable so I’ll change before getting into bed. This of course adds additional laundry for the next evening, which is already a full dedicated load.
I’ll often use a medicated moisturizer cream before changes down there so I seldom get any irritation BUT it’s not worth the chance if the diaper is too damp before bedtime. I try to avoid any rashes or otherwise unhealthy skin always.

I mostly go to bed with a dry diaper to make sure it'll hold my night wetting. But every now amd then I'll wet before bed.

Reactions: DiaperedJeff, Ellyn and xTinyLittleOne
While I always go to bed dry, I do sometimes wet my diapers when I have a hard time falling asleep. Seems to help since I fall asleep quickly after I wet a little. Probably a little tension release.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193 and nectar0001
Always dry when I go to bed but always wet in the morning.

Reactions: jonny77
BabyboyAsh said:
I actually like going to bed with a nappy that is already wet, not full, not even close but definitely used.
I am double diapered in diapers that already are wet. I am enticed and aroused by the feel of diapers on my bottom and genitals. I'm planning to go to bed in these diapers.

D
Diaper44 said:
Always dry when I go to bed but always wet in the morning.
Do you intentionally wet or accidentally wet?

DLmikey said:
I can’t remember ever going to bed wet, but once I’m actually in bed I usually wet myself before going to sleep. I too am not a ‘bed wetter’ but if I wake up needing a wee during the night I always just do it in my nappy so I’m usually quite wet in the morning. Night time is my favourite time for wearing, but sometimes this can be infrequent - for example I haven’t been in nappies at all for over three weeks.
Yes. Same

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 39193
Back