“Every bloody morning she’s got a bulging smelly Pull-Up”

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Another “snippet of overheard conversation” as I was walking past two 30-something women having a coffee, probably Mums moaning about their kids.

It made me laugh inside.

I seem “tuned” to noticing conversations about nappies these days. Again, couldn’t stop to listen as it would have seemed weird.

What interesting/amusing conversations or snippets of conversation have you heard? I’m sure there was already a thread or post on this topic but I can’t find it!

Reactions: dlab1428, bmoredl, LiddleBigBoy and 3 others
Even though it was roughly 20+ years ago, I still remember walking through town center with my child minder and overhearing a 50+ year old woman pushing a pram. She was having a conversation with the toddler riding in it. From what I gathered, the woman was desperate for the bathroom and vocalized it to the toddler as that’s why she was rushing I suppose.

I remember hearing the toddler say something like “I don’t use the toilet!” and the woman responded with “No, you’re lucky because you’re wearing a nappy.”

Funny how even after all these years we still remember conversations involving nappies 😂

• Haha
Reactions: PaddedPonyboy, Jodie, LiddleBigBoy and 14 others
Back at college I remember one girl student talking with another about her boyfriend when he’s done his hair sleeping In bed with a pair of plastic baby pants on his head with the leg holes sewn to protect the grease in his hair from getting on the pillow .
When I told this to my partner , he suggested to me that I could use a pair of my plastic pants on my head as a shower cap with the leg holes left open then I can put my headphones on to listen to music while in the shower, thus keeping my hair dry at the same time. 😆
I doubt it will do the headphones much good though or my Iphone

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 76595, Marting, LittleRen77 and 5 others
While standing in crowds at large events, I’ve several times heard variations on “just use your diaper,” said by a parent to a small child when there was clearly no bathroom anywhere around. …Which I very much sympathize with, as I had to say the same to my own kids a few times. My wife was a marathon runner for some time, and I’d frequently take the kids to points along the course to cheer for her as she passed. Son was very prone potty emergencies and accidents at the time, so he’d be in Pull-Ups or GoodNites on race day. If there happened to be a porta-potty close by when the inevitable urgency struck, I’d of course try to get him there, but that usually wasn’t the case. Some sort of diaper proved key to my sanity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamas, LiddleBigBoy, AJFan2020 and 3 others
Dandelion said:
Back at college I remember one girl student talking with another about her boyfriend when he’s done his hair sleeping In bed with a pair of plastic baby pants on his head with the leg holes sewn to protect the grease in his hair from getting on the pillow .
When I told this to my partner , he suggested to me that I could use a pair of my plastic pants on my head as a shower cap with the leg holes left open then I can put my headphones on to listen to music while in the shower, thus keeping my hair dry at the same time. 😆
You just made me pee myself...without a diaper on!!! YOU!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (my eyes are tearing I'm laughing so much!) Killer!!! Great picture!

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 76595, star, Ceary and 2 others
Over the years I have obviously become sensitised to the word 'Nappy' and my ears prick up when it is mentioned, Ido not hear my trigger words often but do remember the last occasion.
Walking through a Tesco supermarket one midfle aged lady struggling to walk who was being assisted by a younger assistant or relative said "I need to change my Nappy as I can feel its getting very wet down there" and with that they both headed off towards the toilets.
Whilst I do not try to eavesdrop sometimes you just cannot help but over hear those "trigger" words that put your ears on high alert.

Reactions: Seabear, Wetshisbed, Ceary and 6 others
Since starting my new job my co workers have mentioned diapers so much!! One of them is a mother to a three year old and is pregnant with her second, so we hear a lot of stories. A lot of my co workers are a lil older than me and are at the phase in life where their friends or siblings are having their first children.
Yesterday one co worker was explaining how she went somewhere with her baby niece, and when she took her out of her car seat she noticed “her diaper was hanging like 6 inches off of her” cause it was so wet. I blushed a lil cause my mind immediately went to the thread on here I recently saw discussing just that concept lol!
When we have conversations like this I never know what to say lol! I never plan on having kids of my own and haven’t been around a baby in a very long time but I definitely know a lot about diapers and diapering and everything that comes with em 😅🙈

• Haha
Reactions: southeastlittle, oldskool, Prillprillprill and 5 others
Wondercrinkee said:
You just made me pee myself...without a diaper on!!! YOU!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (my eyes are tearing I'm laughing so much!) Killer!!! Great picture!
Ha, sorry about that but I’m not called Dandelion for no reason. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: star and Woncrinklz
Wondercrinkee said:
I tried it but I think my plastic pants are a bit too large even for my head. 😎

Attachments

• 7782D6A3-9860-41FF-B54C-59E6EDEE89EA.jpeg
    7782D6A3-9860-41FF-B54C-59E6EDEE89EA.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Soggytyke11, K911, Jodie and 21 others
Dandelion said:
Love the picture

Reactions: Dandelion and Woncrinklz
I feel like I must have overheard conversations like that at many points over my life, but for now I can only think of one. I was once at the beach, sitting not too far from a public bathroom, and a woman with a couple of young girls took them into the bathroom, mentioning something about a diaper change. After they left, I overheard the woman say in kind of an amused voice, “I don’t know how you got it so full!”

Reactions: oldskool, Diprs2, antte91 and 1 other person
Cottontail said:
While standing in crowds at large events, I’ve several times heard variations on “just use your diaper,” said by a parent to a small child when there was clearly no bathroom anywhere around. …Which I very much sympathize with, as I had to say the same to my own kids a few times. My wife was a marathon runner for some time, and I’d frequently take the kids to points along the course to cheer for her as she passed. Son was very prone potty emergencies and accidents at the time, so he’d be in Pull-Ups or GoodNites on race day. If there happened to be a porta-potty close by when the inevitable urgency struck, I’d of course try to get him there, but that usually wasn’t the case. Some sort of diaper proved key to my sanity.
I've heard similar things several times, even once where the toddler said to her mom, I'm not supposed to wet my Pull-Ups you don't like when I have an accident, and the mother told him it wasn't an accident and that it wouldn't count on his chart, the little guy went ok and a few seconds later it was obvious he had released himself. (I was waiting in line to purchase tickets for a concert at the time so he was next to me the whole time, I think he must have been no more than 3 yrs old so perfectly normal for the Pull-Ups stage).

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, AJFan2020, Diprs2 and 2 others
Not really funny or amusing, but interesting…
I was queueing in a petrol station recently. Mother in front with two young girls - would guess 6 and 4. Mother said to the younger “will just pay, then we’ll find the toilets” and then turned the OLDER girl and asked “do you need changing?” The girl “thought” for a few seconds before shaking her head. Really surprised me.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldskool, dluk2020, Halibut and 1 other person
Today’s snippet of overheard conversation:

Context- city centre railways station. Older couple (obviously grandparents) out with toddler, heading for the changing toilet.

Wife: “…there’s no point taking him out without a nappy because by the time we find him a toilet he’s been!”

• Haha
Reactions: oldskool, Jamas, LiddleBigBoy and 3 others
About two weeks ago I went for a coffee in town and whilst in the queue there was an attractive Mum with her son who was about seven or eight years old. She said to him "Alfie as you've stayed dry all weekend you can have a muffin" now either the kid is an alcoholic or he's a bedwetter... 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Fiammaverde, Deleted member 76595, Jamas and 11 others
LittleScotty said:
About two weeks ago I went for a coffee in town and whilst in the queue there was an attractive Mum with her son who was about seven or eight years old. She said to him "Alfie as you've stayed dry all weekend you can have a muffin" now either the kid is an alcoholic or he's a bedwetter... 😂
🤣🤣🤣 brilliant!

I hope you’re having a good day Scotty- you just made mine with that gag! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 76595, AJFan2020, TigerDL and 1 other person
lilbabyjooce said:
Since starting my new job my co workers have mentioned diapers so much!! One of them is a mother to a three year old and is pregnant with her second, so we hear a lot of stories. A lot of my co workers are a lil older than me and are at the phase in life where their friends or siblings are having their first children.
Yesterday one co worker was explaining how she went somewhere with her baby niece, and when she took her out of her car seat she noticed “her diaper was hanging like 6 inches off of her” cause it was so wet. I blushed a lil cause my mind immediately went to the thread on here I recently saw discussing just that concept lol!
When we have conversations like this I never know what to say lol! I never plan on having kids of my own and haven’t been around a baby in a very long time but I definitely know a lot about diapers and diapering and everything that comes with em 😅🙈
It’s not always the ones that you plan on having. My wife and I were married over two years before we were pregnant with our first and I was planning on waiting until we could afford the down payment on our first house. But then John Steinbeck warned me about “the best laid plans of mice and men oft going awry”.

Dandelion said:
Tell your boyfriend that they’ve made these items called “shower caps” for as long as they’ve made plastic pants and they don’t have leg holes in them. Woman, who used to get expensive permanents, use them to keep their hair dry when showering. I spent much of my childhood fascinated by them while trying to figure out how to convert them to plastic pants.

Reactions: Diprs2
Cottontail said:
My boys, especially my oldest, was the same way when they were younger. You never knew when the urge would hit them to go, and sometimes it could be 10 minutes after they used the bathroom and we were driving down the road with nowhere to pull off. Or, during the middle of a ride (my oldest once pooped in the middle of riding Small World at the Magic Kingdom because the urge hit him and he said he couldn't hold it -and my apologies if you were in the same boat as us that day, lol). Having them in a diaper/pull-up proved to save me more than once.

Reactions: Hell2DaNaw, LiddleBigBoy, Ali123 and 2 others
Dandelion said:
Is this the ultimate CPAP mask?

• Haha
Reactions: foxkits
Back