Diaper sounds

JoeMusic1976

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I had to resort to buying a pack of TotalDry X-Plus for the time
that BetterDry was out of stock everywhere.
One thing I noticed about their plastic backing is, that it's not textured.
I'm not a fan of landing zones either but not hearing that wooshing sound
when pulling my jogging pants over my butt after getting up makes the whole
experience miss that little something.

What's your favorite diaper sounds?
Crinkling? The noise the plastic's texture makes?
Or the tapes being undone when changing?

• Love
Reactions: AlwaysInDiapers, ChristianDiaperLover, soggybottoms8882 and 4 others
JoeMusic1976 said:

Yeah I’m into that subtle rustle when walking with a good diaper like a Confidry 247. There are times however when I’m self conscious of the noise and a Tena is more appropriate.

Reactions: JunkyardDog1, soggybottoms8882, warmfeeling and 3 others
I like all sounds plastic backed diapers make; crinkling every where I waddle, the sounds of tapes being either torn off or fastened.

Reactions: BabyLouise, Seabear, soggybottoms8882 and 6 others
I like hearing the faint sound of the plastic crinkling as you walk and sit down.
Also all the sound you make when putting one on.
And even better, but more rare: a diaper with plastic so thin, when you mess, you can hear the plastic crinkling around as it makes room for your mess.
Also when you really have to go, you can hear and see the pee saturating the plastic as you go.
But I don't even know of any diaper for the last 2. Besides I don't even wear thin diapers.

Reactions: PrincessNozomi, Seabear, soggybottoms8882 and 5 others
I pretty much love any sound coming from my diapees, especially the crinkling produced by movement/shifting positions... also sometimes I get to hear the hissing sound when I go peepee, which puts me on cloud nine... but nothing sounds better than diapee pats!

• Love
Reactions: Dragon64, warmfeeling, theancientmariner and 2 others
i like a lot of the sounds associated with them but tapes and crinkles have to be at the top

Reactions: Dragon64, warmfeeling, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
JoeMusic1976 said:

I would have to say that I live the sounds of the tapes and the buttery smooth crinkle of LFB diapers

Reactions: warmfeeling and Jorelaxed
The crinkle sound is part of the experience for me. I guess that's why I don't like cloth backed stuff, even if there is a very slight noise produced by them.

The textured plastic though...I hate it being rough like fine sand paper. It does something to my senses. I want it as smooth as possible.

Reactions: Ortler, warmfeeling, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
quartz200420012 said:
The crinkle sound is part of the experience for me. I guess that's why I don't like cloth backed stuff, even if there is a very slight noise produced by them.

The textured plastic though...I hate it being rough like fine sand paper. It does something to my senses. I want it as smooth as possible.
Yeah I grew up in 80's Pampers and it's the crinkle, the tapes being undone and even the unfolding of a fresh diaper.
And sometimes I reenact the old routines from back in the day when my mom used to diaper me before bed.
Like taking a shower before, then putting the diaper on and then brushing my teeth. Stuff like that.
It's definitely a form of time travel.
But the crinkle and the noise the textured plastic backing makes when pulling PJ bottoms up over the diaper.

Reactions: Subtlerustle and warmfeeling
JoeMusic1976 said:
Yeah I grew up in 80's Pampers and it's the crinkle, the tapes being undone and even the unfolding of a fresh diaper.
And sometimes I reenact the old routines from back in the day when my mom used to diaper me before bed.
Like taking a shower before, then putting the diaper on and then brushing my teeth. Stuff like that.
It's definitely a form of time travel.
But the crinkle and the noise the textured plastic backing makes when pulling PJ bottoms up over the diaper.
Yes love it I grew up in pampers till age 6 then youth disposable diapers till teend bedwetter.yes the tape ripping off the diaper and how mom fanned diaper out to slide under you.of course the crinkle under jammies as you ran about and played

Reactions: JoeMusic1976 and warmfeeling
Crinkly diapers was one of the main appealing things about diapers. As a child I loved all the sensory things about diapers, smooth shiny plastic, swishy surface, thick bulky padding, tape sounds ripping off or fastening on, diaper scent, and of course all that tell tale crinkle. I always remember that crinkly sound as I ran around the house as a child. Heard it all the time. It definitely made me so aware of diapers and liking them til this day. Theres many who want quiet or discreet diapers but not me. I love noisy crinkly diapers! I do love that slight swishy sound and remember my Attends diapers were actually a very shiny smooth surface. The smooth surface made it easy to peel off and retape the diapers.

Reactions: Ortler, JoeMusic1976 and warmfeeling
MikeDJ said:
Crinkly diapers was one of the main appealing things about diapers. As a child I loved all the sensory things about diapers, smooth shiny plastic, swishy surface, thick bulky padding, tape sounds ripping off or fastening on, diaper scent, and of course all that tell tale crinkle. I always remember that crinkly sound as I ran around the house as a child. Heard it all the time. It definitely made me so aware of diapers and liking them til this day. Theres many who want quiet or discreet diapers but not me. I love noisy crinkly diapers! I do love that slight swishy sound and remember my Attends diapers were actually a very shiny smooth surface. The smooth surface made it easy to peel off and retape the diapers.
I miss the scent for sure as well. I even want to say that back in the day, the scent was so strong that you could smell it from some distance.
I may be wrong but for some reason I remember that.
I have an experience with the old end 80s Attends as well.
We went on a weeklong fieldtrip with our class and one other kid was a heavy bedwetter like I was.
I still (!) fit in the largest Pampers back then but he was a tall, lanky dude and he had Attends to wear to bed.
Those were really loud and crinkly and of course were absolutely impossible to hide
under those tight 80s PJs that were in fashion back then.
He went to the bathroom down the hall in our hostel and came back
all waddly and crinkly.

I'm all about the crinkle sound and look for a diaper that has the best plastic for best crinkles. It's definitely a sensory thing. Unfortunately I have discovered that ABDL diapers with the plastic landing zone that have superb plastic for crinkles the plastic landing zone seems to drown out the crinkle from the diaper itself. BareBum, PeekAbus and Simple Ultra diapers are a classic example. The landing zone plastic is extremely crinkly but a different sounding crinkle.
I'm still stuck on the crinkle of the white 6 tape Attends of the late 90s early 2000s. That is the crinkle I long for.

To me there are many things about diapers that are sensory but the crinkle tops the list.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeMusic1976
Nowididit said:
I'm all about the crinkle sound and look for a diaper that has the best plastic for best crinkles. It's definitely a sensory thing. Unfortunately I have discovered that ABDL diapers with the plastic landing zone that have superb plastic for crinkles the plastic landing zone seems to drown out the crinkle from the diaper itself. BareBum, PeekAbus and Simple Ultra diapers are a classic example. The landing zone plastic is extremely crinkly but a different sounding crinkle.
I'm still stuck on the crinkle of the white 6 tape Attends of the late 90s early 2000s. That is the crinkle I long for.
Personally I'm not a landing zone kind of guy.
I am more for second chance tapes due to the fact that
the landing zone does change all that, plus opening tapes from a landing zone
is anything but discreet.
Second chance tapes are much quieter.
This is especially interesting when changing in public which I usually do
when I stay over night on my boat and I put my diaper on after taking a shower before bed,
and then the next morning again to change out of the diaper.
Landing zones are just noisy in general, but IMHO not a "good" noisy.

Nowididit said:

To me there are many things about diapers that are sensory but the crinkle tops the list.
Its interesting that you mention about that stiff tape zone. It does kinda drown out the crinkles of the whole diaper. Thats why I liked Confi Dry, it was crinkly and no stiff tape zone. I did try to peel off the tape zone but its very hard to do that. I do for some reason have success doing it with the Pink Princess diapers. I can carefully remove it with no problem and then can wear them and be in crinkle heaven.

MikeDJ said:
Its interesting that you mention about that stiff tape zone. It does kinda drown out the crinkles of the whole diaper. Thats why I liked Confi Dry, it was crinkly and no stiff tape zone. I did try to peel off the tape zone but its very hard to do that. I do for some reason have success doing it with the Pink Princess diapers. I can carefully remove it with no problem and then can wear them and be in crinkle heaven.
Oh ok. I have tried that too with the TotalDry X-Plus, but not luck without tearing the actual backing.
I'm just glad I'm back in my favorite diaper, which is the BetterDry.
Some people don't like them but they work really well for me and they fit me very well.
Basically just a testament how there is no "perfect diaper".
Other people love plastic-backed Abri Form which does not work for me at all
and I had the most leaks with those.
Both very comfortable and crinkly and fluffy diapers though :)

Most likely the crinkling for me. But if I want to be discreet than I hate the crinkle 😂

As someone who prefers cloth diapers, i enjoy the "swish" sound of my plastic pants as they rub between my legs

JoeMusic1976 said:
Personally I'm not a landing zone kind of guy.
I am more for second chance tapes due to the fact that
the landing zone does change all that, plus opening tapes from a landing zone
is anything but discreet.
Second chance tapes are much quieter.
This is especially interesting when changing in public which I usually do
when I stay over night on my boat and I put my diaper on after taking a shower before bed,
and then the next morning again to change out of the diaper.
Landing zones are just noisy in general, but IMHO not a "good" noisy.
I am "only" incontinent and not a DL at all, but i am the same opinion with you on this.

I do like plastic back diapers and i do not dislike the crinkle, at least as long as i am at home. Outside i do prefer do be as discrete as possible.
We are same age (think so) and i was raised with the first one way Pampers available back than, my mother was very "modern". I think there is something deep down that says this kind of noise is something good or nothing to worry about.
I can not explain that and until i got incontinent five years ago never had a thought about that kind of noise at all.
As an incontinent person i do like the Megamax or InControl diapers for some occasions very much, but the landing zone and that harsh noise placing or replacing the tapes does bother me when not at home. So the Betterdry (Day) is much better in this, i use them not only at home and even go to doctors appointments with them when necessary.

Diaper sounds - there's only one that I'm loud and proud about. It's the hissing sound of when you fill your diaper up. That's pretty naughty to me and knowing that others might hear it too, makes it even better... 😈 hehe 😊

Back