Does anyone else wear actual casual kids clothes?

Weatheronthe8s

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Like I'm not talking formal wear with fancy dresses, Mary Janes, etc. I am talking like more casual outfits such as shorts in cute colors, shirts with unicorns, hearts, flowers, etc, or even like socks with animal designs and stuff like that. I even occasionally buy more simple kids clothes that I could probably pull off in public. Personally, as a trans girl, I have found that I am not so much into the formal wear with my regression, but rather casual clothes that you would think of a child wearing in most day to day life. I guess it may be to kinda simulate more of the experience I didn't get in a way that seems more realistic. I do find it interesting though and I kinda wonder if anyone else does it.

• Love
Reactions: PaddedCub, ianwee, Tinklepanties and 22 others
I certainly do, or try to, size permitting! Admittedly my focus recently has been on clothing I feel I can get away with in public but my play wardrobe, such as it is, is all from the girl's section.

Similarly I have often thought that I am chasing a childhood that I didn't get the first time around so a sense of verisimilitude is important.

I don't know where I will go with it in the future, with my relationship to clothing changing, but I do get the odd pang of "that is so cute" or "I wish that was just a size or two bigger" as I drift past kids-wear.

• Love
Reactions: Tinklepanties, FCiara, Dashsanta and 9 others
@Anemone's comment "chasing a childhood that I didn't get first time around" resonates with me. In my little activities, I often try to do things I didn't experience for real, and as such as a child, I like to wear the casual clothes I didn't wear as a kid. In fact, as an adult, I really dislike dressing formally, and only do so when I have to.

My parents tended to give me quite old-fashioned clothes; they themselves were older, and had older parents, and used hand-me-downs as much as they could rather than new clothes. Also, as a child, I simply wasn't interested in clothes, and never asked for particular ones, and I think I probably did suffer at school because of it, without knowing at the time. I don't wear girls' clothes out and about, but I do lament the lack of variety in menswear. Some of the casual clothes I like to wear now which I didn't back in the day are:
- Character T-shirts; I hardly had any as a child, and I most often had buttoned shirts with a collar, even in summer.
- Anoraks: my childhood outerwear was usually a duffle coat with toggles, as worn by Paddington Bear. Never again will I wear one. I dislike wellies for the same reason; now I prefer walking boots.
- Sportswear: I wasn't into sport at all as a child or teenager, but I love wearing it now, whether I'm doing sport or not. I plait my hair for sport.
- Baseball caps: I never had one as a child, although lots of boys my age did.
- Sandals; for some reason, I never wore them beyond the age of four, even in summer. I'll wear jelly sandals out and about if I'm feeling brave. (Not Crocs: lots of adults wear them.) I never wore flip flops as a child at all, not even on the beach. I don't wear them much now, because I find them hard to walk in; perhaps I didn't have the childhood training.
- Designer sneakers; I didn't have any until I was a teenager, and had to pay for them myself. I wear them without socks, because it feels like a childish thing to do. I like Velcro or laceless sneakers, because they feel more childish.
- Black canvas laceless plimsolls, again without socks: I must have been the only child my age who never wore them.

The clothes I wear at home to indulge my little side (not out and about) are:
- Big fluffy animal slippers, and I'm very tempted to wear the big fluffy sliders that some women wear outdoors. Any slippers I did have as a child were old-fashioned tartan ones, that 1950s kids wore.
- Gingham school summer dress, and T-bar shoes without socks; but if I had been a girl and had to wear this, I probably would not wear it now.
- Ribbons in my hair.
- Onesies.

Reactions: Brajan32, WendyLittle, Weatheronthe8s and 3 others
I do all the time! For me, it’s a great way to be subtly little and feel cute. Walmart and Target have very inclusive sizing so as a grown adult it’s easy to find things that fit. It’s a great way to find “little” clothing with nice colors and patterns without the price point of ABDL clothing—and it feels more legitimate as they are intended for children.
My favorite article of children clothing I wear often around this time of year is an absolutely adorable lil Halloween printed dress from Target. I got it two years ago and it’s still my favorite. Around the time I got it I saw a little girl at my work wearing the same thing!! It just made my heart happy to know I could also wear that and not have it be seen as weird or suspicious and a lot of the times I get compliments over how cute it is!!

• Love
Reactions: Tinklepanties, Dashsanta, diaperbutt09 and 11 others
I am lucky I am skinny enough to wear a child XL, so I do have some shorts, yoga pants and cute skirts

• Love
Reactions: Dashsanta, LonelyFOX, Flopsy and 5 others
I pretty much echo ^ all of the above.
Weatheronthe8s said:
Like I'm not talking formal wear with fancy dresses, Mary Janes, etc. I am talking like more casual outfits such as shorts in cute colors, shirts with unicorns, hearts, flowers, etc, or even like socks with animal designs and stuff like that. I even occasionally buy more simple kids clothes that I could probably pull off in public. Personally, as a trans girl, I have found that I am not so much into the formal wear with my regression, but rather casual clothes that you would think of a child wearing in most day to day life. I guess it may be to kinda simulate more of the experience I didn't get in a way that seems more realistic. I do find it interesting though and I kinda wonder if anyone else does it.
Absolutely. And I do cringe when I see media exposure that shows an AB/little in some over the top, vintage, poofy, collared dress... or the likes. While it may be meaningful to a little who cherishes clothing from the era of their original childhood, I choose to reflect the look of a modern day kid, like, I'm not recreating a childhood of [ x ] years ago, I'm creating a whole new childhood, today, and living my life of a 4 year old girl.,..... today.
lilbabyjooce said:
I do all the time! For me, it’s a great way to be subtly little and feel cute. Walmart and Target have very inclusive sizing so as a grown adult it’s easy to find things that fit. It’s a great way to find “little” clothing with nice colors and patterns without the price point of ABDL clothing—and it feels more legitimate as they are intended for children.
The 4-14 girl sections of Walmart and Target are like a black hole I get sucked into... If I'm within 30 feet of them I cannot overcome their powerful magnetism. I do sometimes get disappointed when something super cute is only in the 3*6*5 rack though, lol.
lilbabyjooce said:
Around the time I got it I saw a little girl at my work wearing the same thing!! It just made my heart happy to know I could also wear that and not have it be seen as weird or suspicious and a lot of the times I get compliments over how cute it is!!
I was at the beach and saw another little girl wearing a swim suit that was the same as one I have. Thought to myself, "See? We both have great taste!" And I do get compliments from time to time on how cute my outfits are. I think the one thing considered "vintage" or "dated" that I'm still very fond of is what they call a "sunsuit" or "bubble romper".... it's the most babyish thing I own.. but definitely not suited for public wear.
Weatheronthe8s said:
I guess it may be to kinda simulate more of the experience I didn't get in a way that seems more realistic.
On any given day, you'd see me on the street in exactly that. If I'm in the poofy AB diaper, I almost always cover it with a ruffle-tiered skirt, which thankfully are still quite popular. As @Anemone said, "sense of verisimilitude" (had to look that word up!) is meaningful, because being "authentic" is "validating" - it creates a feeling of being legitimate and real.
Seems to me there may be a lot more trans girls who have this sense of loss, or having missed out on a childhood authentic to their real gender... though most do not take the brave initiative to regain it on their own terms.

• Love
Reactions: Tinklepanties, ShyBoo81, WendyLittle and 4 others
Yes I do and it makes me so sad when I see something pretty and it doesn't go up to 12\14

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: Tinklepanties, michaelmc, DLScottsman and 6 others
I can certainly relate to all these comments ;) . I look for kids clothes that are xl 🩲:love: that I can wear, sometimes I get lucky :giggle:. I will checkout Target & WalMart & report back. :).

I would like to hear of more ideas on this discussion 😃

Reactions: Tinklepanties, WendyLittle, Weatheronthe8s and 2 others
My girlfriend she likes some girl's XL size jeans and shorts

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s and KittyninjaW
pullupgirlie said:
My hope is to one day have to courage to wear a skirt and cute top in public. But idk if they will ever happen.
Usually we find our worst fears to be unjustified. ;)
pullupgirlie said:
The brand Justice used to have girls clothes up to size 24 (girls)
Though 'Justice For Girls' has closed their retail stores, they still do online retail and their brand is now also found within the girls department of Walmart. For those not familiar, it's a tween brand, meaning the age 8-16 market. I used to be a regular there. 'The Children's Place' goes up to XL/XXL 14/16 on many of their items too. I have lots from both. TCP tends to have more of the sweet and innocent stuff.
pullupgirlie said:
I find thrift stores and ebay to be a great way to get large quantities of girls brands and styles
Are you familiar with Poshmark? That is person to person transactions also, and has clothing for all ages.

Last edited:
Reactions: WendyLittle, Weatheronthe8s, Angelapinks and 2 others
OMG!!! Do I ever! I currently have a teen wardrobe that rivals any girl in middle school. My wife says I have more training bras than most any girl. When I'm not playing Little Baby Becca I like to play "tween Becca/Bobbie". Here are links to my 2 Flickr pages with 1000's of pictures of my wardrobe. You'll find a little of everything, panties and training bras, leggings, shorts, bathing suits, cheer uniforms, leotards... and obsession with Hello Kitty... All my pictures are "pg" rated, other than an adult guy in tween girls clothes. But you will have to have a Flickr account to see the pictures.
Becca Flickr #1
Becca Flickr #2

Here is a sneak peak, a few Justice training bras and a Hello Kitty training bra...

IMGP0195.jpg
IMGP0261.jpg
Justice (1).jpg
Justice (2).jpgIMGP6701.jpg

IMGP6705.jpg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: tammy4bbc, Dashsanta, BabyRobbie and 7 others
pullupgirlie said:
Children's place recently added size 18 to some items for girls.

I was so sad when justice closed I literally cried. Walmart Justice is ok but not totally the same. Justice stores were so wonderful. The staff was always so friendly and always would help my find my size if there weren't any on the floor (I never explicitly said the clothes or panties were for me but I think some of the ladies there could tell)

Yes I check Poshmark and Mercari regularly too. A lot of people cross post on there and ebay and I can usually get bundle deals through most sellers. I don't have space right now for a whole girly wardrobe but I still buy a fair number of panties online at different sites.
Littlebabybecca said:
OMG!!! Do I ever! I currently have a teen wardrobe that rivals any girl in middle school. My wife says I have more training bras than most any girl. When I'm not playing Little Baby Becca I like to play "tween Becca/Bobbie". Here are links to my 2 Flickr pages with 1000's of pictures of my wardrobe. You'll find a little of everything, panties and training bras, leggings, shorts, bathing suits, cheer uniforms, leotards... and obsession with Hello Kitty... All my pictures are "pg" rated, other than an adult guy in tween girls clothes. But you will have to have a Flickr account to see the pictures.
Becca Flickr #1
Becca Flickr #2

Here is a sneak peak, a few Justice training bras and a Hello Kitty training bra...

View attachment 88118
View attachment 88120
View attachment 88124
View attachment 88125View attachment 88121

View attachment 88123
Hello Kitty is my favourite, I have flannel diapers and panties with Hello Kitty on them.

Reactions: WendyLittle, Littlebabybecca, Weatheronthe8s and 1 other person
When I'm feeling little and basically not doing typical boring normal life stuff, I just really like wearing just a shirt and diaper; or sometimes even just a bra and a diaper on hotter days and in my bedroom. If it weren't for me having upper body parts now, I wouldn't mind just wearing a diaper. Though the shirt I wear does have a cute design much like the type of shirts little girls would be wearing.

Reactions: PaddedRita, Angelapinks, Weatheronthe8s and 2 others
Littlebabybecca said:
Becca Flickr #1
Becca Flickr #2

View attachment 88118
View attachment 88120
View attachment 88124
View attachment 88125View attachment 88121

View attachment 88123
I would love that hello kitty bra....

• Love
Reactions: Tinklepanties, PaddedRita, WendyLittle and 3 others
My clothes are blended. My tops and bottoms are two different sizes.

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
I buy the men's small shirt and the boys XL pants.

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
Mickeymic said:
I am lucky I am skinny enough to wear a child XL, so I do have some shorts, yoga pants and cute skirts
Nice. This is about the size I am also.

Reactions: Angelapinks
LittleMaya said:
I pretty much echo ^ all of the above.

Absolutely. And I do cringe when I see media exposure that shows an AB/little in some over the top, vintage, poofy, collared dress... or the likes. While it may be meaningful to a little who cherishes clothing from the era of their original childhood, I choose to reflect the look of a modern day kid, like, I'm not recreating a childhood of [ x ] years ago, I'm creating a whole new childhood, today, and living my life of a 4 year old girl.,..... today.

The 4-14 girl sections of Walmart and Target are like a black hole I get sucked into... If I'm within 30 feet of them I cannot overcome their powerful magnetism. I do sometimes get disappointed when something super cute is only in the 3*6*5 rack though, lol.

I was at the beach and saw another little girl wearing a swim suit that was the same as one I have. Thought to myself, "See? We both have great taste!" And I do get compliments from time to time on how cute my outfits are. I think the one thing considered "vintage" or "dated" that I'm still very fond of is what they call a "sunsuit" or "bubble romper".... it's the most babyish thing I own.. but definitely not suited for public wear.

On any given day, you'd see me on the street in exactly that. If I'm in the poofy AB diaper, I almost always cover it with a ruffle-tiered skirt, which thankfully are still quite popular. As @Anemone said, "sense of verisimilitude" (had to look that word up!) is meaningful, because being "authentic" is "validating" - it creates a feeling of being legitimate and real.
Seems to me there may be a lot more trans girls who have this sense of loss, or having missed out on a childhood authentic to their real gender... though most do not take the brave initiative to regain it on their own terms.
Oh yes. I am also extremely attracted to the girls section at stores. The Walmarts where I live keep it directly in front of electronics, so even if I'm just getting something from there I can't help but at least glance.

Reactions: Deleted member 62201 and Angelapinks
Weatheronthe8s said:
I am attracted to "cute" clothes and I wear lots of childish style clothes.. I especially love mushrooms, frogs , butterfly's and cute Disney characters. I'll send a pic of one my teashirt. Asos is a good site to buy "cute"

Reactions: Tinklepanties, Weatheronthe8s, mistykitty and 1 other person
20220919_230106.jpg

• Love
Reactions: StrawberryPan, PaddedRita, Ababychickie and 7 others
Back