Finding yourself back in diapers

When I was 4 I was not only an occasional bed-wetter as a child, but was also prone to occasional day-time accidents, too. Mommy's response was always to put me back in diapers and rubber pants for a few days, until I managed to stay dry again. This was in the '50s, when there were only cloth diapers. For some reason, mommy liked the Playtex rubber pants for me. I remember they came in a silver tube, and were either pink or cream colored, and were fairly stretchy. I didn't get to choose which color she bought, so had some of both in my drawer.

One time when I was 4, we were traveling across country, my mother & father, myself and my baby brother, perhaps somewhere in the middle of Illinois. I had been having to pee for some time, and had told mommy and daddy, who was intent on pressing on. Finally, the inevitable happened -- Niagara, all over mommy's luggage and special pillow. Needless to say, she was steamed, both at me and my dad. This was before the days of interstates; we were driving on a two-lane country road, flanked by corn fields and pastures. Why he didn't stop and allow me to pee beside the car, I'll never know. Anyhow, we pulled into the next town, and found the Rexall drug store, on one side of the town square. Mommy went in and came back out with a pair of Playtex rubber pants in my size. My little heart sank when I saw them.

I was changed right there, on the back seat of the car, parked on the town square. Off came my wet shorts and underpants. Mommy folded some of my baby brother's cloth diapers to fit me, powdered me and pinned me up. Then came the rubber pants, which she pulled up and tucked in at the legs and waist. Since the rest of my clothes were packed, she deemed that I was sufficiently dressed under the circumstances. My parents then repaired to the nearby cafe for some lunch. I was there at the table, hunched down, trying my best to be invisible while eating my grilled cheese sandwich, when in walked a couple of farmers with about 6 boys in jeans and overalls.

I was mortified. The four youngest boys sat at the table nearest to me. I felt completely conspicuous in just my diapers, rubber pants and jersey, sitting there. Needless to say, they kept looking at me throughout my meal. I wanted to melt through the floor, but just didn't know how. To make the matter worse, as we were leaving, mommy took me by the hand right over to their table, and started talking to them. I could only stand there, in her firm grip, and pretend to be a statue. She did make mention that I was a little boy who wet himself. I wanted to die.

I made the rest of the trip dressed like that -- maybe another 4 or 5 hours. And for years thereafter, it became a regular thing, for mommy to put me in diapers when we went somewhere in the car -- "just in case." It was always so humiliating for me.

Reactions: Diprs2
Similar to me, I was keep in diapers/nappies until the age of 9.5 due to bed wetting and daytime accidents although I didn't mind because from the age of 6 diapers where easily available because my brother was an infant from 1986~1989 as he was born in 1986.

If they where pampers baby dry ultra then yes I wore those too very thick and comfy but also impossible to hide the fact you where in a diaper/nappy because of the crinkle every time you moved.

Second time I landed myself back in diapers was as a adult in 2010, after I turned 30 and began to wear them due to problems with incontinence, see my earlier replies if you haven't already done so.

I hope this helps awnser your questions.

Reactions: Diprs2, JoeMusic1976 and DarkWolf
To be honourest the first times I found myself being back in nappies/diapers post infant hood, was when I was five through none and a half years old/young when I attended sleepovers at my friends house or at night as I used to still wet the bed even though I was officially potty trained from the age of 3-4 years of age.

I did get asked by a care provider did I want to be back in nappies after volunteering to help my friends childminder I was 8 at that time I said yes however it didn't happen as she felt awkward about the whole prospect of diapering a child that was older than 3 as she didn't want to loose her job if we had been caught.

Which is fair enough however I do often think of what might have been if she had have accepted the offer, you see back then aI was going through a particularly bad time in my life because of being a victim of bullying not from her or any of my pearents or relatives but at primary school.

This had in tern made me regress somewhat or withdraw into my earlier childhood and she recognised that fact, however I was always somewhat envious of younger children being babied as I felt left out so to speak and the fact that I was still mentally young for my age at that juncture in my life.

When I was safety back in diapers/nappies at sleepovers or at home I felt like nothing could hurt me and I felt loved like a toddler again and relaxed more, a feeling that I have held onto for all of the years since then as per my previous posts/replies.

If I had a magic wand I would want to go back to when I was a baby/toddler and experience every thing from a reset point of view without the bullying obviously as it ruined my later part of my childhood and later years.

Anyway this is my honourest thoughts on this subject at this time.

Reactions: JoeMusic1976, Diprs2 and TigerDL
I was made to wear nappies at night again from being 15 until I finally stopped wetting the bed at almost 22

Reactions: JoeMusic1976 and Diprs2
Officially speaking I was potty trained between the ages of 3-4, in 1983~1984,

However I found myself being in them longer than most other children of comparable age this was mostly because I had bed wetting and daytime accidents, I wasn't fully out of wearing diapers/nappies until I was 6-8 years old,

Although I did prefer to continue wearing diapers until I was nearly 9 and a half.

Although this was because my younger brother was born in 1986 and I was more comfortable wearing them at night although this wasn't all the time,

in my bedroom under the bunk bed there was a value box of Pampers baby dry nappies I remember that because I also stored my toys under the bunk bed.

Speaking of myself back then I regressed alot because of bullying issues at school when I was the victim of of that for many years and I had unbeknownst to me a form of what I now know was most likely ptsd.

As I had night terrors and other psychological problems with didn't go away until I was over 10 although I was out of wearing diapers/, nappies by that time.

Anyway long story short I was out of wearing them for many years/decades until 2010 when I started having problems with my bladder and was diagnosed with an OAB which meant I had intimittant problems with incontinence.

So I choose to return to wearing diapers/nappies as per my earlier replies/posts on this subject.

I hope this helps awnser some of your questions regarding myself.

Reactions: JoeMusic1976 and Diprs2
Yeah kind of had similar experiences. I apparently wasn’t totally day-time potty-trained until I was about 4/5. I frequently continued to have day time accidents around that age though.

I remember being five or six and waddling around family parties in diapers and feeling very self-conscious about it.

I vividly remember “the talk” when my mom broke the news that I’d be back in diapers overnight for my bedwetting. Also probably right after that, we had a super-long road-trip to go on vacation and I ended up being pretty much in diapers for the whole trip. It felt very public to me and there wasn’t really anymore “delicacy” around my issue more than an actual baby would receive. It was genuinely confusing and regressing to me because I’d always been the kid who wets himself and now here I was, back in diapers

Reactions: wetaccident and Diprs2
Back