diapers to concerts with regards to the bag policy.

nikthewerelion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
so so I was wondering if any incontinent person who so I am was wondering if any incontinent people who need diapers have gone to concerts with that stupid clear bag policy that they have. How many extra diapers did you bring, did you use a backpack for this and how did that go with security? I am a disabled person who is mostly blind, but also have urinary issues, which means I need diapers. I usually have a backpack with me that carries all my stuff like five pairs of sunglasses, my cane, my meds, some diapers various other things. And I figured out that I cannot fit all this shit in a scrunchy bag. It just doesn’t work. I’m probably going to bring my small backpack that I have and hopefully security will be fine with us., I mean I do have accessible seats anyways. so the situation is this I am going to see Santana and it’s 2 1/2 hours each way plus the time it takes to get in and out of the venue plus the three or four hour concert which means there’s no way that I’m gonna be able to do one diaper for the entire adventure. I’m gonna probably need like at least three diapers with me, I mean good quality ones like Safari and stuff like that.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, LordDuque, IncontinentScholar and 3 others
Safari is a good one I wish they had all white version.
What eye condition do u have mine is rop. I have stress incontinence bladder.
And urge .
Santana is good would love to go to that concert. Need ear plugs tho don't wanna be deaf and blinder right eye is blah.
Your online name sounds really familiar? Are u a furry do I know u?

Stryker is my name furry wise

Reactions: Edgewater
No recent experience with concerts but the last time my wife and I went to a baseball game I just made sure to wear a thicker diaper with a booster and she brought one change with her in her purse. Fortunately the stadium (Colorado Rockies) allows you to bring in non transparent bags up to a certain size. My wife had just enough room in her tiny purse for her keys, a wallet, a period pad, and one spare diaper. The security did search her bag and saw the diaper and looked a tad bit confused but eventually figured out what it was and moved us along. Bless my dear wife for always having to be the one to get her bag checked carrying my diapers. Sometimes I will take a backpack if the venue allows but she doesn’t mind b/c she always has a purse on her.

As for concerts, we don’t attend very often but I can recall from my experience having to limit my fluid intake. Between the long amount of time we are there and the nasty bathrooms I want to go as long as I can without a change. I do recall about 10 years ago leaking through an Abena M4 w/ booster while I was on a date at a concert. Fortunately it was at night so by the time we left my jeans had dried up mostly. This was before I met my wife and the girl I was on the date with found out anyways b/c she invited me to spend the night and I wasn’t going to say no to that. When we got to her place I had to change immediately in her bathroom and since I didn’t have a spare change of clothes, she lent me a pair of basketball shorts she had that were men’s style. I had to spill the beans that night about everything and I do think it creeped her out b/c we did not have anymore dates after that. Oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, TigerDL, newt and 2 others
I always have a fresh premium diaper on before we head in !
Will have a couple spares in the vehicle just in case, also if needed afterwards !

• Love
Reactions: newt, Edgewater and EcoIncon
I wear a premium thick diaper in and then put a thin diaper (molicare 6d) in each pocket of the cargo shorts/pants I always wear. Avoids the clear bag. Admittedly my pockets look stuffed but no one has ever said anything.

• Love
Reactions: newt and Edgewater
Not a big concert person, hearing issues and a want not to loose any more of that precious ability limits my attending.

The two Posts above provide excellent advice.

Reactions: PaddedRita, AshtonFreecss, EcoIncon and 1 other person
I don't do a lot of concerts anymore but I do have a lot of experience going to football games. The stadium I go to also requires the clear bag, so I always put a spare change between two magazines/programs or whatever so you cant really see it. Works well enough for me.

I am going to a Taylor Swift concert this summer. My fiance sent me an article that a lot of her fans are apparently wearing diapers so they don't have to stand in bathroom lines and miss any of the show. She said its great for me because people will just think I'm a huge fan!

• Haha
Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, CLPP, TigerDL and 2 others
yeah, I think I’m just gonna bring both bags with me and have them both packed one inside the other, if they don’t let me in with the backpacks and I could just pull the scrunchy bag out and have my friend bring the backpack back to the truck. I know they make exceptions to the bag policy for medical stuff. And that’s everything that’s going to be in my backpack, even the sunglasses are a medical necessity, since my main disability is being very visually impaired. Plus I need a place to store my cane anyways . I am definitely planning on wearing super thick diapers like mega Safari with a booster and plastic pants over that to hold everything in place and a onesie over that. I know I’m gonna have to tell security but whatever they’re going to see the bag anyways and no it’s inside. I feel bad for the guy that’s going to give me a pat down check but I’ll tell him ahead of time. I feel bad for all the Taylor Swift fans that don’t have a clue about what diapers to use at a concert they’re going to find out real quick. That depends is not gonna last you three hours.

• Haha
Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, newt and Edgewater
I always bring along a change + wipes and a bag to put my old diaper in. Usually it's BetterDry or MegaMax. I never bring print diapers through a security checkpoint.
Security officers have never given me hassles.

Reactions: EcoIncon, Jonnythepony and Edgewater
For me, I usually end up reviewing the bag policy and determine what type of sack I need. (Most MLB teams make some sort of provision for some sort of diaper or medical bag but check with the venue or team first so that you know the policy and to let them know that you have something with that may be prohibited.). Most venues have to provide some sort of accommodation to be in accordance with the ADA act. Next, for diaper bag, I would bring the bare minimum (a change of one or two diapers disposable, travel size pack of wipes, disposal bag). For me the last time, I made sure that I gone to the bathroom and did not try to drink anything beforehand so as to minimize the risk for leaks and maximize the uses. Finally, I made sure that I was freshly diapered before I went inside so that I didn’t have any issues with a body scanner. Good luck on your concert and I definitely like to see Santana. Oh yeah have fun

Last edited:
Reactions: newt and Edgewater
I've been a few but not big concerts. Usually 3000 are the largest. I was still in grad school in Northwestern. I never had any problems. I always wore a good quality disposable and 2 pretty wide boosters along with plastic pants. The diaper (and the boosters) were good for 8 hours (overkill). Today I prefer smaller venues or music clubs (jazz, blues or orchestra halls). Any large venue shouldn't be an issue. You simply use the right diaper, boosters and plastic pants. You'll be fine.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and Edgewater
nikthewerelion said:
so so I was wondering if any incontinent person who so I am was wondering if any incontinent people who need diapers have gone to concerts with that stupid clear bag policy that they have. How many extra diapers did you bring, did you use a backpack for this and how did that go with security? I am a disabled person who is mostly blind, but also have urinary issues, which means I need diapers. I usually have a backpack with me that carries all my stuff like five pairs of sunglasses, my cane, my meds, some diapers various other things. And I figured out that I cannot fit all this shit in a scrunchy bag. It just doesn’t work. I’m probably going to bring my small backpack that I have and hopefully security will be fine with us., I mean I do have accessible seats anyways. so the situation is this I am going to see Santana and it’s 2 1/2 hours each way plus the time it takes to get in and out of the venue plus the three or four hour concert which means there’s no way that I’m gonna be able to do one diaper for the entire adventure. I’m gonna probably need like at least three diapers with me, I mean good quality ones like Safari and stuff like that.
i do not know what you call the clear bag policy is. i am assuming everything brought into the concert has to be in a clear. i have done concerts and theme parks and always have what i need (wipes, diapers, powder, shorts, etc) in my backpack without any issues. Disney security has opened my backpack many times without issue diapers are not something new they have all seen them before. i would call ahead to the venue check their policy for handicap/special needs. if you have special seating that should help as well. don't be afraid to get to the gate early and let them know up front. everyone has always been professional with me. i also travel quite a bit any time anyone has looked into my backpack they have been respectful. go have fun enjoy and don't worry. these days diapers are not a stocker to those working security.

Reactions: AshtonFreecss and Edgewater
furry121 said:
Safari is a good one I wish they had all white version.
What eye condition do u have mine is rop. I have stress incontinence bladder.
And urge .
Santana is good would love to go to that concert. Need ear plugs tho don't wanna be deaf and blinder right eye is blah.
Your online name sounds really familiar? Are u a furry do I know u?

Stryker is my name furry wise
rearz does have an all white diaper.

to the person who was wondering about my eye condition, I can’t find the original post with your question, but I’ll answer it here. I have what they used to call our OP retinopathy of prematurity. I’m lucky to be alive. I am fully blind in one eye, and the other either still has vision is now pretty bad, like 2800 or something and my vision is not clear at all so I now use a cane and have a bunch of sunglasses depending on the lighting condition. I take all these meds for type two diabetes now which is happened in the past few years and my bladder situation is just ridiculous so if you combine that with having very low vision, I just assume more diapers it just makes things a hell of a lot easier. and of course, with all the diabetes meds, there’s the possibility of having accidents of the other kind. Doesn’t really happen too often for me, but since I’m in Diapers 24 seven at least I don’t need to really worry. I don’t really do a lot a big concerts, but the month of August is gonna be ridiculous for me. Seeing or I should really say listening to Santana is going to be probably one of the best concert going experiences I would’ve had in my whole life. And I will be talking about it forever. Just to have the experience of that will be worth it in another’s self. yes the diapers that I have in my bag will absolutely be all white. However, I am going to be wearing a mega Safari and a booster pad and all that during the actual show. most of the shows I see on a regular basis for smaller shows at Denny’s. It holds between 120 and 900 people. The other two big concerts in August that I’m going to our Queens of the Stone Age and mastadon. But that will be at an arena. The Santana show is it an outdoor place that holds like 15,000 people and it will be the first time I’ve ever been there it’s within my state but it’s also almost 3 hours away in one direction. So that’s why I definitely need two extra diapers for the trip.

Hope you enjoy the show! Huge Santana fan, went to see him when I was a kid way back in 2006!

In terms of the bag policy, my advice would be to try and get a doctor's note. I went to see Roger Waters at The O2 in London recently which effectively has a no bags policy and brought a bag with spare supplies in and no one said anything (I do find though that being in a wheelchair, most of the time I just get waved through). To be on the safe side, I did bring a GP letter (which is a couple of years old now) just to be on the safe side. Haven't had issues anywhere.

Last edited:
I may be the exception, but I always go back stage to concerts (I'm in the industry) but they have security there too. But noone has ever looked into anything in my wheelchair.

So, no one seems to check my wheelchair much at all, even the airports barely check.

This all may be because in the concerts I know a lot of the artists personally or professionally, and talk/act as such.

Most good security staff eventually clue into people being worried or scared acting towards security, yes it's profiling, but not per race or looks, but by actions. I know the security I use at my place get attuned into people that act as if they are supposed to be here and just have no worries or aversions towards the security.

Most the time, people worried about security stick out quite well

Just my 2 cents.

Bring a non clear bag, and diapers, and have the security guy check it, they wont have any real issue, i doubt they want any issues in any way with the ADA or alike. Usually they go into the normal speech, till you show them what is in the bag and then they end up getting a bit befuddled and finally apologize and let you go.

• Love
These venues will make an exception for medical needs, eg small backpacks so long as the primary need is for incontinence supplies. They'll usually provide an inspection tag so you don't get bothered in the venue.

My service dog also has saddle bags, that I use to carry wipes/powder and a clean change.

Starting my day with a premium brief and tons of stuffers make it to where I rarely need to change if the event is less than 10-12 hours.

Reactions: puravidadip and Edgewater
In regards too concerts or festivals , personally I haven't done this but I know folks who have warn for the entire duration in going as they don't want to go in the provided toilets. , , next door to me there is a maintaince firm and the secretary refuses too use the toilet onsite as the guys there are animals , she reckons, so she bought some pull ups and goes in them instead. Which she told me about. It was one of them convos which kinda led too it all.

So maybe you could take 2-3 and change periodically?

I have your answer friend! OK I've been to four large concerts this year. Two nights at Red Rocks, one night at a 10,000 person indoor venue and one night at a 30,000 outdoor venue. For the indoor event I went to in February I use a Scott eVest coat and have 2 diapers, wipes, disposal bags, ointment in the coat. Yes, it all fits. Recommend going BIG. Buy Trest and use a booster. Worth it.

For Red Rocks and the other outdoor venue, I bring a concert approved clear bag, and have 2 diapers to change, each inside of a large disposal bag (see link below). That combo of each diaper packet is then inside of a grocery bag, so I can discreetly pull them out, change and toss. I had to change my Trest diaper twice at Red Rocks due to water/beer consumption. Probably only needed to change once but I was very self conscious about it and thought I was about to have a BM as well. Some venues allow tote bags too. Just check the venue. I also have hemorroids and IBS so thats my excuse. I need wipes and meds. Plus I have snacks and water, etc in my bag, plus cheap ponchos I can share if it rains, plus a personal coat (the scott e vest) so its useful.

Now for the 30,000 venue place a friend of mind kept on asking what was in my bag on the walk in which got annoying. I had an anxiety attack and never answered him but told him essentially to f off. That was frustrating but it is what it is. Go figure I never needed a change that concert.

See my links below; I don't have any code that pays me for links just FYI sharing what worked for me.

For super small venues or standing room only, a bag is tough, so for those, I had boosters I would not stick to the diaper and pull them out and put them in a grocery bag I kept in my pocket and tossed them in the trash in the bathroom. Works pretty well.

Hope this helps! I've put much thought into this!!

Coat:
https://www.scottevest.com/products/pack-windbreaker?variant=42345978724567

Clear Bag:

Disposal Bags:

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL and Edgewater
Was at a concert in Dublin. September past with 90k capacity audiance, and was away from home for 16hrs.
So had back pack with spare nappies and clothes with me.
But had contacted the promotion team and they advised me to entry through a specific gate for the bag to be search. The minute the security guard see the nappies he waved us through

Reactions: puravidadip and Edgewater
Back