Does Anyone Else Actually Like Children's Music?

BunnyPrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
  5. Other
I know there has been similar threads in the past but those were only about what you listen to when little. For this thread, I want to know if anyone else likes children's music outside of something you only listen to when regressed. Of course for me I am always somewhat little, but the genre of kindie (independent children's music), more commonly known as children's music, is one of my special interests.

It all started around October 2020, when I got to thinking about a memory I had as a chrono child where I was playing on my Nabi Jr tablet one morning while everyone else was sleeping and came across the music player app. For anyone who doesn't know about these tablets, they were made for kids and had games and such preloaded onto them. But they also preloaded one or two Laurie Berkner albums on there, and I had curiously clicked on one of the songs, "Mouse In My Toolbox". Back then, although deep down I actually liked that kind of stuff, I masked it to the point to where I immediately got embarrassed upon hearing the "babyish" song and started fumbling with the tablet to turn it off as I was afraid someone heard it as the media volume was set pretty high.

Anyways, back to October 2020-upon thinking about it, I wanted to try and find the song as I knew the title but had forgot the artist name. Of course, a quick YouTube search brought the song and others from Laurie Berkner up, and I listened to it only to discover I actually liked it. That night I listened to the album it was on, "Rocketship Run" and I was hooked. Of course, I had already been listening to musicals, soundtracks and Disney Princess music since I had came out as trans in 2018 and began to indulge in my childlike interests. But that night, I got into children's music as a whole, and would over the course of the next three years find 25+ artists and many more albums and songs that I like.

Around June 2022 I discovered the SiriusXM channel "Kids Place Live" while sitting in the Kroger parking lot in my grandparent's truck while my grandad grabbed a few things and that allowed me to discover even more. Anyways, if you do also like kindie/children's music, I want to hear the story of how your interest began and what your favorite artists/albums/songs are. Since this is getting pretty long I will go ahead and start the thread, then post my favorites in a separate reply. Can't wait to hear about your faves!

Here are my favorites in no particular order:

Artists:
Laurie Berkner
Suzie Shelton
Justin Roberts
David Gibb
Miss Lisa
Moey's Music Party
Grenadilla
The Okee Dokee Brothers
Easter Tales
Cat And A Bird
Bubboon's Tunes
Kathryn The Grape
Joanie Leeds
Penny Pom Pom
Rabbit!
Caspar Babypants
JoJo Siwa
Joanie Bartels
Merlz And Pearlz
Tippi Toes
Kidsongs
The Kiboomers
Gustafer Yellowgold (RIP Morgan)
Twinpop
Dana's Music Playground
Robbie Schaefer
Joe McDermott
Todd McHatton
And more!

I quite like Secret Agent 23 Skidoo. I also like Trout Fishing In America a lot, although the write songs aimed at both children and adults, and I listen to their music for adults a lot more.

Reactions: BunnyPrincess
I so remember Kidsongs and had numerous videotapes growing up such as the rollercoaster one and boppin with the biggles. Now all the music is available for streaming via Spotify.

Last edited:
  • Love
BunnyPrincess said:
I know there has been similar threads in the past but those were only about what you listen to when little. For this thread, I want to know if anyone else likes children's music outside of something you only listen to when regressed. Of course for me I am always somewhat little, but the genre of kindie (independent children's music), more commonly known as children's music, is one of my special interests.

It all started around October 2020, when I got to thinking about a memory I had as a chrono child where I was playing on my Nabi Jr tablet one morning while everyone else was sleeping and came across the music player app. For anyone who doesn't know about these tablets, they were made for kids and had games and such preloaded onto them. But they also preloaded one or two Laurie Berkner albums on there, and I had curiously clicked on one of the songs, "Mouse In My Toolbox". Back then, although deep down I actually liked that kind of stuff, I masked it to the point to where I immediately got embarrassed upon hearing the "babyish" song and started fumbling with the tablet to turn it off as I was afraid someone heard it as the media volume was set pretty high.

Anyways, back to October 2020-upon thinking about it, I wanted to try and find the song as I knew the title but had forgot the artist name. Of course, a quick YouTube search brought the song and others from Laurie Berkner up, and I listened to it only to discover I actually liked it. That night I listened to the album it was on, "Rocketship Run" and I was hooked. Of course, I had already been listening to musicals, soundtracks and Disney Princess music since I had came out as trans in 2018 and began to indulge in my childlike interests. But that night, I got into children's music as a whole, and would over the course of the next three years find 25+ artists and many more albums and songs that I like.

Around June 2022 I discovered the SiriusXM channel "Kids Place Live" while sitting in the Kroger parking lot in my grandparent's truck while my grandad grabbed a few things and that allowed me to discover even more. Anyways, if you do also like kindie/children's music, I want to hear the story of how your interest began and what your favorite artists/albums/songs are. Since this is getting pretty long I will go ahead and start the thread, then post my favorites in a separate reply. Can't wait to hear about your faves!
Kids Place Live is fun!

In addition to some listed, I'm fond of Jessica Harper's music.

• Love
I actually like the songs on CocoMelon. Weird, I know.

• Love
When I was little I remember a song I heard on the radio. It's a fact that children remember songs there parents listened to. Course in the 60s it was 8 track tapes records and AM radio. Anyway Peter Paul and Mary had this song called Puff The Magic Dragon. It always seamed like the perfect kids song. I like a lot of songs and hroups from the 60s my parents generation. But that was the one song I always thought was a kids song

Took this from Google
In 1962, one of the most endearing children’s folk songs was written. Initially penned as a poem, the story of “Puff the Magic Dragon” was of a friendly flying serpent who lived by the sea in a land far away—Honah Lee—and enjoyed frolicking in the autumn mist

• Love
I do have Hannah Montana and Disney on my car playlist!!! Shuffled between more grown music does make for some fun track changes 😂😂

Reactions: ShyBoo81, PaddedRita and BunnyPrincess
dogboy said:
I actually like the songs on CocoMelon. Weird, I know.
Not at all! I definitely have some nursery rhyme favorites, though I may keep most of those for when I am feeling particularly little🙂

MudPuppy said:
Kids Place Live is fun!

In addition to some listed, I'm fond of Jessica Harper's music.
Never heard of Jessica Harper, I am gonna be looking into her!

Yocky said:
I quite like Secret Agent 23 Skidoo. I also like Trout Fishing In America a lot, although the write songs aimed at both children and adults, and I listen to their music for adults a lot more.
I do like Secret Agent 23 Skidoo, it's great clean hip hop for children, and Kids Place Live gives them plenty of airplay. I also like Trout Fishing In America's "The Window". Fun and catchy song!

Every once in a while I will hear one and not to long after I will be sing it :)

• Love
I pretty much only listen to children's music, most of the children's music I listen to is Christian children's music by Cedarmont Kids, Justin Roberts, Steve Green, Getty Kids, Worship Together Kids, but I also like Kids Place Live on Sirius XM, and Cocomelon.

• Love
Reactions: longallsboy, KittyninjaW and BunnyPrincess
I was brought up listening to ‘Young person’s guide to the orchestra’. Then I discovered Debussy had written a Children’s Suite which is beautiful. Of late I have been listening to “Dat dere’ by Blossom Derie and many others. So not exactly children’s music but music for growing children.

• Love
Reactions: dogboy and BunnyPrincess
Anything Disney I love, I used to sing along with my younger siblings when I was babysitting them.. my lil sister got me into mlp and I have a playlist mixing both. There are other songs but I couldn't list them all right now

• Love
FootiePJ said:
I pretty much only listen to children's music, most of the children's music I listen to is Christian children's music by Cedarmont Kids, Justin Roberts, Steve Green, Getty Kids, Worship Together Kids, but I also like Kids Place Live on Sirius XM, and Cocomelon.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one! Justin Roberts is great too.

I've swapped mostly to kids music for my comute home, I find it more relaxing than most other music.

• Love
Sorry to disappoint but no! Having four children tends to cause a minor or major aversion to children's music.

Tenawearer said:
Sorry to disappoint but no! Having four children tends to cause a minor or major aversion to children's music.
Valid! I know a good majority of people here wont and that's fine. But at least you don't live with me haha!😂

Last edited:
I like when They Might Be Giants does kids music.

Of course they're mainly a band for adults, but their music for kids is usually really fun.

• Love
Reactions: BunnyPrincess, dogboy and foneyboney
Back