Fetishism and Christianity

SophiaNuw

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I recently wore a diaper, or rather a pull up, for the first time since i was a baby, and it finally made me realize how this abdl part of me is an exclusively sexual thing. I tried wearing it to bed, but it didn't feel good, i didn't feel "safe" or any of the things i usually hear about little space.
It made me realize that diapers are nothing but an object of sexual desire to me.
This however made it difficult for me to accept it. I've tried to persuade myself into thinking that my desires for diapers was a "good" thing or an outlet for something, but suddenly it has lost all it's value.

I am a christian and that has let me to believe that my sexual desires aren't going to lead me to any happiness or anything meaningful if it isn't grounded in love.
And if i'm truly honest with myself, this isn't love. It's a desire, desire for a meaningless object that brings me very temporary pleasure.
So I'm genuinely just curious wether any other people have had the same experiences and how they've adapted to this, especially with the morality of christianity?

Reactions: Fattrick, ChrisChris, ChristianDiaperLover and 1 other person
This subject has been bridged on here before, often in great length. There are many on here that have religious beliefs and are happy and content with their abdl interests. Deep discussions into analyzing the scripture in the Bible have been made on either side of whether this is sinful or not.

None of that really matters though, the Bible or others opinions.

Go with your own heart, it's only sinful if you believe it is😌

Reactions: Deleted member 66129, AliB, Kirisin and 3 others
SophiaNuw said:
I recently wore a diaper, or rather a pull up, for the first time since i was a baby, and it finally made me realize how this abdl part of me is an exclusively sexual thing. I tried wearing it to bed, but it didn't feel good, i didn't feel "safe" or any of the things i usually hear about little space.
It made me realize that diapers are nothing but an object of sexual desire to me.
This however made it difficult for me to accept it. I've tried to persuade myself into thinking that my desires for diapers was a "good" thing or an outlet for something, but suddenly it has lost all it's value.

I am a christian and that has let me to believe that my sexual desires aren't going to lead me to any happiness or anything meaningful if it isn't grounded in love.
And if i'm truly honest with myself, this isn't love. It's a desire, desire for a meaningless object that brings me very temporary pleasure.
So I'm genuinely just curious wether any other people have had the same experiences and how they've adapted to this, especially with the morality of christianity?
I feel your pain SophiaNuw! I too have struggled mightily with the conflict of the desire to follow Christ vs the desire to follow my ABDL desires; The desire for sexual purity vs the desire for excitement and release; The desire for intimate fellowship with Christ vs. the feeling intimacy that my diapers represent; The desire to be present vs. the desire to retreat to the comfort and safety of my diapers.

I don't pretend to have the answers but perhaps it would help you if you shifted your focus from trying to be good (a performance based approach to Christianity) to knowing Christ (a relational approach to Christianity). Hopefully, you are in a Church or other fellowship that supports you and LOVES you. I myself am in a small group of guys in my church who also struggle in one way or another sexually. It has not cured me yet but has helped me stay the course.

Also, try not to beat yourself up when you "fall". The shame this brings just further exacerbates the whole cycle of indulge, feel guilty, swear you will never do it again, only to do it all over again.

Remember that the Apostle Paul also struggled: Romans 7:15, ESV: For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.

And finally, don't be fooled by the facade of piety many Christians put up - we all struggle with something.

Reactions: Bump3r, Kirisin, RachelOlivia and 3 others
This is a difficult but necessary topic to explore. Let's keep the conversation going. Anyone can reach out to me with a private message if needed.

Reactions: Bump3r
SophiaNuw said:

Since it is your first time, step back for a minute and breathe. Most of us have gone through a binge and purge cycle and it is easy to end up there and usually not helpful.

From a Christian point of view it is not straight forward. Diapers themselves are an "object" with a "end purpose". They themselves are not inherently sinful but a practical object with a purpose.

However, if wearing them is only for sexual purposes then it would be sinful outside of a marriage (per Christian teaching). But within a marriage if part of you and your spouses sexual activity it would likley be fine.

Only you can make these determinations in your motivation. But I would challenge with this. Is it really just sexual or so new it arouses you? Could it be comforting?

You said you did not feel safe. I would explore that emotion and see if there is any link to previous stress or trauma. If so speaking with a therapist or confidant might be worth it. If not then ask where and why you did not feel safe.

Also the Catholic catechism has a concept of "inordinate attachment" that comes from the early church. It could be that previous conditioning has created an emotional or pscological attachment worth thinking about it.

But slow down a bit and pray about it. I would be happy to tell you how I reconciled it but that may not be helpful to you if your motivations and intent are differant than mine. But wearing a diaper is not objectively sinful.

Remember the Christian God is a God of grace. Some struggle is expected. But stepping back and asking the question is a good start.

Feel free to PM me if you wish to talk it through with somebody.

Reactions: Babybike2
If diapers are truly nothing but a sexual release for you and you cannot reconcile that with your Christian beliefs I think you already know what your answer is.

Keep fighting the good fight. Good luck 🍀👍

Reactions: Deleted member 66129, Zeke and Saltedcaramel64
SophiaNuw said:

I think you have sexual feelings because it's new. More exposure you have to them the less erotic it will feel.

There isn't anything wrong with feeling sexual. It's how you learn about what you like and don't like.

Don't let purity culture dictate your sexual expression as good or bad.

Reactions: sbmccue
I to am a Christian ABDL so hello! I struggle with this myself sometimes but I do hope that in the future I will eventually leave this fetish but who knows if that will happen. Maybe if I finally find my soulmate I will change. Though the desires will probably always be there. In the end it all depends how you see it. Prayer helps.

Reactions: NKY2020, RachelOlivia, Babybike2 and 1 other person
I’m a Christian. Fought being AB for about 30 years. I’ve come to terms that it isn’t going away. Been to Christian therapy for many years. Some of which weren’t phased by it. Some say you can find ‘less dysfuntional ways’ to regress. Find an accepting partner it makes all the difference.

Reactions: NKY2020, Saltedcaramel64, Babybike2 and 1 other person
As an outsider to Christianity, I find it hard to believe that sexual purity is central to the religion. Isn't Christianity supposed to be about loving God and loving your neighbors? How would ABDL get in the way of loving God or loving your neighbors?

We have lots of desires for things that give us temporary pleasure. Most of those desires aren't sexual. Music, dancing, plays, movies, and games (including sports) all give us temporary pleasure. Are non-sexual desires for temporary pleasure bad and impure? Should we do nothing but put food on the table and study the Bible? A benevolent God wouldn't want such an impoverished life for us. If sexual desires are distinctively bad and impure, why are they bad and impure?

I can't help thinking that some of the Biblical doctrines about sex were intended for specific social contexts. The Law of Moses was law for a people that was trying to build a new home after fleeing Egypt and wandering in the desert for forty years. It was important to have more children and grow the population. Maybe it made sense to have social rules that pressured people to have children and discouraged forms of sexuality that won't result in children. Now we live in a world with eight billion people. We need to keep having children, but we don't need to increase the population.

Jesus lived in Roman times. Rome was a slave society, and prostitution was common. Some of the norms early Christian leaders adopted may have been intended to protect people from sexual exploitation. Sexual exploitation is still an issue, but it's not typically an issue with ABDL.

Reactions: AliB, PinkDiaperSissy, Babybike2 and 2 others
buridan said:
As an outsider to Christianity, I find it hard to believe that sexual purity is central to the religion. Isn't Christianity supposed to be about loving God and loving your neighbors? How would ABDL get in the way of loving God or loving your neighbors?

We have lots of desires for things that give us temporary pleasure. Most of those desires aren't sexual. Music, dancing, plays, movies, and games (including sports) all give us temporary pleasure. Are non-sexual desires for temporary pleasure bad and impure? Should we do nothing but put food on the table and study the Bible? A benevolent God wouldn't want such an impoverished life for us. If sexual desires are distinctively bad and impure, why are they bad and impure?

I can't help thinking that some of the Biblical doctrines about sex were intended for specific social contexts. The Law of Moses was law for a people that was trying to build a new home after fleeing Egypt and wandering in the desert for forty years. It was important to have more children and grow the population. Maybe it made sense to have social rules that pressured people to have children and discouraged forms of sexuality that won't result in children. Now we live in a world with eight billion people. We need to keep having children, but we don't need to increase the population.

Jesus lived in Roman times. Rome was a slave society, and prostitution was common. Some of the norms early Christian leaders adopted may have been intended to protect people from sexual exploitation. Sexual exploitation is still an issue, but it's not typically an issue with ABDL.
I think Christianity is concerned about sexual exploitation and sex without commitment. The wedding bed is undefined meaning there is a broad degree of sexual expression within a consenting and committed relationship.

Last edited:
Reactions: Babybike2
buridan said:

For someone who is an outsider to Christianity, you sure do have a good grasp of its history and major concepts.

Here is an example of how ABDL is potentially sinful for me. I'm married and my wife wants nothing to do with ABDL, so my pursuit of it can be very selfish and if I'm not careful, my ABDL practices can alienate her. I'm not saying this is case for others - only for me.

Reactions: steviet and Zeke
I like to think God didn't make a mistake making me. If he's gonna make me IC shouldn't have made me like diapers then.

Reactions: littlemoosey and todderhr
SparkyDog said:
I like to think God didn't make a mistake making me. If he's gonna make me IC shouldn't have made me like diapers then.
nothing wrong with liking diapers IC or not.

Reactions: RachelOlivia, TheBob, littlemoosey and 1 other person
todderhr said:
nothing wrong with liking diapers IC or not.
absolutely nothing wrong with liking them
was just saying how things are with me 😉

Reactions: todderhr
SparkyDog said:
absolutely nothing wrong with liking them
was just saying how things are with me 😉
yep!

Last edited:
SophiaNuw said:
If that were the case you would not have this reaction to that conclusion. Clearly nappies mean more to you than a fetish or you wouldn't be upset by the thought.
You appear to be jumping to a conclusion on the basis of an experience not being as you expected, even though you may not have been clear on what to expect.

I've been there, as have many others here, shame is not the way forwards.

SophiaNuw said:
That value will reassert itself, it is intrinsic and real. As valid as indeed is your sexuality.
The world is a mysterious place, do not lose faith at the first doubt.

I am a former Christian.

I'll just say that Christians are some of the kinkiest people I've ever met.

• Haha
Reactions: LePew, AliB and todderhr
Shilohsaurus said:
I am a former Christian.

I'll just say that Christians are some of the kinkiest people I've ever met.
We had a Christian sex therapist due to our physical problems. And I can say, WOW…

We're hardwired to have a sex drive. God created us with a strong sexdrive so that we might propagate. That said, anything can be a trigger for sexual release whether it's a diapers or a beautiful person, etc. We all sin and according to the Bible, God sees all sins as the same, anything that separates us from Him. I believe that God understands this, understands our internal weaknesses and still forgives us because we're made this way. We have free will to make our choices but we also need various forms of entertainment and pleasure otherwise we become extremely depressed, and God (my opinion) doesn't want us to be miserable.

I go through these feelings as well but is seems to be that wearing and using a diapers is a very small sideroad away from God. Be a good person. Help those who need help and be kind and loving toward others. Diaper wearing won't matter at all.

Back