Cruise diapers

Jamas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm away to book a cruise later soon and looking to see people diapered expensive with cruising?

I went on one not that long ago where I brought along some drynites but realised there's no bags in any toilet bins. Or any bins for that mater.

I wore for a bit but didn't feel comfortable making full use due to the non ideal disposal situation.

I did end up leaving my bag of nappies in the room after forgetting to repack them when we left which still cause me to cringe.

I don't really know how they handle like kids who bed wet etc

Reactions: AttilaThePun
Maybe dispose of the diaper outside of your cabin? That what i did when i was padded for a cruise.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, mistykitty and AttilaThePun
Jamas said:
I did end up leaving my bag of nappies in the room after forgetting to repack
Likely the same way room service handles any of it. Just does what they can and doesn’t think much of it. At best, it’ll just be a funny story for them at a break room, and that’s that.

NinjaWeirdoPart3 said:
Likely the same way room service handles any of it. Just does what they can and doesn’t think much of it. At best, it’ll just be a funny story for them at a break room, and that’s that.
I am sure that they have seen adult diapers before from other people on the Cruise ;) But maybe the first time if James decide to wear ABDL diapers.

Reactions: littledub1955, surprise35 and AttilaThePun
I have worn ABDL diapers on my cruises. About to go on my 5th cruise with the Disney Cruise line. The room steward never said anything. On my next cruise, I will likely wear my normal Megamax diapers. I will have them sent to the hotel before I cruise so that they do not need to be in my checked bag for the flight.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and abdl86
You can ask your room steward for biohazard bags to throw your soiled diapers into and they will remove it daily.

I went on a cruise recently, first one. And was not sure what to expect. Incontinence has added some difficulties and additional prep to things like trips, but after cruise, I am way more confident.

Tips:

Apply for tsa precheck

Fill out a Medical Needs card you can print off from tsa
. I typed in, Incontinence, and printed that. That actually got used when checking in my medical bag.

When you pack diapers and all the changing supplies, make sure to tell baggage check it is "medical supplies" and many airlines do not charge. If they ask what medical supplies, show them the card you made.

Pack more diapers than you need, I packed over 3 x what I thought I needed, you may use more than you think you will need, and buying on ship is difficult, inferior, and expensive.

Let your room steward know your situation, as they will work with you your entire cruise. They will understand, and provide you with the things you need. Give them extra tip. I did this at the beginning upon meeting them.

Bring scented diaper bags to put soiled diapers into. Helps reduce the odor of dirty diapers.

Enjoy your trip,

Joey

Reactions: mistykitty, DLScottsman, surprise35 and 4 others
Recently went on a cruise to the Bahamas. Sailed on Carnival Paradise. I even called and said I was incontinent so maybe they could have an extra pad on the bed. That didn't happen. But the 2nd day they bought a seperate waste bin with the red bio bags. Cabin steward felt more like a butler, always knew me and my wifes name and asked if we needed the room clean or trash taken out. Left a bigger tip then normal for how well it was handled.

• Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, ElPulpo and AttilaThePun
COincon said:
Recently went on a cruise to the Bahamas. Sailed on Carnival Paradise. I even called and said I was incontinent so maybe they could have an extra pad on the bed. That didn't happen. But the 2nd day they bought a seperate waste bin with the red bio bags. Cabin steward felt more like a butler, always knew me and my wifes name and asked if we needed the room clean or trash taken out. Left a bigger tip then normal for how well it was handled.
So get you kind of wondering why they only fix this the 2nd day? Did they miss something?

• Thinking
Jamas said:
I'm away to book a cruise later soon and looking to see people diapered expensive with cruising?

I went on one not that long ago where I brought along some drynites but realised there's no bags in any toilet bins. Or any bins for that mater.

I wore for a bit but didn't feel comfortable making full use due to the non ideal disposal situation.

I did end up leaving my bag of nappies in the room after forgetting to repack them when we left which still cause me to cringe.

When I'm on a cruise, I just roll up the diaper and put it in the waste basket in the bathroom. Never had any issues with doing that. Next cruise is set for March 2024 and will have diapers on that as well

Reactions: hanzertas and AttilaThePun
The only cruise ship I've ever stepped foot in was the Queen Mary. I didn't see any large trash cans in the halls or anywhere else near the cabins, and that may be because it's inoperable. I'd imagine other cruise ships that ARE in operation to be relatively the same, but is there no way you can dispose of your own diapers yourself? I'd find a way to take care of it myself if I could.

theancientmariner said:
The only cruise ship I've ever stepped foot in was the Queen Mary. I didn't see any large trash cans in the halls or anywhere else near the cabins, and that may be because it's inoperable. I'd imagine other cruise ships that ARE in operation to be relatively the same, but is there no way you can dispose of your own diapers yourself? I'd find a way to take care of it myself if I could.
Yeah. I was looking in the toliets in the backrooms and they also didn't have bags in the bins. I probably would have had more luck in the disabled.

I'm not IC and really don't want to bring any attention ect to myself.

Jamas said:
Yeah. I was looking in the toliets in the backrooms and they also didn't have bags in the bins. I probably would have had more luck in the disabled.

I'm not IC and really don't want to bring any attention ect to myself.
My mind immediately went to r/backrooms apun reading your comment, and I wondered how that'll even go down if you no-clipped in them.

Maybe if you threw your used diapers away in the bathroom, you'll have better luck, but then, you'd have to carry that prized possession down the hall like it's the golden goose. Yea, I guess you'd have to just leave it in your room and have room service service it.

all the cruises I have been on (NCL- twice- Jewel and Getaway, Princess, Celebrity, Royal) all the ships have large bins up on the pool decks and in public bathrooms. Plenty of places to dispose of a diaper.
I simply brought a bunch of plastic bags from walmart in my luggage and used those to bag them up and then got rid of them in the public area trash bins.

Reactions: Freddie07601 and AttilaThePun
theancientmariner said:
The Queen Mary is an ocean liner, not a cruise ship.

Reactions: sbmccue and AttilaThePun
Bring bag with you to bag up your used diaper before putting in the garbage

Reactions: mistykitty, AttilaThePun and abdl86
abdl86 said:
So get you kind of wondering why they only fix this the 2nd day? Did they miss something?
Yes.......It was a 5 day cruise. Because they cleaned the room the 2nd day.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and abdl86
GoodnitesAreGoat said:
The Queen Mary is an ocean liner, not a cruise ship.
what's the difference?????

theancientmariner said:
what's the difference?????
Okay, I admit this is a little unfair I'm just a big nerd. A good way to look at it is a cruise ship is like a party limo. It kind of drives around and everybody has a good time. On the other hand, an ocean liner is like a bus. It is meant to get from point A to point B regularly. The Queen Mary 2 was the last ocean liner to operate but is now being branded as a cruise ship. Ocean liners lost most of their popularity after flying became affordable and made ocean liners unpractical. But in practice, there is little difference.

I was on a cruise in August with my wife and my adult nappy disposal was in a nappy bag tied up and left in the bathroom. The chamber maid was lovely and it was a non issue for her (I did tip her generously afterwards). I asked the cruise company for a rubber mattress protector and this was provided and on check in the chamber maid discretely told me which bed it was on. I used disposable absorbent bed pads as well as my Tena Ultima and plastic pants which worked very well. I took an extra case with nappies, bed pads etc and this was taken on board and left in our cabin. Cruising is ideal if incontinent as it is easy to discretely retreat to the cabin to change protection.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, Absammy, canyon and 2 others
GoodnitesAreGoat said:
Okay, I admit this is a little unfair I'm just a big nerd. A good way to look at it is a cruise ship is like a party limo. It kind of drives around and everybody has a good time. On the other hand, an ocean liner is like a bus. It is meant to get from point A to point B regularly. The Queen Mary 2 was the last ocean liner to operate but is now being branded as a cruise ship. Ocean liners lost most of their popularity after flying became affordable and made ocean liners unpractical. But in practice, there is little difference.
Okay, interesting, thanks for the insight! So, no difference, really, just a means of traveling from A to B. The Queen Mary doesn't even go anywhere, so I guess it's just a hotel on water now. Same with the Carnival cruise ship right next to it. I've never seen it leave... Though I don't live in Long Beach, but every time I visit my sister, I go to the beach on my bike and ride around there to enjoy the vibes :cool:

Back