Cold weather making incontinence worse

I would say the cold weather increases my COPD coughing which directly triggers more wetting and messing accidents when I start coughing.

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and AttilaThePun
Yes same have more problem during winter ❄️

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Angelapinks
Yes cold weather i like putting my bladder in a vice. As soon as I step into any 30 or below wind chill I am pissing.

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, AttilaThePun and Angelapinks
sawindowman said:
I too find my incontinence is heavier in cold weather.
Same here

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Angelapinks
virginiadiaper said:
Who else seems to feel that the incontinence is worse during this cold weather? I could at least go every 1-1.5 hours in the summer and now I’m back to leaking or having urge incontinence every 30 minutes. I was able to use pull-ups some during the summer, but I think it’ll have to be diapers this whole winter. Does this happen to anyone else?
The cold can send a pee shiver up my spine and even before I became incontinent I had more difficulty holding my bladder in cold weather than in warm weather, especially when I get a chill that goes through me. I wonder if much of your worsening of your ic during cold weather is due to lower perspiration in cold weather compared with warm? Although when I was driving truck in Alaska the locals kept telling me to make sure I stayed hydrated in the cold up there. The air is so dry up there during the winter that you loose moisture through breathing and somewhat through imperceptible perspiration, but it adds up and since your thirst isn’t as active in the cold you often find yourself failing to drink enough to avoid dehydration.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, AttilaThePun, Angelapinks and 1 other person
I pee for the uk Olympic team in cold weather and I think I have always had this problem, one cup of tea or any fluids will be pee'd into my Nappy minutes later, it just goes straight through me.
I need all the Nappy assistance I can get during cold weather.
So the answer is yes the cold really affects my bladder adversely .

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Lethdale and AttilaThePun
PaddedRita said:
Tell you the truth ,I cant really tell the difference !
Rita
I think the cold weather does sometimes for what I can tell make me pee more. I’d have to test it out when I go out this morning in my North Shore mega Max diaper for a walk at the park after I drink a couple of glasses of water and some orange juice. i’ll try to notice when I go out in the cold. I like those Northshore diapers. They look like a real actual old-fashioned real diaper. Versus the store-bought ones that are not so great. Only good for a small amount of leakage. What brand of diaper do you like to wear Rita?IMG_8180.jpegIMG_4244.jpeg

Last edited:
surprise35 said:
Yes I notice that I have much increased incontinence in the late Fall and Winter. I often have a diaper change with me in my bag as I can't always last a day in my usual diaper. It was a warm start to November up here in Canada but now it is very cold again and I need at least a thick pull-up (Forsite is my fav) or an Abena M4.
Still I kind of love the extra warmth of a diaper in the cold months :)
Yes, I like the fact that the diaper makes an extra warm layer. Love the North Shore Megamaxjust ordered a case so I have plenty of diapers to go out with the cold. I’ll definitely be wearing a diaper this Friday in New York City when I go to see the second to last. KISS CONCERT . I’ll chuckle at those people waiting online to use the bathroom or leaving and missing songs at the concert to go use the bathroom. It’s a lot more women online at the bathroom though. Women I’ve noticed or experienced being friends with then dating women that they always seem to have, more frequent trips to the bathroom. IMG_8180.jpegIMG_8042.jpeg🎶

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks
Today it has been minus 2 and I have done nothing but pee every twenty minutes, going through Nappies like never before 😠

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Lethdale, AttilaThePun and 1 other person
As I have said in other posts I drive cars for a Car Rental Agency. :) Well here in Michigan it snowed recently and was in the 20's degrees outside. I did not give the weather and my diapers any thought and got out to clean snow and Ice from a car to take to a dealer. ;)Well, that cold air hit me, and I immediately was peeing in my diaper No warning at work and this is at l8:30-9:00 A.M.:rolleyes: I do not bring an Xtra diaper to work never had to.
( Maybe I should consider bringing a diaper or two to work?):think::unsure:

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diaperman95, AttilaThePun and 1 other person
Napincolove said:
I pee for the uk Olympic team in cold weather and I think I have always had this problem, one cup of tea or any fluids will be pee'd into my Nappy minutes later, it just goes straight through me.
I need all the Nappy assistance I can get during cold weather.
So the answer is yes the cold really affects my bladder adversely .
"I pee for the UK Olympic team..." I love this turn of phrase! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 A perfect 10!

• Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Angelapinks
fredy552 said:
As I have said in other posts I drive cars for a Car Rental Agency. :) Well here in Michigan it snowed recently and was in the 20's degrees outside. I did not give the weather and my diapers any thought and got out to clean snow and Ice from a car to take to a dealer. ;)Well, that cold air hit me, and I immediately was peeing in my diaper No warning at work and this is at l8:30-9:00 A.M.:rolleyes: I do not bring an Xtra diaper to work never had to.
A spare diaper or 6!

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Angelapinks
Napincolove said:
Today it has been minus 2 and I have done nothing but pee every twenty minutes, going through Nappies like never before 😠
Even when I'm indoors I find myself using up more supplies, because winter weather worsens my arthritis and I can't get to the bathroom quickly enough when I need to pee.

Reactions: fredy552, PadPhilosopher, Diaperman95 and 1 other person
AttilaThePun said:
Even when I'm indoors I find myself using up more supplies, because winter weather worsens my arthritis and I can't get to the bathroom quickly enough when I need to pee.
Exactly my problem also, well that and I don't get signals anymore when I need to pee, it just comes and I can't stop it.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and AttilaThePun
Cold weather does it for me too. And when doing dishes. It never fails.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, AttilaThePun and Angelapinks
fredy552 said:
I keep some in a bag in my trunk as a back up to my back up then I have my go bag I take with me where ever i go. I do not always bring it in and will leave it in the car but I a ways have it in my reach if I need. It have diapers, blue pads, wipes, disposal bags and pants.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Angelapinks, AttilaThePun and 1 other person
I peed my nappy and it felt so warm all the hairs on my body stood up ! 🥰

• Thinking
Reactions: AttilaThePun
Makes sense. Your not losing body fluids to sweet as much in colder weather

Reactions: AttilaThePun
AttilaThePun said:
I promise if I thought for a min I would be in this shape before 50.. I would of lived my teens and 20's like I have to live in this body for the next 70 or 80 years! Man we did some dumb stuff that would had made jackass proud. We just was not smart enough to film it. like rolling each other down a 300ft hill hide in a barrel. Then our favorite was riding a snow tobbgan behind a 3 wheeler in the middle of summer. We would see who could stay on the longest and we was not nice to each other. Imagine a riding a boating tube across a field of briars and rocks! 😂 it seamed like fun at the time. 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Napincolove, PadPhilosopher, Angelapinks and 1 other person
Diaperman95 said:
I promise if I thought for a min I would be in this shape before 50.. I would of lived my teens and 20's like I have to live in this body for the next 70 or 80 years! Man we did some dumb stuff that would had made jackass proud. We just was not smart enough to film it. like rolling each other down a 300ft hill hide in a barrel. Then our favorite was riding a snow tobbgan behind a 3 wheeler in the middle of summer. We would see who could stay on the longest and we was not nice to each other. Imagine a riding a boating tube across a field of briars and rocks! 😂 it seamed like fun at the time. 🤣
I don't suppose you had access to mortar rounds, a dwarf, and a giant shopping cart?

Sounds like you weren't nice to the toboggan, either!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Diaperman95
Back