1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I know this is a subject of most diaper stories on the internet,
but this happened to me once or twice when I was some 5-6 years old:

I'd get so involved in play
that I'd forget to go to the bathroom or tried holding it as long as possible
and inadvertently peed my pants.

At some point my mom had enough and all of a sudden I would find myself
put in one of my night diapers for the rest of the day, which in the 80s were thick and fluffy Pampers
which also crinkled quite loudly.
You couldn't hide those diapers from anyone back then.

This happened more than once and it was embarrassing to say the least.
But it did happen although it didn't help me get better at using the bathroom.

I know I'm not the only one here so I'd like to hear your
"Boom, you're back in diapers" stories when during the day
you were basically already out of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blekyss, oldskool and dampsag
I was regularly threatened with being put back into nappies when 7 or 8, and already a serious nappy fan, if I didn’t pee more accurately into the loo…it didn’t have the desired effect, but it turned out to be a disappointingly empty threat… 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: Blekyss, BobbiSueEllen, plushieboi and 2 others
dampsag said:
I was regularly threatened with being put back into nappies when 7 or 8, and already a serious nappy fan, if I didn’t pee more accurately into the loo…it didn’t have the desired effect, but it turned out to be a disappointingly empty threat… 🙄
One morning, I was maybe 10 or 11 or so, my mom also had had enough of my frequent (nightly) bedwetting,
so she "threatened" with the heavy question "...or do I have to buy you Pampers again?"
To which I replied "Noooo!" and then later I realized that this would've been my chance
to legitimately get back into diapers at night and I blew it.

I only wore diapers after age 8 when sleeping away from home.
But I did love sleeping in diapers already, I just didn't want to admit
that I wanted them at the time, I guess.

Reactions: surprise35, Blekyss, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I was officially potty trained and out of diapers day/night just after my eighth birthday. When I was 11, I wanted to be back in diapers again, I didn't fully know why, but I did know that I was really jealous of my little cousin who was still in them. I started to have nighttime accidents, which after a week or so of that, my mom got some diapers from my aunt and made me wear one to bed, thinking this would convince me to stop wetting the bed. To her disappointment, it only made it easier for me to just keep wetting my bed. After a week of this, she was out of borrowed diapers and went out and bought a package of them. Seeing that my plan was working, I started to have daytime accidents, sporadic at first, but then more regularly. She finally told me "if you have one more accident not only will you be wearing a diaper at night, but during the day too," that afternoon, I had another accident, and she followed through with her threat, and instead of putting me in another pair of panties, she put me in a diaper.

I have been in diapers ever since.

Reactions: southeastlittle, Ashton84, freedom69 and 19 others
dampsag said:
I was once asked by Mom if I wanted to be back in diapers. I might've been five years old. In hindsight it was obviously a sarcastic, rhetorical question--basically her way of saying, "You're acting like a baby." I took it as a real question, which of course is what I wanted it to be. I said, "Yes!" and then ran to my little sister's room and grabbed a stack of her diapers. Needless to say, Mom didn't go for it. Brutal! :)

Anyway, to the OP: Once I stopped wetting in my sleep, which happened shortly before I turned four, I was never put in a diaper again. I wasn't at all accident-prone, and had only one bedwetting incident when I was seven or eight years old, completely out of the blue.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Jinks, BobbiSueEllen, Babybike2 and 4 others
I had a very similar experience to the poster of this thread, being out of Diapers at three or four was a bit late, but continued to have accidents, because of waiting too long or trying to hold it I don’t know, the general embarrassment of the whole situation and at age 7 was put back into Diapers again, I don’t remember the details of this, because obviously, even though, while I don’t consider this traumatic in any traditional sense, my brain probably did because it obviously got rewired at this point and so my diaper life started. there were a few other experiences where I tried to get forced back into Diapers without success. Then when I was like 19 or 20 I just started buying and wearing my own diapers here and there and that’s when it really started for me, when I could independently just do what I wanted but when you’re visually impaired and you can’t drive, it makes doing this ridiculously difficult.

Reactions: JoeMusic1976
EmmyBaby2000 said:
I was officially potty trained and out of diapers day/night just after my eighth birthday. When I was 11, I wanted to be back in diapers again, I didn't fully know why, but I did know that I was really jealous of my little cousin who was still in them. I started to have nighttime accidents, which after a week or so of that, my mom got some diapers from my aunt and made me wear one to bed, thinking this would convince me to stop wetting the bed. To her disappointment, it only made it easier for me to just keep wetting my bed. After a week of this, she was out of borrowed diapers and went out and bought a package of them. Seeing that my plan was working, I started to have daytime accidents, sporadic at first, but then more regularly. She finally told me "if you have one more accident not only will you be wearing a diaper at night, but during the day too," that afternoon, I had another accident, and she followed through with her threat, and instead of putting me in another pair of panties, she put me in a diaper.

I have been in diapers ever since.
think that is the first time I have seen that actually work, as in you got what you wanted nice.

I never wet the bed and was out of diapers at like 4, for a bit I had never thought about it until I went round a family friends place and saw some at which point my mind just kind of flipped a switch, from then on I just had this deep feeling of wanting to wear them whenever I happened to see some.
though the dumb ass I was never pushed the line and ever try to get back in to diapers... not sure it would work even if I did since the "being put back in diaper" bluff is not a thing I have seen a lot of in the UK

other then the fact my mum is a very lovely person that I dont think would ever even try to make that kind of bluff with me :(

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeMusic1976 and Absorblock
I was in diapers every single night from the day I was born till 10 due to bedwetting. I was day trained fairly late but nothing unheard of. But off and on growing up there were a few times I was put in diapers during the day. Like when sick and stuff. Pretty much when they thought I would be sleeping a lot. My brother is the say way. He’s 8 and in diapers every night and occasionally during the day.

Reactions: Lyric, LinkDL and JoeMusic1976
dampsag said:
I was also threatened with the act like a baby will get you diapers like one. but it was an empty threat that i called them on haha. Imagine their surprise when I was like ok sure do it happily!

• Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, PlastiBrain, JoeMusic1976 and 1 other person
I do remember being threatened with being put back in Nappies as a very young child and of course my reaction was shock and horror but deep down inside I was screaming oh yes please please do !
I never was put back in them as far as I can remember but I was very young and had to be out of Nappies before my sibling was born meaning more Nappies and Rubber pants would be around for me to sneak putting on !

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, JoeMusic1976 and tam1623
I am mildly incontinent and I can miss the urge to use the restroom, I was in daily diapers until seven and not fully out of diapers until thirteen. I only have incontinence in terms of wetting and have always wet the bed so I have always had Goodnites, I have the same thing you do where I get into something and do not notice the urge to use the restroom and will have what I call "True accidents" where I do not notice the urge to go at all. Movies and long car trips tend to have me wet and always have, so I guess in some way I was never fully out of diapers but I could avoid needing diapers, for the most part, it just required very annoying workarounds and after thirteen would only wet about ten times a year.

I think I always knew I was a DL though when I am sick I will always wet I remember when I was nine I got a cold and was back to daily diapers and also when my cousin was four he was still not potty trained we thought he may have the same issues as me but we started doing the whole potty training thing where we tracked our accidents and he was out of diapers after that. I also noticed during this time that the more I focused on not wetting the more I would wet, I went from using about four diapers a week to ten a week with my cousin easily beating me every week, and most days, he had way more days with no accidents than I did and I remember liking going back to being in training pants 24/7 even back then/

Reactions: JoeMusic1976
I got put back in diapers when I was 9 after not having to wear them for 2 years because I was unplugging my bedwetting alarm and going back to sleep without going to the bathroom. I had to set an alarm for midnight to get up and change and go to the bathroom and then had to tell my parents that I had got up. My dad heard my alarm go off and came in my room yelling at me telling me that I was lazy. My mom had some youth diapers in the car and made me wear them during the day until she could get the store to get me some goodnites. I had a doctor's appointment that day and he asked why I was in diapers and my mom told him that I was wetting my bed and wetting my pants during the day. I was wearing a pair of cloth shorts and everyone could hear the diaper I had on. The doctor told me to lay down and lower my shorts and looked at the diaper saying that I needed to be changed and gave my mom a pack of diapers to take home. We went to the store and my mom got a few packs of goodnites and I had to carry them around the store.

Last edited:
By age 3 I was no longer wearing plastic underpants at night but then at age 5 I went to a family camp and wet my sleeping bag 3 nights straight. The next night my dad was getting me dressed for bed and pulled out some plastic underpants and thick training underwear for me to wear. I recall saying I did not want to wear them but he obviously convinced me from the previous nights I needed to. In hindsight it was a god thing because my sleeping bag and pjs stayed dried the rest of the week at night. I remember one morning being in the communal bathroom and pulling my bottom pj down and plastic underpants and semi-wet underwear down to finish peeing in the urinal next to another guy.

I was late to potty train, so diapers and Pull-ups were totally normal for me when I was 4, and I didn’t really know much difference as my younger sister was also still in diapers. The one time I remember getting put back in a diaper was at a pool party one summer. My mom had me take my Pull-up off when I was changing into my swimsuit, and I wasn’t wearing any protection underneath like I did before. I remember peeing in my seat, not being fully aware I had to go. My mom obviously got upset with me and took me into our friend’s house and changed me into a swim diaper, which poked out of the bottom of my swim suit. There were babies/toddlers there wearing them, but I was the oldest kid there wearing one. I guess it was a deal of where my mom threatened me and delivered on her promise

Reactions: MikeyD1981
I guess I should update my post to this thread, between ages 19 and now, I am 44, there was a lot of off anon diaper wearing but for pretty much the past 10 years or so I’ve been in diapers almost 24/7. Although in the past five or six years, a bunch of things have happened to me, like losing a great amount of vision, worse than I already was so this made mobility and recognizing where I am a lot harder, also, in the past so many years, it has become harder to hold the urge to pee pee , and also having slight icy issues with regards to dribbling, and, not realizing I needed to go until the last second, just makes for a dangerous combination of things. Also been on pills for diabetes type two and one of the pills is a diuretic, so that makes things even worse. so I’m basically just back in Diapers 24/7 now I consider myself to pretty much be functionally I see and I think frequent urination of anywhere from 12 to 18 times a day is quite a bit, just way easier to use Diapers.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
My story is pretty much the same as the OP's. Except I think I was around the 8-10 year old range.
I'd get really into doing something and avoid taking a trip to the bathroom, even though I had to go.
This would generally result in me going #1 (and often #2) in my pants. This happened in the house, not just outside somewhere. We had one bathroom and it was upstairs. The stuff I was doing was downstairs.
Anyway, Mom was livid every time it happened.
I remember once, thinking I was going to make it, and then the bathroom door was locked cause Mom was in there. So I stood outside the door and pooped in my pants. When she opened it, she was not happy at all. I had to stand there while she took my clothes away and wiped me up, then she brought out the changing pad and diapers.
I wore them every night, but having to be put in them under those circumstances made me feel like a total baby, especially enduring the ongoing lecture...

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Jamas
I recall two occasions. First, I must have been 4 years old. I don't recall the accident or what happened to cause the return of the diapers, but I remember my dad coming home to me eating dinner in nothing but a diaper and him asking why I was in a diaper. I don't recall my mom's response, but pretty easy to figure out why.

Second time I remember much easier. I was probably 8 years old. I was definitely an accident prone kid, peeing pants pretty regularly during the day, but only occasional bedwetting and pants pooping. I don't really recall ever getting in a ton of trouble for it, which makes what happened kind of curious. I know I had woke up that morning with a wet bed and then proceeded to pee my pants that morning. I don't remember those accidents, but because of the vivid memory that transpired next, I know they happened. I had just finished lunch - my sister was probably 11 - and she noticed as I had been squirming and then suddenly peed my pants at the lunch table at my house (pretty sure it was summertime, so no school). She said to my mom "XX peed his pants AGAIN!" I remember not feeling embarrassed or that it was not a big deal, but my mom marched upstairs and then returned with Huggies diapers and a changing pad. I honestly don't even know why or how she had diapers in the house - I hadn't even worn one to bed in 2 or 3 years at that point. But I was still a pretty small kid, so I guess whatever I had worn to bed when I was 5 may have still fit me. My sister pointed and laughed at me while I was changed into a diaper. I don't recall how long I was back in diapers for, but it was more than a couple of days - probably a week or two. I remember having my diaper changed several times during this time period, but I think I was allowed to go to the toilet if I needed to and was able to. But still had accidents.

I remember still having a few accidents after this time in diapers, but I do think it got a lot better after that. My mom still brings it up to this day....

Reactions: wetaccident and Jamas
Cottontail said:
I was once asked by Mom if I wanted to be back in diapers. I might've been five years old. In hindsight it was obviously a sarcastic, rhetorical question--basically her way of saying, "You're acting like a baby." I took it as a real question, which of course is what I wanted it to be. I said, "Yes!" and then ran to my little sister's room and grabbed a stack of her diapers. Needless to say, Mom didn't go for it. Brutal! :)

Anyway, to the OP: Once I stopped wetting in my sleep, which happened shortly before I turned four, I was never put in a diaper again. I wasn't at all accident-prone, and had only one bedwetting incident when I was seven or eight years old, completely out of the blue.
Wow, that was brutal. Did your Mom, or family come to realize that you never outgrew your desire for diapers? I suspect my parents new but preferred not to talk about it.

• Thinking
Reactions: TigerDL and Cottontail
Babybike2 said:
Wow, that was brutal. Did your Mom, or family come to realize that you never outgrew your desire for diapers? I suspect my parents new but preferred not to talk about it.
When I was 11 or 12, Mom came to my bedroom to lecture me--I'd neglected a chore or something--and caught me wearing nothing but an old cloth baby diaper. To my astonishment, she delivered the planned lecture and left without saying anything about the diaper. Still, I was terrified and embarrassed. That was the worst of my parental run-ins when it came to diapers though. My diaper-wearing only increased after that, and it's hard for me to imagine that my parents didn't know about all of it. Like yours, I think mine just decided it wasn't their business. On the whole, while I seemed to be doing ok, they didn't question my means. I'm definitely grateful!

Reactions: mistykitty, Babybike2 and TigerDL
I was out of diapers during the day around 3 I believe and I don’t remember being a bed wetter. So I would guess all diapers ended around that time. But I do remember being around 9-10 years old and at the daycare. I was playing hard outside and didn’t take the time to go inside to poop and ended up pooping my pants. The babysitter found out and called my inside and took me in the bathroom. She made me pull down my pants and messy underwear and she cleaned me up. She then proceeded to put my in a baby diaper, which I had to have in till I was picked up by my mom. She said if I was going to mess my pants like a baby then I would be treated like one. I had to use the diaper for everything the rest of the day and was changedas needed with the other babies. I also had to take naps with the other toddlers and babies. I dint remember my mom’s reaction but I’m sure she just laughed. That was probably my start into diapers as from then I have always thought about them

Reactions: BunnyFofo and Babybike2
Back