BreezySkies

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Other
Hi everyone, I figured this would be a good place to ask and was wanting to know if wearing diapers while trucking would work out since I'm getting my A Class CDL in a few weeks and I'd like to wear 24/7 while doing it

Are there any issues with wearing or using diapers while trucking? What happens if you use your diaper and have to go to the terminal or meet someone for drop off/pick ups? (Should you change before you do that?)

Should I not wear if I'm in a team truck with another person?

How often do you get to change and would that cause an issue with getting rash or anything?

Anything I didn't think of or should know/take into consideration would also be appreciated in advance, thanks everyone

Last edited:
I drove otr for a few years, mainly southeast but made several runs in the southwest and all up and down the California coast. Due to incontinence I was padded for all of it the hardest part is keeping enough diapers with you in the limited space you have inside the truck. I had to learn to scout out places where I could buy decent diapers and be able to park a 70 foot long vehicle and visited xp medical in Ventura California several times. I don't recommend team driving personally but that's partially because I didn't like the idea of people I didn't know driving my truck. Also i changed whenever I stopped somewhere or I'd stop if I needed a change.

Reactions: mmhjy, Deleted member 57387 and BreezySkies
SapphireGlitter said:
Hi everyone, I figured this would be a good place to ask and was wanting to know if wearing diapers while trucking would work out since I'm getting my A Class CDL in a few weeks and I'd like to wear 24/7 while doing it

Are there any issues with wearing or using diapers while trucking? What happens if you use your diaper and have to go to the terminal or meet someone for drop off/pick ups? (Should you change before you do that?)

Should I not wear if I'm in a team truck with another person?

How often do you get to change and would that cause an issue with getting rash or anything?

Anything I didn't think of or should know/take into consideration would also be appreciated in advance, thanks everyone
Hell yes I got over a million miles in my life in a diaper for sure. I haven't driven since 2012 or so but I use to get pissed if I didn't get 3200 miles in a week. most the time it was no problem. I was always a top earner. I would always try to drive 5 or 6 hours without stopping some times more. Of course that was pre electronic logs and I was king of re writing a log book. Loose leaf logs was my friend because if you use a binded book they can tell if you tear a page out. But you will figure out your own bad habits I am sure. But I totally recommend them and if you every get in a LA traffic jam you will really appreciate them. Its easy to throw them out at the truck stops. But I only stopped once a day to get fuel and once to stretch the legs. I wish to hell I was healthy enough to still do it. I didn't let my license go but I on SSD. Also a tip for a new CDL at most hotels having a CDL will get you a 10 to 15% discount. I was a spoiled driver most my stuff was drop and hook and every 3 to 4 days I got a hotel to get a real nights rest and good shower. But truck stop showers are pretty decent at most places. If you ever have any questions PM me.

Also one more piece of advice. really learn and understand those air brakes and how to adjust them and use them. so many drivers are clueless and you will pick up a trailer or get in a truck that is to loose and needs adjusting. Learn to do it. It is the drivers job to know not just the mechanic. I had a rookie driver once go down cabbage in Oregon and burned up every brake and was doing 80mph at one point with a 75k gross weight. He is lucky to be alive. It is like 6 or 8 miles of non stop switch back 6% grade without a break. posted speed for 70 to 80k was 17 mph. Most trucks have a gauge that shows how much pressure you put to your brakes. Be sure to keep a eye on it when mountain driving. If it starts taking more pressure to slow you down then your brakes are getting hot and fading. 10 to 15psi is normal braking but if you get over 30psi you are getting in trouble. I trained probably 40 to 50 drivers in my day and most right out of school and they didn't teach them any of the important things like mountain driving. So make sure you really understand it and stab braking and all that important stuff that keeps you alive. Ask your trainer everything you can. Then every time you are with a experienced driver try to learn something new. Not trying to scare you because it can be a great job but many people doing it don't need to be and they are the ones you see upside down in a ditch. I wish you the best let me know how you like it and if the diapers work for you. like I said you are welcome to PM me with questions about driving or diapers. I here to make friends.

Reactions: DLDonny, Deleted member 57387, WillFord384 and 1 other person
Diaperman95 said:
Also one more piece of advice. really learn and understand those air brakes and how to adjust them and use them. so many drivers are clueless and you will pick up a trailer or get in a truck that is to loose and needs adjusting. Learn to do it. It is the drivers job to know not just the mechanic. I had a rookie driver once go down cabbage in Oregon and burned up every brake and was doing 80mph at one point with a 75k gross weight. He is lucky to be alive. It is like 6 or 8 miles of non stop switch back 6% grade without a break. posted speed for 70 to 80k was 17 mph. Most trucks have a gauge that shows how much pressure you put to your brakes. Be sure to keep a eye on it when mountain driving. If it starts taking more pressure to slow you down then your brakes are getting hot and fading. 10 to 15psi is normal braking but if you get over 30psi you are getting in trouble
That sounds like advise and knowledge they'd teach you in CDL school, is it not? How dose one burn out all brakes on his truck? Seems like he had a bad instructor that didn't teach him about that.

Antientmariner said:
That sounds like advise and knowledge they'd teach you in CDL school, is it not? How dose one burn out all brakes on his truck? Seems like he had a bad instructor that didn't teach him about that.
'he was actually a temporary drive sent by a temp company and he could not shift or back for shit. I never wanted to use him but he all they had to give us. So we was in a spot and my boss told me to send him we have insurance. I sure did not want to and but I had a boss too. Bad idea we could of killed a lot of people. after that the boss let me do my job . But I hired that young guy a few weeks later and we put some time in with him and made him a full time driver. He turned out to be a real good driver.

Most truck driving schools teach the log books and rules of the road and the state and federals laws. Then they teach you about the truck and basic air brake knowledge. Then they teach them how to shit kinda shity gears and drive a truck and then they learn to back and tow a trailer.. But like this young man he lives in Florida. The only mountains they have is space mountain.🤣 So they can teach him in a book in the class part before ever driving. Then they have to be able retain that info plus everything else that they learned that day but would never get to practice in real life because there are no mountains. so yes unless you go to truck school by in a mountain range you have a huge dis advantage going over a grade. That's what made me so mad about this kid I set him in a truck cab and said we are this heavy and going down this long of a slope how fast are you going to go down it and explain step by step. does if he use a engine brake and watch his brake pressure when he is just setting there. he said I go over it in 8th and then I say we are doing 40 and climbing so I would hold my brakes and keep it under control on the way down. he sad.

So truck driving schools I never had good luck. with. that and the damn double clutch BS they do I make them stop that double pedal shift. when I teach them I get so much praise for teaching them how to float gears and not use a clutch.

As for burning up brakes its easy you cant just put them on and hold them going down a steep grade they get so hot they can blow a part glow and catch fire. They do teach it in a classroom but if you are learning in a flat state not much you can do for a real life experience.
well to brake safely on a incline You have to stab brake get on them hard get to a safe speed then get off them grades so they can cool faster. If using your gears and engine break you can stop it from creeping up to fast. Once you reach what you unsafe speed is top speed id get on the brakes firm again until you slow enough an then let them cool. would not get . he stated how he would just hold his brakes going down is what he said he would do. But then we let him make the run And he did it for real he almost killed many people. when he went past the to run off runawy ramps he said he was doing 75when he passed the last runaway gravel ramp. why who knows why he did not play safe and go in it.
I still wish I would of stood up. But it worked out I molded and made him into one hard working man who turned out to be a good driver.

Reactions: BreezySkies, WillFord384 and theancientmariner
Diaperman95 said:
'he was actually a temporary drive sent by a temp company and he could not shift or back for shit. I never wanted to use him but he all they had to give us. So we was in a spot and my boss told me to send him we have insurance. I sure did not want to and but I had a boss too. Bad idea we could of killed a lot of people. after that the boss let me do my job . But I hired that young guy a few weeks later and we put some time in with him and made him a full time driver. He turned out to be a real good driver.

Most truck driving schools teach the log books and rules of the road and the state and federals laws. Then they teach you about the truck and basic air brake knowledge. Then they teach them how to shit kinda shity gears and drive a truck and then they learn to back and tow a trailer.. But like this young man he lives in Florida. The only mountains they have is space mountain.🤣 So they can teach him in a book in the class part before ever driving. Then they have to be able retain that info plus everything else that they learned that day but would never get to practice in real life because there are no mountains. so yes unless you go to truck school by in a mountain range you have a huge dis advantage going over a grade. That's what made me so mad about this kid I set him in a truck cab and said we are this heavy and going down this long of a slope how fast are you going to go down it and explain step by step. does if he use a engine brake and watch his brake pressure when he is just setting there. he said I go over it in 8th and then I say we are doing 40 and climbing so I would hold my brakes and keep it under control on the way down. he sad.

So truck driving schools I never had good luck. with. that and the damn double clutch BS they do I make them stop that double pedal shift. when I teach them I get so much praise for teaching them how to float gears and not use a clutch.

As for burning up brakes its easy you cant just put them on and hold them going down a steep grade they get so hot they can blow a part glow and catch fire. They do teach it in a classroom but if you are learning in a flat state not much you can do for a real life experience.
well to brake safely on a incline You have to stab brake get on them hard get to a safe speed then get off them grades so they can cool faster. If using your gears and engine break you can stop it from creeping up to fast. Once you reach what you unsafe speed is top speed id get on the brakes firm again until you slow enough an then let them cool. would not get . he stated how he would just hold his brakes going down is what he said he would do. But then we let him make the run And he did it for real he almost killed many people. when he went past the to run off runawy ramps he said he was doing 75when he passed the last runaway gravel ramp. why who knows why he did not play safe and go in it.
I still wish I would of stood up. But it worked out I molded and made him into one hard working man who turned out to be a good driver.
so if you live in a state or area that's flat, you shouldn't learn how to truck drive there. I used to drive box trucks for Amazon, but left that field when I realized it wasn't for me

It would be my advice to spend a couple of years learning all the aspects of driving that driving school didn’t teach you before you included the added distraction of wearing diapers. I never wore when I drove but I haven’t driven a truck since Thanksgiving Day 1990, but I do talk with friends that still drive almost daily. Once again I say learn the job, its ins and outs before you add the distraction of diapers, especially in a team environment.

Antientmariner said:
so if you live in a state or area that's flat, you shouldn't learn how to truck drive there. I used to drive box trucks for Amazon, but left that field when I realized it wasn't for me
No just saying you may never get to really experience mountain driving except in a book if you live in a flat state. And most companies make sure you are trained proper but especially some smaller companies will take a warm body with a CDL. Like my boss did. You be surprised some of the stories these people do. I had a temp driver once got into mandatory chains in the snow and I had to pay for her chains to be put on and then she didn't take them off she drove 60 mph with them on and flung them off ripping my mud flaps and the aluminum stairs on the back of the cab. So they don't teach a fraction of what you need to know. the more you learn the better is the way I always see it. I just making sure he understand air brakes because they are a different beast all together and people not understanding how to use and adjust has killed so many people. Ask anyone who ever trained new drives out of truck school. they cant drive for shit. It takes tons of practice and experience to be good at it and safe. I just don't want no one to become a statistic.

It's for sure not for everyone. and box delivery is a lot of work.

Reactions: WillFord384
Zeke said:
It would be my advice to spend a couple of years learning all the aspects of driving that driving school didn’t teach you before you included the added distraction of wearing diapers. I never wore when I drove but I haven’t driven a truck since Thanksgiving Day 1990, but I do talk with friends that still drive almost daily. Once again I say learn the job, its ins and outs before you add the distraction of diapers, especially in a team environment.
I never had a choice because diapers are a part of me have been since teen years. But I can see your point. There is a lot to pay attention too behind the wheel of a large truck. It makes me so mad when I see drivers texting or reading a book. Man I check my mirrors about every 20 seconds I just would not live with myself if I killed someone because I was distracted.

Diaperman95 said:
Also one more piece of advice. really learn and understand those air brakes and how to adjust them and use them. so many drivers are clueless and you will pick up a trailer or get in a truck that is to loose and needs adjusting. Learn to do it. It is the drivers job to know not just the mechanic
We just were instructed to call the company if it happens, the said if the truck has anything wrong dont fix it unless its lights or fluids being fuel, DEF, Reefer fuel or oil/coolant/power steering. Dont mess with the brakes or anything that isnt covered in pre trip

I'm also curious how many diapers people would go through in a month trucking, I wouldnt want to run out, yet I dont want to crowd the truck with it since theres me and the co driver

Last edited:
SapphireGlitter said:
We just were instructed to call the company if it happens, the said if the truck has anything wrong dont fix it unless its lights or fluids being fuel, DEF, Reefer fuel or oil/coolant/power steering. Dont mess with the brakes or anything that isnt covered in pre trip
Brakes use to be covered in a pre trip and you had to explain how to adjust them to pass the pre cab walk around test. It takes abut 60 seconds per axel to adjust but if you want to hang out for half a day waiting on someone else so be it. Use to during the walk around with the instructor on your test you are required to place your hand on the slack adjuster to demonstrate you knew what it was. IT was that way when I took mine in the 90s. So Bakes are no loner pre trip? that's the first I have heard that. since half the in-cab pre test has to do with pumping the brakes down and watch the time it takes or the compressor to recover after the spring brakes pop. It's a pretty important thing to know and if you don't know how to check them then how do you no when to call the mechanic to come adjust them? If you are waiting until they feel soft you will be to late? It's one of the single most important parts of the braking system and understanding how it al works is important for several reasons.

Why not soak up all the knowledge you can. I not saying you have to get down on your back every day because their are guys with jobs that do that. But a little extra knowledge on keeping a 80 ton rolling diesel stopping good is never going to hurt your career only help it.

They did not have the same great options we have today but I also limit my drinking during the day some but took in a lot of liquid when stopped for the evening but I would imagine a couple of mega max a day should get you most days.

A lot of people, my self included, can use a diaper no problem… but once in the drivers seat of a moving vehicle it becomes very difficult, or impossible, to release your bladder. Are you sure you can pee while at the wheel and in motion?

New trucks today have self adjusting slack adjusters so setting them up is no longer a weekly event according to a friend that still driving. He also says that all their new equipment is coming with disc brakes rather than drum brakes and anti-lock brakes have become standard. I’m old enough to remember when the DOT required anti-lock brakes on new trailers in the late ‘70s. They were so bad that companies would buy new trailers with the kits to remove the anti-lock system. I used to run heavy haul for much of the time I drove and my company had some old double drop trailers with those little donut tires. They were used before they came out with the low profile 11-22.5’s and I could just barely slide under the axles with those tires to setup the brakes. I had several friends with beer bellies that couldn’t get under them and they had to drive the trailer up on wood stakes, that we carried on our trailers, to have enough clearance to get under them.

Zeke said:
New trucks today have self adjusting slack adjusters so setting them up is no longer a weekly event according to a friend that still driving. He also says that all their new equipment is coming with disc brakes rather than drum brakes and anti-lock brakes have become standard. I’m old enough to remember when the DOT required anti-lock brakes on new trailers in the late ‘70s. They were so bad that companies would buy new trailers with the kits to remove the anti-lock system. I used to run heavy haul for much of the time I drove and my company had some old double drop trailers with those little donut tires. They were used before they came out with the low profile 11-22.5’s and I could just barely slide under the axles with those tires to setup the brakes. I had several friends with beer bellies that couldn’t get under them and they had to drive the trailer up on wood stakes, that we carried on our trailers, to have enough clearance to get under them.
they can still get out of adjustment especially if there is a issue. But yes I realize things are better than they once was. They was automictic adjusters in most everything I pulled and drove as they was required by Dot in the mid 90.s I just saying the more you know the better the asset you can be. just another feather in the hat.

Diaperman95 said:
So Bakes are no loner pre trip

They are were just told to not work them ourselves. It's all there on pre trip and the standard hasnt changed (except for pre trip test is no longer the entire truck/trailer but only one section, despite still needing to know it all)

If the trailer or truck need work like fixing landing gear, brakes or anything besides basically fluids or lights then call the company, especially since we dont have tools or equipment on the truck besides the emergency equipment, 4 way, a screwdriver and snow chains and our chains are optional bc company says they cant force us to drive snow

Diaperman95 said:
they can still get out of adjustment especially if there is a issue. But yes I realize things are better than they once was. They was automictic adjusters in most everything I pulled and drove as they was required by Dot in the mid 90.s I just saying the more you know the better the asset you can be. just another feather in the hat.
The last day that I drove was Thanksgiving Day 1990 so I wasn’t around when the DOT began requiring automatic slack adjusters. I have a friend who’s truck is governed for 66 mph and he calls to break the boredom, especially when heading west. This is how I manage to keep up in what’s happening in the industry by listening to his complaints mostly. He says it’s downright embarrassing when school buses pass him when he’s on the interstate in Nebraska. With the GPS that’s available they could easily have computers adjust the speed limit of trucks to match the existing speed limit in effect on road you’re operating on. In some states that would give him considerably more speed than he has now. His truck is geared insanely high as he’s only turning about 1250 rpm at 66 mph.

Last edited:
I also have drivers tell me its bs the DOT doesnt approve more backroads for truck routes, it would cut shipping times a lot I'm told. And have people who pretty much take backroads

Pretty good stuff to read considering that I'm thinking about getting CDL on and off and such. Though, I'm trying to look for a good company that will actually help me get through school for CDL Class A.

Back