ConfiDry 24/7 Review

Great diaper, perfect for discreet daytime.. unfortunately I find the medium way to big and the small I can’t fasten to lower tapes but if I cut the bottom tape off they fit great as a 2 tape diaper. Absorbency is pretty impressive given that they really don’t swell much and or a medium thickness to start with

ConfiDry somehow replicates the feel of the diapers when I was a baby (early 1980s). So I want so much to love them but in my personal experience they just don't hold liquid. I mean I have quite literally laughed out loud at the absurdity of the stream of pee pouring out the leg openings on the first wetting (and it wasn't a Niagara Falls wetting either). If I tape even tighter it cuts the blood flow, again no exaggeration. But even with all that I love the fit and feel so much I still buy a bag sometimes and use with doublers. I find the sizing kind of ridiculous too. Any given size is everybody else's next size up. If somebody would mix BetterDry absorption with ConfiDry fit/feel I probably wouldn't buy anything else ever.

Has anyone else had an issue with recent orders of ConfiDry having a strong lemon disinfectant odor? Not the box or package but the actual diapers. We have used these for years and it’s the first time. Caregiver is hesitant to put these on me and the supplier and manufacturer have not been able to confirm or provide any info. Anyone have any better info?

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Shyindiapers said:
Has anyone else had an issue with recent orders of ConfiDry having a strong lemon disinfectant odor? Not the box or package but the actual diapers. We have used these for years and it’s the first time. Caregiver is hesitant to put these on me and the supplier and manufacturer have not been able to confirm or provide any info. Anyone have any better info?
I have noticed it too on my last order.

Reactions: Shyindiapers
they did have this weird, almost lemony cleaner smell to them

• Wow
Reactions: PaddedRita
Jorelaxed said:
Glad I’m not going crazy lol. If you’ve used them have you had any issues? We’re just concerned about chemical burns or rashes since we don’t know the source (if it’s actually disinfectant or just a scent to cover the processed plastic odor).

Shyindiapers said:
Glad I’m not going crazy lol. If you’ve used them have you had any issues? We’re just concerned about chemical burns or rashes since we don’t know the source (if it’s actually disinfectant or just a scent to cover the processed plastic odor).
no issues yet, my skin was ok, just their absorbency seemed to change a bit

Reactions: PaddedRita and Shyindiapers
Jorelaxed said:
no issues yet, my skin was ok, just their absorbency seemed to change a bit
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. Oh? How so? I’m assuming the answer is not a significant increase. They seem to run changes out regularly and it’s hard to tell overall. They still have worked well for me. But I know for a bit they seemed too gel-like, they changed the plastic feel, or changed the thickness, then seemed to get a bit better. I know a lot of things like the plastic feel and how it absorbs end up coming down to personal preferences.

My ConfiDry diaper at the moment is very wet and messy and all is good, no leaks while I am sitting here,

Jorelaxed said:
and Shyindiapers

Curious, where did you 2 purchase from and is there possibly a run date or batch number on the box or bags. I am about ready to restock and would like to stay away from the lemony cleaner ones.
Thanks

i just got a box large from LL medico and I don't notice anything lemony.

ArchtopK said:
i just got a box large from LL medico and I don't notice anything lemony.
Thanks for the info. I usually use a different supplier that I have a good relationship with.

I normally buy betterdry from llmedico.com but they are out of stock last order had to come in from Canada I recently ordered comfy dry from Amazon I have tried comfydry I'm the past but prefer betterdry but need xl betterdry but stock is becoming a problem.

Initially I wasn't impressed, however,

I never gave up on ConfiDry 24/7, and I'm glad I didn't.

There's no markers or landing zones so you just have to initially guesstimate where to place the tapes, (while diapering.)

Once you find out where the tapes go, it's easy to get a great fit, (especially with a Onesie.)

These Diapers also need to be stretched out well before use, (or the fit will change as you move about inside them.)

The Plastic is super comfy, and thick.

Add in the right booster combination and I've literally been wearing this diaper for nearly 24 Hours.

ConifiDry + Boosters + Plastic Pants + Onsie = SUPER DIAPER.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and BABYTIGERCUB
I regularly use these and so im usually privvy to any changes they make. I have not noticed any lemony scents, but my last 2 cases featured a different plastic shell material. Thinner, lighter weight, smoother. This new shell material very much resembles a trash bag. I'm not the biggest fan of the change. I much preferred the thicker, textured shower curtain type plastic from before. Im hoping its just a temporary shortage or something what led to the change. But here's to hoping.

Recently got a case of medium dry 24/7 and to me the plastic seems duller and quieter. There is a noticeable difference in the tapes. There is more "blue" showing (like the 2015 original post picture of this thread) and the blue backing is dull like duct tape - it doesn't have a landing zone layer of shine to it. The outer shell plastic seems to rip easier too. I think this is the old version.

From what I can read I think most of us enjoy the "smooth crinkle" plastic feature of the 24/7 and from the pictures I can see the current/new version of the 24/7 has smooth, louder plastic and the tapes have a small amount of blue showing (1/8" vs 1/4" old version) and the blue tape portion under the white tape has a very shiny smooth layer over it if you peel off the white tape, almost like a landing zone cover.

Can someone help me out?

Old version - duller plastic, 1/4" strip of blue tape showing on tapes, dull duct-tape blue tape surface

New version - smoother plastic, 1/8" strip of blue showing on tapes, shiny smooth blue tape surface

These have been a main-use diaper for me and I just want to make sure I got a older case and not a new case. This is my first post and I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks!

Edit in -just noticed that that "old" version doesn't have any light blue at all showing on the blue tapes. The new version has a very small amount of light blue showing, I guess because there is a shiny landing zone layer on it.

If this understanding is correct please let me know. Thanks again.

247.jpg

Last edited:
The Plastic is loud, but its tough and doesn't rip during a busy day.

I silence the loud plastic with my Gary Wear plastic pants.

diapeybabybrian said:
The Plastic is loud, but its tough and doesn't rip during a busy day.

I silence the loud plastic with my Gary Wear plastic pants.
But which is the new and which is the old version, for clarification?

dunedune said:
But which is the new and which is the old version, for clarification?
I have no idea,

I was referring to the version which I most recently purchased, (a month ago or so.)

Diaper companies are constantly (upgrading/downgrading/discontinuing) their products.

I recommend you find something you like but don't get too attached, because it will soon be modified or disappear entirely.

That's why it's important to have lots of different diaper options available at your "disposal":sneaky:

Back