For those with Urgency Incontinence

fredy552 said:
From 6:30 am to about 9:00ish 5 times and 2 poops. Then I started wetting my as I tried to not use diapers. So back in diapers.
So I can sit in my chair and get the urge to and go to get up to go potty and I am wetting my diaper as I get up. Then other times I can get up to go to the potty and start peeing before I get to the bathroom. I may even make it to the toilet and wet my diaper in the bathroom. I have tried going without diapers and plastic pants off and on for the last 21/2 - 3 years going from using the toilet to pull-Ups to Diapers only on trips to full time I can sometimes go most of a day without wetting my diapers and then it is Niagra falls. I wear my Diapers and Plastic Pants all day and at Night my Diapers with an Over Night Booster (Pee Pad) and Plastic Pants and wake up every morning wet. The Doctors do not know why I have a wetting problem all they do know is it started in the hospital after I came out of ICU after a few weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, diaperdude and joemama
I’m surprised at how often so many people have to pee during the day. I thought I would be an outlier on the frequent end, but this is not so. I’m in diapers full time for OAB. I wet my diaper a minimum of 12 times a day, and an average of 15 times a day. Several times a day I get sudden and strong urges to pee. Too quickly they become very uncomfortable, so, probably, like most of you, I am accepting my need for being in diapers and very thankful for them.

Reactions: Napincolove and Diprs2
fredy552 said:
an tell I am not making it So I can sit in my chair and get the urge to and go to get up to go potty and I am wetting my diaper as I get up. Then other times I can get up to go to the potty and start peeing before I get to the bathroom. I may even make it to the toilet and wet my diaper in the bathroom. I have tried going without diapers and plastic pants off and on for the last 21/2 - 3 years going from using the toilet to pull-Ups to Diapers only on trips to full time I can sometimes go most of a day without wetting my diapers and then it is Niagra falls. I wear my Diapers and Plastic Pants all day and at Night my Diapers with an Over Night Booster (Pee Pad) and Plastic Pants and wake up every morning wet. The Doctors do not know why I have a wetting problem all they do know is it started in the hospital after I came out of ICU after a few weeks.
Changing from setting or lying to standing an leaking is something most incontinent folks here can relate too. Some positions put less stress on the bladder and even or even the urethra tube too.. Really it affects thee entire pelvic floor I can not express the Number of times I felt a tiny urge to poop so I stand up to go take care of it and then it is a race to the toilet to get my pants down and then my diaper and half the time I leave a trail from the diaper to toilet often on the seat and or my pant. Some times I am not going too make it and I just let it go. I wont set and grunt trying to get every little bit out as I fin the running shits gross as hell!!

So I think when pelvic muscles get messed up "shit" Just happens..😂 Piss too....🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2 and fredy552
Kellycares said:
I’m surprised at how often so many people have to pee during the day. I thought I would be an outlier on the frequent end, but this is not so. I’m in diapers full time for OAB. I wet my diaper a minimum of 12 times a day, and an average of 15 times a day. Several times a day I get sudden and strong urges to pee. Too quickly they become very uncomfortable, so, probably, like most of you, I am accepting my need for being in diapers and very thankful for them.
With OAB are you still able to make it to the toilet after an urge hits?

As my problems have progressed I have been able to get into a semi regular routine. I wear diapers during the day while I work from home - I have to drink ~150 oz of fluid a day to maintain hydration, so that means I also have to pee most of that out ~120 oz a day average output.

Now, I can 90% of the time make it to the toilet after an urge hits, but I do leak after going 50%+ of the time and the urges can be as frequent as every 30 minutes and pretty painful. It is a really big inconvenience to always be getting up to go to the bathroom and retain a productive and professional career. I do try to use the toilet and not wear any protection outside of work hours to help retain as much control as I do have.

When I'm traveling or going to be away from the house shopping I will usually wear a smaller and more descrete diaper to use when an urge hits and I'm not close to a toilet. I do still try to use the toilet as much as possible when out and about, but I'm not going to be running around looking for one every 30 minutes either.

Reactions: fredy552 and Diprs2
I recently stopped taking jardiance , and I noticed within the first few days a dramatic reduction in how much I urinate. I still have the pills in case my doctor wants to put me back onto them but we’re going to see how taking a break from it affect my blood sugar. Anyways, typically my day would go like this anywhere from 6 to 10 o’clock in the morning before I leave for work I would piss, 4 to 5 times then I would go to work at 10 AM. Be home by like 330 or 4 o’clock and in a good quality diaper will have probably wet myself another three or four times , some days it would be better and it would be once or twice but those were few and far between. Then after I got home until bed at like nine or 10 o’clock, I would have to piss another three or four times. in the past few days it has cut me down to somewhere between 9 to 12 during the day and 1 to 2 times overnight so I would say that it’s more manageable but given the fact that I still have leaks and dribbling and less awareness of needing to go until it’s too late, diapers are still, going to be a regular thing for me. I don’t think this is ever going to change and that’s fine.

Reactions: Diaperman95 and Diprs2
I go seven times a day on average and tend to at least once I will wet with no real warning but I average about three accidents but that can vary wildly. I had no accidents eight days ago but did not make it to the restroom once only three days ago and wet right times.

Reactions: Diprs2
Back