For those with OAB, what meds have and have not worked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShortFirefly said:
24/7... mostly diapers these days, pull-ups occasionally.
Which type of diapers and pull-ups do you wear, sadly I don’t wear protection because my stepfather doesn’t believe CP causes bladder issues, I have an idea though, when I get my prosthetic hip replaced again, the surgeon isn’t allowed to use a catheter and when I pee myself again, he’ll know why

Danielgartin691993 said:
Which type of diapers and pull-ups do you wear, sadly I don’t wear protection because my stepfather doesn’t believe CP causes bladder issues, I have an idea though, when I get my prosthetic hip replaced again, the surgeon isn’t allowed to use a catheter and when I pee myself again, he’ll know why
Pull-ups, in my opinion, the very best you will get are the Abena Abri-flex.

Diapers... I wear BetterDry for the most part during the day. For my needs they are the best combination of fit, absorbency, and cost.

Overnight, lately I have been wearing TotalDry X-Plus. They are a very underrated diaper, you can usually get them on a decent sale every few weeks.

If cost wasn't a factor I would wear the MegaMax all the time.

ShortFirefly said:
Pull-ups, in my opinion, the very best you will get are the Abena Abri-flex.

Diapers... I wear BetterDry for the most part during the day. For my needs they are the best combination of fit, absorbency, and cost.

Overnight, lately I have been wearing TotalDry X-Plus. They are a very underrated diaper, you can usually get them on a decent sale every few weeks.

If cost wasn't a factor I would wear the MegaMax all the time.
I peed myself at night twice this week

Diprs2 said:
After going to the Urologist and doing all the tests, doctor diagnosed OAB URGE INCONTINENCE and prescribed Mybetriq. I took it about a week and saw my blood pressure go sky high and I stopped taking it. A week after taking it, I developed a really bad bladder infection as well, which was also listed as side effects. He then prescribed Oxybutinin. I took it for roughly a week and started noticing my pulse halting rather frequently. I stopped taking that as well. Now, my urgencies during the day have surprisingly improved but with the continued getting up 3-4 times a nite, I started wearing diapers to bed. Have been getting some incredible sleep! No more drugs for me!
I feel urologists are too prone to diagnose a continuous stream as urge incontinence, when there's an equal likelihood it could be overflow, stress or a hybrid to two kinds of iC. Overflow or stress incontinence or a hybrid of both is likely what I'm experiencing, but we were too quick to call it urge incontinence so I was given that label as well. I've found a regimen of B1, B12 and Vitamin C has helped ease a bit of the retention the Mybetriq caused so I can release as normal. At least 500 mg of B1, and 1000+ of B12 and C in supplement form. Came up with it myself after seeing a video on a link between bladder issues and Vitamin B deficiency.

Last edited:
Rob110 said:
Im still skipping the Meds after 9+ years of wearing 24/7 Im fine with managing my Bladder issue with diapers
We get used to it, but the goal we should keep in mind is getting to a point where diapers are optional. Even if regular underwear got somewhat damp, but showed no visible leakage on the jeans, I would see that as a step in the right direction. Less expensive too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back