“Every bloody morning she’s got a bulging smelly Pull-Up”

Was on a cruise recently and during the welcoming show the cruise director had all the kids stand up to promise to have fun and he said that I will not pee in the pool. There was a young girl that was maybe 10 that sat down before he said pool, I guess she thought that he was going to say that they wasn't going to pee in the bed.

My Mrs and her friend were discussing there IBS on FaceTime, like they do, and on about having to rush to find a toilet when out somewhere. Then her friend piped up, We need Pampers and they laughed and my Mrs agreed. The images that went through my head!

AVictoryPointe said:
Because for most people, the second to last answer is you need them, and the very last is you want them. Most people assume you’re picking up for a relative or family member. That’s totally normal and likely happens more often than you think (someone picking up for grandparents or whoever).

Imagine the obvious answer, not the answer you know.
We regularly pick up baby wipes in the supermarket without any embarrassment, we like to keep a pack by the bed and useful for cleaning etc. I would feel a bit awkward if I went into a store to just buy adult nappies so I find it easier to pick a pack up when going grocery shopping. They just get scanned thru with everything else and I don’t know the cashier and they don’t really care. They only have pull ups by me in adult sizes so don’t very often get from a store as prefer taped nappies which I have to get online

Reactions: dogboy
I was on a long distance train yesterday and a family of four got on and occupied a nearby table. They had with them a tiny girl who must have only been about two or three (before I continue, don’t worry, this isn’t a creepy “sightings” post-
I didn’t see any nappy, everyone was fully clothed and it was what I heard that is of interest).

There came a point when the girl had obviously pooed her nappy (unfortunately the carriage could smell it) and the mother told her it was time to go and get her nappy changed.

What surprised me was how articulate this child was. She had a sippy cup style bottle of milk with her and she said:

“No, wait, I need to finish my milk so I can do another wee wee first!”

The mother then actually waited for the girl to finish the milk and said “are you ready?”

The girl said “no” then stared ahead with a concentrating look on her face and then said “ready” and went off for a change.

It made me think- I seem to recall a period when my sister was newly potty trained at home that she would have a nappy put back on for outings for a brief period. I suspect I had the same and I think that was what might have been going on here.

Did anyone else experience that growing up?

Last edited:
Reactions: skalippi
PCS said:
I was on a long distance train yesterday and a family of four got on and occupied a nearby table. They had with them a tiny girl who must have only been about two or three (before I continue, don’t worry, this isn’t a creepy “sightings” post-
I didn’t see any nappy, everyone was fully clothed and it was what I heard that is of interest).

There came a point when the girl had obviously pooed her nappy (unfortunately the carriage could smell it) and the mother told her it was time to go and get her nappy changed.

What surprised me was how articulate this child was. She had a sippy cup style bottle of milk with her and she said:

“No, wait, I need to finish my milk so I can do another wee wee first!”

The mother then actually waited for the girl to finish the milk and said “are you ready?”

The girl said “no” then stared ahead with a concentrating look on her face and then said “ready” and went off for a change.

It made me think- I seem to recall a period when my sister was newly potty trained at home that she would have a nappy put back on for outings for a brief period. I suspect I had the same and I think that was what might have been going on here.

Did anyone else experience that growing up?
Yes, I experienced this. I was mostly daytime toilet trained at home (including using the toilet in the downstairs bathroom standing up) but it took me nearly another year-and-a-half for my toilet training to become generalized. I seem to remember using the upstairs toilet at home shortly after I turned five. I started using the toilet at my preschool at age five-and-a-half. This was the first toilet that I used away from home. But even then I would only use it if the preschool teacher or her assistant noticed me doing a “potty dance”. It would be at least another year before I would start asking for a toilet when I needed one (let alone consistently).

This happened because I am on the autism spectrum. I was level two when I was growing up (I’m currently level one). My mother bought me a potty chair when I was about 18 months old but it was at least two years before she saw any results. This is because my doctor insisted that she use the “urine training first” method on me that was trendy back in the late 1970s and early 1980s. My bladder control took longer than normal to develop. This probably happened because I was born prematurely and I was very small for my age. I was born in early October but I was supposed to be born between Christmas and New Year at the earliest (according to my parents). When I was four years old I only looked about two so people didn’t usually think it was that strange if I had a diaper on.

This pretty much sums up the main points about this for the time being.

Back