Do you need to lay down to change?

PrincessLittleBear

Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Hi all!

I'm brand new to the world of adult diapers! I have experience with pull-ups (store bought depends and incontrol's felicity pullup), and I am drawn to the cute prints available for diapers.

So, my question is, can you put a diaper on standing up, or do you need to lay down to change? Thanks so much!

Reactions: Dashsanta, LittleTyke, Diprs2 and 1 other person
You can stand up to change using a wall to lean against and keep the diaper in place. There must be some threads about standing to change.
Welcome to the community.

Reactions: TigerDL, Dashsanta, Diprs2 and 1 other person
You can in theory change your diaper standing. But why would you do that? I prefer laying down on the floor and change my diaper like a real Toddler gets changed

Reactions: TigerDL, Diprs2, Ali123 and 2 others
Welcome, @PrincessLittleBear! I love being on my back for changes, probably because I can remember being diapered like that when I was little. It's like roleplaying as my actual three-year-old self! But there are times when it's not convenient for me to lie down, and then I'll change either standing or sitting. I actually do most of my changes while sitting at my desk in my home office. It takes some practice to know exactly how to place the diaper on a chair and how to sit on it, but for me it works very well. I'm also usually wearing old-school cloth diapers with pins, and pinning a prefold while standing is quite tricky!

• Love
Reactions: TigerDL, babyjunior03, littledub1955 and 3 others
Laying down is my preferred position, especially when someone is assisting with the change - it's a happy headspace and tickles my submissive side!

That being said and wearing 24/7, it's not always practical to lay down. When you know your diaper well, changing while standing even without a wall (never used that technique myself...) is also very doable - and like anything else in life in that it takes some practice just like it takes practice changing while laying down! Knowing where the tapes are supposed to go goes a long way to getting the right fit on the first try!

• Love
Reactions: TigerDL, Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
When I diaper myself I usually stand and put my butt on the wall. But if I'm being changed, lying down on the floor I find is best since a bed usually is squishy.

Reactions: Diprs2 and TenaciousDL
Welcome to ADISC!

I always change myself standing. I've had only a couple of standing diaper changes when a caregiver was changing me, but I find standing to change means less wear and tear on my lower back. Lying down and changing myself requires me to contort somewhat, and at my age, I want to avoid that when I can.

Enjoy your time here!

Reactions: Diprs2, TenaciousDL and PadPhilosopher
Or use pullups

I almost always stand to change - it's easier for me that way.

Reactions: Diprs2
I used to change laying down. Until i learned the wall trick. I still put my night diaper on laying down.

Reactions: Diprs2 and TenaciousDL
I usually hold it in place against a wall to change and do it standing. There have been times that I do it lying down though.

Reactions: Diprs2, TenaciousDL and BigAl1
For the longest time I layed down, but since I moved in with my special other, I had issues with that.
Namely she is not into it, so I can't fully openly endorse my diaper love anymore and as such usually only wear in my own room. As a result I only change into a diaper in my room.

Standing and leaning against a a wall to tape down was a huge gamechanger for fitting the diaper better and I got it from a thread like this :D

So yes, you can change diapers standing and honestly it seems to be working better for me in terms of fitting, too.

I always lie down. Why? Because I use powder. I sprinkle it all over my diapered area; not on my hand and flung onto myself like what some people recommend. I skip that whole ordeal and lust sprinkle it all over myself down there and then here comes the baby diapers. I always start with 2. 1 around the tip of myself pointed up and the other one on my bum. That makes for a squishy diaper every time. Sure I can always do this standing up, but laying down feels mandatory because there's no real reason for me to do it the hard way. I try to keep it down to 1 or 2 diapers per week, so diapering myself is the highlight of each week I do it. That's why I lay down.

Reactions: Diprs2, mistykitty and BigAl1
MudPuppy said:
I almost always stand to change - it's easier for me that way.
Easier for me to stand as well. Goes on more evenly.

I can do both. Really depends on my mood.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and mistykitty
At home I lay down, and in public I change standing up. Laying down hits me in a strange/good way, legs out to side being a little exposed, ready to adjust and tape up. Probably the closest I can be to straight up loosening up/feeling exposed.

I can do both, but I almost always laydown. Not sure why aside from "it just feels right.".

Reactions: Diprs2 and mistykitty
I always put my disposables on while standing with my back to the bathroom wall. That Way I can look in the mirror and help get a perfect placement and fit. I used to enjoy putting them on while laying in bed, but that became hard on my arthritic shoulders.

I have always done standing, as far as I can remember. If I ever did anything else, it was a long time ago. I rarely use a wall, although I did use the footboard on my bed this evening, because I was putting on a diaper I'd not worn in a long time, and wasn't sure where the tapes should be, so it allowed me to get things where they needed to be. In the future, it won't matter, because now I know where the tapes belong on this diaper to fit me.

I might try lying down as a curiosity.

Usually just lean/ used a wall surface to hold the diaper and tape it up,

Back