Cruise diapers

I've been on many cruises, and no issues at all. Just the same as staying in a hotel except better. There are trash cans around the ship if you don't want to use your cabin's trash can. All public rest rooms have trash cans and almost always the pool deck has recycle centers, which include a place for general trash. The better part? The cabin attendants are genuinely trying to make their service stand out. They want a good tip but more importantly, they want a high rating and excellent review after the cruise. Their job literally depends on it. So they're very accommodating. As well as, on most cruise lines, cabins are cleaned twice a day, so your diapers won't sit for very long before they are collected.

Reactions: Jamas, canyon and AttilaThePun
Got a cruise coming up in February on the carnival breeze. I'm planning on bringing a plastic mattress protector and my Goodnites bedmats along with my pull-ups and diapers.

Reactions: goodniteswearer89 and abdl86
I'm away very soon on the cruise and packing some wth us so thank you all for reassurance.

Babybear2006 said:
Got a cruise coming up in February on the carnival breeze. I'm planning on bringing a plastic mattress protector and my Goodnites bedmats along with my pull-ups and diapers.
I think I was on that same cruise. We went on one at the end of February on carnival breeze.

Jamas said:
I'm away very soon on the cruise and packing some wth us so thank you all for reassurance.
Be sure to ask in advance for the rubber mattress protector and it will be on your bed under the sheet when you arrive.

goodniteswearer89 said:
I think I was on that same cruise. We went on one at the end of February on carnival breeze.
I went February 12 to 17th

Love cruises. We just got back from one to Bermuda this past Sunday.

Babybear2006 said:
I went February 12 to 17th
We went right after that we went February 17th-23rd.

Reactions: Babybear2006
goodniteswearer89 said:
We went right after that we went February 17th-23rd.
That was my first cruise and have already booked a second cruise for June 28th 2025

Reactions: goodniteswearer89
Babybear2006 said:
That was my first cruise and have already booked a second cruise for June 28th 2025
Nice. That was my first cruise also and we are trying to figure out when we can go again Also cause we had a good time minus getting seasick half of the cruise cause of a storm.

I've taken diapers with me on cruises before and didn't even have issues wearing them. I always cruise Royal Caribbean if anyone is curious. Going on one at the end of the month.

If you are flying to a port and staying at a hotel the night before. You can call you hotel and ask to have a package shipped to them. Sometimes they are okay with it. You ship your diapers to the hotel. Then you don’t have to worry about flying with them

Reactions: DLScottsman
goodniteswearer89 said:
Nice. That was my first cruise also and we are trying to figure out when we can go again Also cause we had a good time minus getting seasick half of the cruise cause of a storm.
I rarely get sea sick but I also go offshore fishing out of pier 19 in Galveston on the party boats which are just down the street from the cruise terminal and have been in rougher seas on smaller boats

Last edited:
I went an a cruise a few months back, 3 days so I brought 3 diapers for night time use.

I also brought small black trash bags, these can be bought in bulk from Amazon, I think they call them t shirt bags.

First day I looked around everywhere for large trash cans and found absolutely none. None on the upper decks, bars, restaurants, bathrooms, none.

Had to resort to double bagging them and just leaving them in the trash can in the room.

abdlchristian12 said:
I went an a cruise a few months back, 3 days so I brought 3 diapers for night time use.

I also brought small black trash bags, these can be bought in bulk from Amazon, I think they call them t shirt bags.

First day I looked around everywhere for large trash cans and found absolutely none. None on the upper decks, bars, restaurants, bathrooms, none.

Had to resort to double bagging them and just leaving them in the trash can in the room.
Explain to the maid your predicament, tip her handsomely and the problem disappears 😀.

abdlchristian12 said:

That was my experience last time I was on a cruise

RukTheKansasDiaperLover said:
If you are flying to a port and staying at a hotel the night before. You can call your hotel and ask to have a package shipped to them. Sometimes they are okay with it. You ship your diapers to the hotel. Then you don’t have to worry about flying with them
I have done this a few times and it is awesome. I did a cruise in mid-March and it was great. Room Steward never said anything about the diapers in the trash in the room. It was the Disney Magic and diaper of choice this time was Rearz Critter Caboose.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
DLScottsman said:
I have done this a few times and it is awesome. I did a cruise in mid-March and it was great. Room Steward never said anything about the diapers in the trash in the room. It was the Disney Magic and diaper of choice this time was Rearz Critter Caboose.
I love Disney Cruise Line! I will be on the Magic this December.

Back