Big kid bedwetting

Karoq said:
That was me too all the way until 16/17
I read your long About description— what an adventure you’ve had. I wish everyone made it so easy to find their story as you did. I have not found how to change my About to include text.

gobphus said:
I read your long About description— what an adventure you’ve had. I wish everyone made it so easy to find their story as you did. I have not found how to change my About to include text.
Click on your profile picture, and you should be on an "Account Details" page under your profile settings. Scroll to the very bottom and you'll see it.

Reactions: gobphus
bedwetterdavid said:
Click on your profile picture, and you should be on an "Account Details" page under your profile settings. Scroll to the very bottom and you'll see it.
Doh! I always check other people's About tabs but had not checked mine in quite a while and had forgotten that I had done what you said I needed to do. Thanks for your help, David.

Being a child born in the sixties it was pin on terry nappies and plastic pants till I was around 8 years old so embarrassed by wearing nappies and being pin in to them by my mother was thankful to give them up at that time although my nightly wetting continued to go back to using nappies was often suggested until at the age of 12 we stayed by the beach in a caravan on Ireland coast and managing wet beds was difficult it was decided that I was to return to nappies it being the seventies there was no disposable nappies or pull ups remember going to Woolworths store where they sold super large toddler plastic pants my mother shaking them out and measure waist of 25 inches I never heard of a baby with that size waist think that it saved the blushes of buying for older children so found myself at 12 pinned back into nappy and plastic pants felt so ashamed probably made me a diaper lover today

Reactions: Blekyss, gobphus, ABChick and 2 others
Karoq said:
That was me too all the way until 16/17
I hated it at that age, it was so embarrassing to be driving and looking at universities and not have my bed dry at night

• Sad
Reactions: MikeyD1981 and gobphus
Drynites till I was 12

I wore Goodnites until I was 11 or 12.

wearnappies said:
Being a child born in the sixties it was pin on terry nappies and plastic pants till I was around 8 years old so embarrassed by wearing nappies and being pin in to them by my mother was thankful to give them up at that time although my nightly wetting continued to go back to using nappies was often suggested until at the age of 12 we stayed by the beach in a caravan on Ireland coast and managing wet beds was difficult it was decided that I was to return to nappies it being the seventies there was no disposable nappies or pull ups remember going to Woolworths store where they sold super large toddler plastic pants my mother shaking them out and measure waist of 25 inches I never heard of a baby with that size waist think that it saved the blushes of buying for older children so found myself at 12 pinned back into nappy and plastic pants felt so ashamed probably made me a diaper lover today
Parents try to induce theirs bedwetters to get over it by having them wake up in wet, cold beds, sometimes for years. It didn’t work in your case, just as it didn’t work in mine.

hanbanan said:
I hated it at that age, it was so embarrassing to be driving and looking at universities and not have my bed dry at night
I feel your pain 💯. It can be worse: at college I used the school’s linen service and risked exposure of my shame every two weeks when I had to exchange my stained sheets for clean ones. I always feared exposure, but thankfully it never happened. Were you reliably dry at night by the time you went away to college?

hanbanan said:
I had a strange mix of being embarrassed by wearing nappies but equally secretly liking the security, comfort and feel of it. I would have been mortified if my peers found out but as I progressed into adulthood and later developed incontinence issues due to spinal issues and surgery I’ve had to accept that I am always going to have accidents and I always wear and wet at night as well as having daytime urge issues. I’m 60 now and have been back in nappies since 40. The seeds of being a DL were obviously planted as a child and I am not bothered about the fact I am in nappies. I’m also in a happy marriage and my wife accept that I need protection and is vey caring although doesn’t get involved practically. She doesn’t change me or anything like that but I am totally comfortable about sleeping together and cuddling when I am wearing nothing more than a nappy and she will teasingly touch and fondle me as foreplay whilst still in a wet nappy.

Huggies Goodnites for me until 16

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
O
Karoq said:
I had a strange mix of being embarrassed by wearing nappies but equally secretly liking the security, comfort and feel of it. I would have been mortified if my peers found out but as I progressed into adulthood and later developed incontinence issues due to spinal issues and surgery I’ve had to accept that I am always going to have accidents and I always wear and wet at night as well as having daytime urge issues. I’m 60 now and have been back in nappies since 40. The seeds of being a DL were obviously planted as a child and I am not bothered about the fact I am in nappies. I’m also in a happy marriage and my wife accept that I need protection and is vey caring although doesn’t get involved practically. She doesn’t change me or anything like that but I am totally comfortable about sleeping together and cuddling when I am wearing nothing more than a nappy and she will teasingly touch and fondle me as foreplay whilst still in a wet nappy.
Your wife goes way beyond passive acceptance of your helplessly wearing and wetting nappies when she teases and fondles you in your wet nappy. I’m curious whether you completely take off your nappy for more intimate activities or do you keep it partially on?

The last time I was in bedwetting protection was around 16 years old. I had tried goodnites (the old plain white ones) when I was about 12, but they would always leak so my mom ordered me in Attends Youth diapers when I was in middle and high school. I remember them being all white and plastic backed. I also remember some light blue cloth backed ones that I wore, but I forgot the name.

gobphus said:
I feel your pain 💯. It can be worse: at college I used the school’s linen service and risked exposure of my shame every two weeks when I had to exchange my stained sheets for clean ones. I always feared exposure, but thankfully it never happened. Were you reliably dry at night by the time you went away to college?
I was dry my senior year of high school, I felt comfortable enough to go without diapers (for the most part) by 16. I knew when my bedwetting would be more common in relation to my time of the month

gobphus said:
O

Your wife goes way beyond passive acceptance of your helplessly wearing and wetting nappies when she teases and fondles you in your wet nappy. I’m curious whether you completely take off your nappy for more intimate activities or do you keep it partially on?
Off. If we are going to go further she will tell me to go to bathroom and get cleaned up. I respect that and I deal with clean up myself then come back to our bed which is also protected with waterproof sheet under the bottom mattress sheet. When I am getting ready at night for bed she will sometimes play with me whilst trying to put my nappy on. She also always checks me befor we go to sleep to ensure my nappy and plastic pants are on properly. She cuddles me and often pats my bottom through my nappy, I cuddle in to her and often have a suck on her breasts which she finds arousing and I find so deeply relaxing and it puts me in little space . Deep down I wouid love for her to go the next step and baby me / change me / bath me etc but somehow can’t bring myself to tell her how I feel

Karoq said:
Off. If we are going to go further she will tell me to go to bathroom and get cleaned up. I respect that and I deal with clean up myself then come back to our bed which is also protected with waterproof sheet under the bottom mattress sheet. When I am getting ready at night for bed she will sometimes play with me whilst trying to put my nappy on. She also always checks me befor we go to sleep to ensure my nappy and plastic pants are on properly. She cuddles me and often pats my bottom through my nappy, I cuddle in to her and often have a suck on her breasts which she finds arousing and I find so deeply relaxing and it puts me in little space . Deep down I wouid love for her to go the next step and baby me / change me / bath me etc but somehow can’t bring myself to tell her how I feel
Checking your nappy isn't quite the same as changing you, but it's moving in that direction. How long has she been doing that? How long have you been wearing nappies to bed?

gobphus said:
Checking your nappy isn't quite the same as changing you, but it's moving in that direction. How long has she been doing that? How long have you been wearing nappies to bed?
From being a baby until 16/17. Then had about 15 years of being mainly dry at night up until early 30’s but still wore a nappy when I could just for the thrill. In late 30’s I started having spinal and incontinence issues due to a back injury that’ required major surgery. From 40 until now (aged 61) I’ve been back in nappies every night as I never feel the sense of wanting to go. I wake up very wet every morning

Stacy said:
If you wet the bed as a kid, what was the last kind of protection you remember using before you became dry at night?
Mine was Goodnites, when I was 18 YRS OLD. I wet till I was 19, then it become off and on the rest of my life.

I grew up as a bed wetter. I had wet most of my life and didn't finally "grow out of it" until my mid to late teens. Throughout this time, I had always taken care of my nighttime accidents and we only used a plastic sheet for protection. The cleanup was never forced on me, nor did my parents ever use this as "punishment", rather it was just a responsibility of mine. I probably started stripping sheets, washing, and making my bed around the first grade.

I looked upon this quite differently at different times in my life. When I was really young, it didn't even phase me. I had no idea that something was "different" with me until I reached about six or seven.

Around this time I knew I was "different", however it really didn't affect me and I hadn't taken much notice of it until about age ten.

At this point in life I became a bit distressed with bed wetting and I knew that something was "wrong" with me. This change in attitude probably came about because of scouts, camping trips, sleep overs, all things that I was now a bit wary to take part in that a normal hyper-active outgoing 10 year old boy would. It didn't stop me (never did), though it made things a bit more difficult and stressful at times since you have to plan things out by telling your friends parents, the school, scout organizers, and family. I was always smart about my night-time accidents though. I never panicked, worried too much, and just kept taking responsibility for them.

By the time I was twelve or so the stress had pretty much vanished, and I was now just dealing with a "condition". I had been really lucky that NO ONE had ever found out (without being told prior) or caught me, and they never would.

At about fourteen/fifteen my mom (probably out of frustration and prompted by a coupon for Attends) asked me if I would like to try diapers to make things easier around the house. I was absolutely dumbstruck and froze like a deer in headlights. The thought had never crossed my mind and I hadn't even realized that diapers that big existed. I seriously thought that I was the only one in the world with this issue at my age. It took me all day to wrap my mind around the proposal, and around bedtime that night I had decided that anything was better than the chance of waking up early as hell cold and wet.

She never did buy them. And shortly after that I finally stopped wetting the bed. But the idea stuck. The thought of handling what had been such a big part of my life in a different way intrigued me. It had never occurred to me that there would be other ways of handling bed wetting. It was right around that time that I saw a very rare, original advertisement on TV for GoodNites (1993-94?). Then found a few of their ads in magazines as well. They were just introduced, and for the first time I didn't feel so alone as a bed wetter. I had no idea that other people wet the bed, or so many other kids did as well.

I couldn't resist finding out more. I logged on to their website (maybe one of the first ones I ever used the internet for) and discovered that I was definitely not the only one. Back then they had chat rooms for parents, kids, and teens. It was the first time I had been on a chat room, and it was the first time I talked to someone my age that was also a bed wetter. I also discovered that you could order samples on their website.

I ordered a sample and tried to intercept the mail before my parents every single day for 4-6 weeks. I even ordered samples for some friends in my neighborhood, thinking that I could explain it as marketing or something like that. I just didn't want to be the only one. The sample finally came, and I'm glad I got to it first. The samples back then were sent in an miniature GoodNites bag. It was the size of an envelope, with two GoodNites in it. But it was the same plastic material that a pack would be, the same color, the logo emblazoned on the front of it, as well as your name/address.

That night I excitedly removed them from the package and spent an hour just holding, folding, and inspecting them. I was so curious as to how something so seemingly simple could've helped me for the last 16 years. As part of my investigation I put one on, of course. I was impressed. They felt so soft, were so unobtrusive, and were so discreet (compared to a crinkly plastic bed). In due course my curiosity got the best of me, and despite my years and years and years of hard work trying NOT to pee in bed....I ended up "using" my sample that night.

I was instantly impressed. It was as if nothing happened. My bed was fine, my clothes were fine. No laundry, no changing...just normalcy. I was impressed and a bit euphoric. But the "eureka moment" really was waking up in the morning. I woke up, still wearing my sample, to a dry bed. I woke up when it was time to wake up. I didn't wake up at 2 a.m. cold and soaking wet. I didn't have to strip the bed and change in the middle of the night. I didn't have to change and drag a blanket on to the floor and sleep there because I was too tired to strip and make a bed in the middle of the night. I had finally found the solution.

I was almost saddened, actually. I wasn't wetting the bed anymore. After 16 some odd years I had finally stopped. And here I had this elegant, simple, and ridiculously effective solution to a problem that didn't exist anymore. My interest only deepened. I wanted to know what other products there were out there (none for kids/teens, only adult products existed). I would sneak out to stores and explore the incontinence aisles, buying and sneaking packages of different products. After a few months my interest waned and I began to forget about such things.

But, as I reached my mid 20's and my nightly issues made a worrisome return...I was prepared. I knew exactly how I could handle the problem.

• Love
Reactions: sambus, MaximusWolfheart and gobphus
Llayden said:
I grew up as a bed wetter. I had wet most of my life and didn't finally "grow out of it" until my mid to late teens. Throughout this time, I had always taken care of my nighttime accidents and we only used a plastic sheet for protection. The cleanup was never forced on me, nor did my parents ever use this as "punishment", rather it was just a responsibility of mine. I probably started stripping sheets, washing, and making my bed around the first grade.

I looked upon this quite differently at different times in my life. When I was really young, it didn't even phase me. I had no idea that something was "different" with me until I reached about six or seven.

Around this time I knew I was "different", however it really didn't affect me and I hadn't taken much notice of it until about age ten.

At this point in life I became a bit distressed with bed wetting and I knew that something was "wrong" with me. This change in attitude probably came about because of scouts, camping trips, sleep overs, all things that I was now a bit wary to take part in that a normal hyper-active outgoing 10 year old boy would. It didn't stop me (never did), though it made things a bit more difficult and stressful at times since you have to plan things out by telling your friends parents, the school, scout organizers, and family. I was always smart about my night-time accidents though. I never panicked, worried too much, and just kept taking responsibility for them.

By the time I was twelve or so the stress had pretty much vanished, and I was now just dealing with a "condition". I had been really lucky that NO ONE had ever found out (without being told prior) or caught me, and they never would.

At about fourteen/fifteen my mom (probably out of frustration and prompted by a coupon for Attends) asked me if I would like to try diapers to make things easier around the house. I was absolutely dumbstruck and froze like a deer in headlights. The thought had never crossed my mind and I hadn't even realized that diapers that big existed. I seriously thought that I was the only one in the world with this issue at my age. It took me all day to wrap my mind around the proposal, and around bedtime that night I had decided that anything was better than the chance of waking up early as hell cold and wet.

She never did buy them. And shortly after that I finally stopped wetting the bed. But the idea stuck. The thought of handling what had been such a big part of my life in a different way intrigued me. It had never occurred to me that there would be other ways of handling bed wetting. It was right around that time that I saw a very rare, original advertisement on TV for GoodNites (1993-94?). Then found a few of their ads in magazines as well. They were just introduced, and for the first time I didn't feel so alone as a bed wetter. I had no idea that other people wet the bed, or so many other kids did as well.

I couldn't resist finding out more. I logged on to their website (maybe one of the first ones I ever used the internet for) and discovered that I was definitely not the only one. Back then they had chat rooms for parents, kids, and teens. It was the first time I had been on a chat room, and it was the first time I talked to someone my age that was also a bed wetter. I also discovered that you could order samples on their website.

I ordered a sample and tried to intercept the mail before my parents every single day for 4-6 weeks. I even ordered samples for some friends in my neighborhood, thinking that I could explain it as marketing or something like that. I just didn't want to be the only one. The sample finally came, and I'm glad I got to it first. The samples back then were sent in an miniature GoodNites bag. It was the size of an envelope, with two GoodNites in it. But it was the same plastic material that a pack would be, the same color, the logo emblazoned on the front of it, as well as your name/address.

That night I excitedly removed them from the package and spent an hour just holding, folding, and inspecting them. I was so curious as to how something so seemingly simple could've helped me for the last 16 years. As part of my investigation I put one on, of course. I was impressed. They felt so soft, were so unobtrusive, and were so discreet (compared to a crinkly plastic bed). In due course my curiosity got the best of me, and despite my years and years and years of hard work trying NOT to pee in bed....I ended up "using" my sample that night.

I was instantly impressed. It was as if nothing happened. My bed was fine, my clothes were fine. No laundry, no changing...just normalcy. I was impressed and a bit euphoric. But the "eureka moment" really was waking up in the morning. I woke up, still wearing my sample, to a dry bed. I woke up when it was time to wake up. I didn't wake up at 2 a.m. cold and soaking wet. I didn't have to strip the bed and change in the middle of the night. I didn't have to change and drag a blanket on to the floor and sleep there because I was too tired to strip and make a bed in the middle of the night. I had finally found the solution.

I was almost saddened, actually. I wasn't wetting the bed anymore. After 16 some odd years I had finally stopped. And here I had this elegant, simple, and ridiculously effective solution to a problem that didn't exist anymore. My interest only deepened. I wanted to know what other products there were out there (none for kids/teens, only adult products existed). I would sneak out to stores and explore the incontinence aisles, buying and sneaking packages of different products. After a few months my interest waned and I began to forget about such things.

But, as I reached my mid 20's and my nightly issues made a worrisome return...I was prepared. I knew exactly how I could handle the problem.
What a wonderful description of how you discovered diaper! Too bad they came into your life so late.

Back