For those with Urgency Incontinence

gtripp

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
  2. Incontinent
Hey All,
I haven't been diagnosed as of yet with UI I am going to see my PCP and probably a Urologist after the surgery on the 21st of april So far today ive gone 14 times to the restroom to which I am keeping count every time I use the restroom. So I have a question for yall About how often per day do yall go? Thanks for your responses

Reactions: Bertie63, Diprs2, Canadianfalls and 1 other person
More than 8 times in a day seems to be the usual standard used to define OAB and frequent urination. I have read that six times in a 24 hour period is average.

As for me, it's usually anywhere from 8 to 15 times a day.

Keep a record for a few days of how often you pee, how much, and what you eat and drink. That will help your doctors as they start trying to figure out what's going on.

Reactions: sledder23, gtripp, Diprs2 and 1 other person
My bladder voids probably 20 times a day but what your describing sounds like me 5 years ago see a Dr ASAP trust me

Last edited:
Reactions: sledder23, Diprs2 and Angelapinks
I typically go 18 to 22 times a day depending on how much I drink.

Reactions: sledder23, Diprs2, Angelapinks and 1 other person
At the moment i am at 17,1 times in average a day, including 1,6 times at night.

I do use the APP iUFlow to keep the records, works just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: sledder23 and Diprs2
In average 15-20 times a day, including 3-4 times in the night (as much as I can remember in the morning)

Last night b4 bed I've counted 17 times tired of wearing briefs but it's better then rushing to bathroom!

Reactions: incontinente and Diprs2
cantwait said:
I typically go 18 to 22 times a day depending on how much I drink.
Same. And then throw in 2 to 6 BMs per day.

Reactions: chuck, sledder23 and Diprs2
Eclectic said:
Same. And then throw in 2 to 6 BMs per day.
With me technically 2-3 bms a day today so far 2

Reactions: Diprs2
about 20 times approx, with a bowel flare up unpredictably, mostly dribbles.

Life long IC here
over 8 per day on average
and couple voids during the night
I typically change after 2 wettings
I can't make it to the bathroom in time I get little to no warning. Only pee that makes it in the toilet is if I am sitting there having a BM

Reactions: sledder23, Diprs2, Angelapinks and 1 other person
Myself 15-20 times a day. And agreed on the point thank heavens I have a diaper on; otherwise my coworkers would crack jokes I live part time in the bathroom. ;)

Cheers

Jason

Reactions: sledder23, Diprs2 and Angelapinks
Here's an update after talking to my pca she gave me 2 meds ciprofloxacin and tamsulosin to which we will go to a uro after my hernia surgery but I do notice if I miss taking either pill the urges do come back. So I'll repost when I'm done with uro thanks again for your responses

ltaluv said:
More than 8 times in a day seems to be the usual standard used to define OAB and frequent urination. I have read that six times in a 24-hour period is average.
I arrived at an urgent care center in pee-soaked pants. I was diagnosed with OAB (overactive bladder). I left with a prescription for Ditropan XL (oxybutynin tablets). Ditropan reduces urinary frequency. Peeing six times in a 24-hour period is about right for me.

Right now my urgency has gone from 15 to 7

• Sad
Reactions: Mike123, sledder23 and Diprs2
Hey all I'm back I do have urologist appointment next Monday hoping 4 the best!

Reactions: sledder23 and Jorelaxed
I have a hard time hanging on for any more than two hours on a really good day. On a terrible day I’m diapered and weeing every 20 minutes or so. So, depending on how badly my bladder is playing up I’ll go 8-45 times per day, probably averaging about 15 times per day. I don’t have a way of keeping track of wetting during the night, because I’m asleep for all of them.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, diaperdude, sledder23 and 1 other person
In the daytime it will depend on what my fluid intake, weather conditions, and physical exertion look like. I’ll be somewhere between 10-15 times a day in the winter, and 5-20 times a day in the summer.

Nighttime is unknown because I sleep through the night and wake up with a wet diaper. I’d estimate 2-4 times a night average.

Reactions: Diprs2, UrgentWees and diaperdude
UrgentWees said:
I have a hard time hanging on for any more than two hours on a really good day. On a terrible day I’m diapered and weeing every 20 minutes or so. So, depending on how badly my bladder is playing up I’ll go 8-45 times per day, probably averaging about 15 times per day. I don’t have a way of keeping track of wetting during the night, because I’m asleep for all of them.
Last night I almost filled my Mega Max. I had drank quite a bit of water on Sunday. I do remember starting to go but drifted back to sleep so I’m not sure how much each time. I can only remember a couple times but there’s no way I could have filled the diaper that much in just a couple wettings. I just try and stay protected by Mega Max’s and plastic pants.

Reactions: Diprs2, UrgentWees, BabyHailey1977 and 1 other person
I'm rarely dry for more than 20 minutes these days.

Back when I had control it would be 30+ in the day and 3-4 overnight.

My life is so much better since I went 247 about four years ago. I wish I would have made that decision many years sooner.

Reactions: Kellycares, NappiedTruckDriver, Diprs2 and 4 others
Back