Big kid bedwetting

BunnyFofo said:
No, overall I liked it. I was always a little afraid of getting poked by the pins though.
Do you think diapers for bedwetting was part of you DL side now?

KrankyPants said:
Okay,

Several times. I was one of the bedwetters in the car. It was me and my cousin. We both had accidents.
Up to how old?

Bedwetter12 said:
Oh yeah. Whenever I went in the car traveling at night long distances I would wear a Goodnites.
How did you dispose of them?

Reactions: Bedwetter12
anonymousluke said:
Pampers underjams.
Sooo lucky. Did you like underjams or GoodNites more?

harbor said:
How did you dispose of them?
It didn’t bother me wearing them that much and they were pull-ups so they were easy to put on/take off. I simply would throw them away with the trash when we got to the destination

It was all crinkly, white disposable plastic backed diapers when I was at that age.

I remember being on a school field trip where we stayed at a hostel for a week.
A classmate of mine and I shared a room along with one of his best friends who knew
about the bedwetting. We were around 11-12 at the time.
I was still such a stick at that time, that I fit the largest Pampers (still all white and plastic at that time)
quite well, but my classmate had Attends to wear to bed.
My first time seeing diapers with two tapes on either side in my entire life.
I had learned to put mine on under the covers (I only had one tape each side to deal with),
but he went to the bathroom down the hallway and put his diaper on there.
Mind you, this was before the regular use of SAP in diapers and those Attends were
very bulky and crinkled pretty loudly from under his PJ bottoms as he walked in.
He came back in the room, obviously ashamed, and walked with a slight waddle
and a crinkle over to his bed.
It was the 80s and PJs were cut pretty tight and the diaper was not hidden at all.
Every morning our teacher would come into the room asking "Everything go OK last night?"

I also remember camping out at our fishing pond for a weekend and I was maybe 6 or 7
years old.
We slept in an former construction trailer that my dad and his friends had converted into
a bunkhouse but there was no electricity and no light after dark.
I was getting ready for bed while it had gotten dark already and was about
to put my diaper for the night on (again, thick white plastic Pampers)
just as one of my older cousins came in.
He saw what I was trying to do (a 6-7 year old trying to put on a Pampers) and I was
expecting him to start laughing and poking fun at me.
Instead he said nothing but "Here, I'll hold the flashlight so you can put it on right".
He never mentioned it to anyone.
I thought that was pretty cool of him.

Reactions: dogboy and Jack01
BunnyFofo said:
No, overall I liked it. I was always a little afraid of getting poked by the pins though.

That was my mother excuse for not letting me pin my own diapers on as I got older, she was afraid I'd hurt myself with those sharp diaper pins, especially as I got older and she folded 3 or 4 cloth diapers together, since we didn't have prefolds, just the old Curiety diapers. I have to admit she was probably right, and besides, I didn't mind her changing me, even when I was older.

harbor said:
Sooo lucky. Did you like underjams or GoodNites more?
At the time Underjams because they were less likely to leak for me.

Goodnites in the 3rd grade, maybe 4th. I was a little embarrassed to need them, but I loved wearing them too!

harbor said:
If you wet the bed as a kid, what was the last kind of protection you remember using before you became dry at night?
I was issued with big blue adult disposable nappies from the NHS continence Service during my teens and a fitted "Sandra" mattress cover do or my bed. I wore these nappies every night until O was finally dry at night in my early twenties.

Teddy02 said:
I had no protection. My parents thought that if I was uncomfortable being wet then I might become dry earlier. It did not happen. I was wet every night until I was 12 then on and off until I was in my twenties. After that I came back to being wet every night. I would have loved nappies as I thought I would get a good nights’ sleep. I often wondered if my dyslexia was made worse by not sleeping well. The sad thing was that I knew my father was a bedwetter in his youth.
Same here no protection from being about 8 or 9 until I was 15 when I went back to nappies as my bedwetting showed no sign of stopping.

Did your parents have you wear Pampers Pull-Ups at all?

dpcare said:
there eas no such a thing as Goodnites when I was that age
jamiejamie said:
Glad there were Goodnites! Minimize the embarrassment and wet beds while staying discreet. Goodnites came out like 2 years after I stopped wetting like in 6th grade. So I had to deal with wet beds and pajamas.
Did you really wet the bed until the sixth grade?

yes and even past 6th grade

Yep.
harbor said:
Yep. It went from 1-2 times a week til it was like once every few months. Totally dry like 7th grade.

Still wet the bed but last nappies I was in before being an adult were drynites

harbor said:
Me too. I wet the bed until I was in the middle of 7th grade. By then mom had started buying white plastic backed adult diapers with tapes. It was 1993, so there weren’t any goodnights yet. The diapers were so loud it was impossible to hide from my siblings.

harbor said:
6th grade is when I had to start wearing depends diapers at night at my babysitter's house during Thanksgiving holiday

Last edited:
Didn't have any kind of protection back in the day, and I still had problems at age 11. I would have been thrilled if my mother even purchased me a box of toddler Pampers.

Reactions: Teddy02
Bedwetter12 said:
Oh yeah. Whenever I went in the car traveling at night long distances I would wear a Goodnites.
We're they the white ones?
Was that embarrassing or not really?

Reactions: Bedwetter12
Back