Did you ever wear diapers around the house while living with your parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paddy2020 said:
This sounds very odd to say the least. Why would you have his sister change his diapers? Most 13 year old boys wouldn't dream of his sister changing his diapers. Most 13 year old boys would be very embarrassed. Does your son have autism or some other disability other than bed wetting? Is he not able to manage his own diaper changes? If he has been in diapers most of his life and capable of changing himself he should do it himself, not his sister. This sounds very inappropriate and an odd sounding story to say the least.
This reply was for Jessicamom

I do currently when I’m in the mood to wear, though I try to conceal it to the best of my ability. My family knows I do it, and it’s an “out of sight, out of mind” thing.

DanielW said:
I'm seriously hoping this is just someone's fantasy. Hopefully Its just some troll who will end up going elsewhere.
Same here. Not sure why a mother of a 13 year old would be on here about their son's diaper wearing. But I'm with you on seriously hoping.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221
All the time

Yeah all the time, as a teenager I still wet the bed but I purposely made my wetting problem a lot more severe than it was. Initially I did this because I wanted to wear diapers again but I ended up getting a lot more than I bargained for because my mom started making me wear them day and night and wouldn't allow me to put them on myself! At first I thought I was in heaven but it got old after a while but that didn't matter my mom diapered me all the time until I was probably a little over 17.

Reactions: Lyric
Jessicamom said:
Hi everyone I just joined this site. My son wears diapers. He is 13 and has always been a bed wetter and been in diapers. Like some of you others said he wears PJ's when it’s cold but usually just his diaper. Since he has always been in diapers and everyone already knows about them no point in hiding it. Also me, my husband, or daughter change his diapers so no reason to hide them.
Sounds like a similar situation to what I had - I actually was NEVER out of diapers night or day - BUT I have issues other than just IC. All I can say, I know maybe that is required - it was with me - but unless there are other issues going on, I don't see why and does seem a bit strange.
As for the sister helping too, either way - unless as I said there are other issues not mentioned AND she is THE only one around that could help - at 13, that sounds a bit creepy! I'll give you in my case YES the oldest of my 2 sisters (4 years younger than I am) did end up helping me there pleanty of times, but I was a little older than that!

Paddy2020 said:
This sounds very odd to say the least. Why would you have his sister change his diapers? Most 13 year old boys wouldn't dream of his sister changing his diapers. Most 13 year old boys would be very embarrassed. Does your son have autism or some other disability other than bed wetting? Is he not able to manage his own diaper changes? If he has been in diapers most of his life and capable of changing himself he should do it himself, not his sister. This sounds very inappropriate and an odd sounding story to say the least.
I totally understand your concern and will agree with you the situation does seem very strange. Honestly I’m still trying to understand why he would want to wear diapers at all. But obviously this is a thing.

To answer a few questions, yes he is on the spectrum, however he is high functioning. Being autistic has played a big part of his potty training troubles, that and bedwetting being hereditary. We have had him try to diaper himself but he does a horrible job at it. Never gets the tapes right and it ends up being so loose it leaks horribly I know he could do better if he really tried but I don’t think he wants to. Should I make him? Tell him if he wants to wear diapers it’s all on his own and we won’t be helping? Or do we support him in his wanting to wear diapers? This is a genuine question. As for his sister helping it’s only if I’m not available, and she has has been helping him since he was little so I guess it just kept on. I also have a 4 year old who is finally potty trained, wears underwear during the day, with 2 exceptions, he still wets the bed and refuses to poop in anything but a diaper. She still helps him if I’m busy and honestly Jacob will go to her for a change if needed and she is already changing my little guy. Jacob my older son hasn’t started puberty so maybe that is why he still isn’t modest at all?

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Reactions: Traveller
Yeah, on and off for about the first four years of my life 😂😁

Jessicamom said:
I totally understand your concern and will agree with you the situation does seem very strange. Honestly I’m still trying to understand why he would want to wear diapers at all. But obviously this is a thing.

To answer a few questions, yes he is on the spectrum, however he is high functioning. Being autistic has played a big part of his potty training troubles, that and bedwetting being hereditary. We have had him try to diaper himself but he does a horrible job at it. Never gets the tapes right and it ends up being so loose it leaks horribly I know he could do better if he really tried but I don’t think he wants to. Should I make him? Tell him if he wants to wear diapers it’s all on his own and we won’t be helping? Or do we support him in his wanting to wear diapers? This is a genuine question. As for his sister helping it’s only if I’m not available, and she has has been helping him since he was little so I guess it just kept on. I also have a 4 year old who is finally potty trained, wears underwear during the day, with 2 exceptions, he still wets the bed and refuses to poop in anything but a diaper. She still helps him if I’m busy and honestly Jacob will go to her for a change if needed and she is already changing my little guy. Jacob my older son hasn’t started puberty so maybe that is why he still isn’t modest at all?

I was diapered by my mom at 13 at night and now I have a 10 year old son who wears diapers at night and goodnites during the day because of his autism and we do have to put the diapers on him and then I put on my diaper at night

Reactions: Rezzu
Jessicamom said:

Thanks for the clarification. Here on ADISC we get trolls and some really outlandish stuff. Your initial post had that "look" of a troll post. We get suspicious here on ADISC when we get odd posts. After all, all of us are adults on here and we wear diapers for one reason or another and we can be quite serious and sensitive about it. But again, thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: CookieMonstah, nwm and Traveller
Babybear2006 said:
I was diapered by my mom at 13 at night and now I have a 10 year old son who wears diapers at night and goodnites during the day because of his autism and we do have to put the diapers on him and then I put on my diaper at night
Jacob didn’t potty train till 6, and was was in pull-ups during the day at 7 due to still having quite a few daytime accidents. Fortunately his school was very understanding and helpful. How does your sons school handle his pull-ups?

Paddy2020 said:
Thanks for the clarification. Here on ADISC we get trolls and some really outlandish stuff. Your initial post had that "look" of a troll post. We get suspicious here on ADISC when we get odd posts. After all, all of us are adults on here and we wear diapers for one reason or another and we can be quite serious and sensitive about it. But again, thanks for the clarification.
I totally understand and you are very welcome.

My incontinence as a child was due to nerve damage, but my day time accidents pretty much disappeared, along with my asthma, in my early teens. That is pretty much when they decided to cut off diapers for bed wetting too, because they thought at that point I was just being lazy or something. When I could afford it, I would buy my own diapers, which was pretty much a pack of depends every week. I wore them when I wanted, and they were pretty much useless at night.
At this point, everyone knew, so it just didn't matter to me as I needed the confidence of diapers for those just in case moments. When I injured my back again during a fall, my incontinence came back, and now I'm a lucky duck that gets to waddle around everywhere.

Jessicamom said:
Jacob didn’t potty train till 6, and was was in pull-ups during the day at 7 due to still having quite a few daytime accidents. Fortunately his school was very understanding and helpful. How does your sons school handle his pull-ups?
They change him in the morning, at lunch, and before he gets on the bus they put a diaper on him for the ride home. I had the same problems when I was a kid. We normally use attends diapers or tranquility diapers but sometimes we will get seni quatro diapers to use at night or if we stay in a hotel to prevent leaks

Babybear2006 said:
They change him in the morning, at lunch, and before he gets on the bus they put a diaper on him for the ride home. I had the same problems when I was a kid. We normally use attends diapers or tranquility diapers but sometimes we will get seni quatro diapers to use at night or if we stay in a hotel to prevent leaks
He changes in the nurses office or do they actually change him? He is in goodnites pull-ups right? Does he need help with those?

Babybear2006 said:
Have you tried the Sposie inserts? They are a disposable diaper booster pad. We use them in both boys night diaper. They really help with leaks at night.

Jessicamom said:
He changes in the nurses office or do they actually change him? He is in goodnites pull-ups right? Does he need help with those?
The special ed teacher will help him change his goodnites, we send 5 o 6 pullups and a diaper to school with him on his backpack every day. The bus ride is over an hour and a half because we live out in the country but he ride the special needs bus instead of the regular bus.

Reactions: Rezzu and Jessicamom
All the time. I’ve always wet the bed. Got 2 younger brothers who both wet the bed too so was quite normal attire especially when hotter Weather. They didn’t wet as long as me though so when the youngest one stopped wearing and it was just me left I tended to cover up more.

I did occasionally. It was usually just Goodnites, and always under clothes when I was wearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back