Diapers and trucking OTR

Mauiman said:
Pretty good stuff to read considering that I'm thinking about getting CDL on and off and such. Though, I'm trying to look for a good company that will actually help me get through school for CDL Class A.
I did school with CRST. PRIME is also doing a school. There may be others (like cr England who's trying to pay people 14 cents a mile out the scholl)

Reactions: Mauiman
I drove for Werner very last, they were fine to work for and easy to get along with, it was some of the places they sent you that sucked. My brother in law is currently an owner operator with them using my truck on a dedicated southeast run. My best friend did CRST for a few years and really liked it and they covered 100% of his education to be a driver. I can tell anyone interested to steer clear of Swift and Western Express. If you need to know why just watch a few episodes of bonehead truckers on you tube.

KenworthW900b said:
I drove for Werner very last, they were fine to work for and easy to get along with, it was some of the places they sent you that sucked. My brother in law is currently an owner operator with them using my truck on a dedicated southeast run. My best friend did CRST for a few years and really liked it and they covered 100% of his education to be a driver. I can tell anyone interested to steer clear of Swift and Western Express. If you need to know why just watch a few episodes of bonehead truckers on you tube

Ahem may I quote the swift motto/creed

"See what I fucked up today"

Mauiman said:
Pretty good stuff to read considering that I'm thinking about getting CDL on and off and such. Though, I'm trying to look for a good company that will actually help me get through school for CDL Class A.
There are lots of them out there that will pay for your truck driving school if you sign a contract to drive for a year or 2. If you quit early they keep your certificate of CDL driver school. Most large companies require 2 years experience or drivers school. The companies like walmart wont even look at you if you don't have 10 years. But you very rarely see them up side down in a ditch either. IT can be a very good job if you are single. Say you make 100k a year you live out of the truck and and have zero cost except food and showers many showers are free with fuel. But say you spend 1200 a month on food and occasional lodgings which much you can right off your taxes you still will put $85,600 in the bank every year. Do that 10 years at age 20 and at age 30 you are set with over 800k in the bank. It's a easy goal if you stay single and keep the wheels turning. I unfortunately was married the entire time I drove. The money is good but it is a hard life for married couples and the home daily jobs never pay as good as the OTR. You should look into it for real.

SapphireGlitter said:
I'm also curious how many diapers people would go through in a month trucking, I wouldnt want to run out, yet I dont want to crowd the truck with it since theres me and the co driver
I need to find a team driver it want one in diapers like I am. Any ideas on where to look? I work for a smaller company and am diaper dependent but want a team driver to keep the truck moving.

diaperedtranstrucker said:
I need to find a team driver it want one in diapers like I am. Any ideas on where to look? I work for a smaller company and am diaper dependent but want a team driver to keep the truck moving.
Good luck with that. I have no Idea how you would do that without putting yourself out there. I mean Maybe you could find a friend here to give it a go. But I to be honest out of all the drivers I helped train over the years I can think of maybe 5 besides myself that I could trust to sleep when the wheels was turning. So diapers was only one reason I never wanted to team drive. I have had a few trips with another driver but I always kept it to myself and changed in truck stop showers or when they was fueling the truck and so on. I know this I would not trust anyone that did not have 5 years of driving cross country and in ice, snow, and mountains. That or can not go in reverse. It amazes me how fast these truck school put people out there that cant even find a gear. You are braver than me.

But welcome to the community. Lots of great members and I hope to see you stick around.

Back