BetterDry... I think I'm a convert!

pugglesmuggles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hello, just wanted to share an experience and also maybe gather some other opinions as well- first of all, age 35, male, 90% UIC for 3.5 years.
It took me a while to "arrive" at the need for diapers 24/7, as for a lot of us it did, but once I did about 2 years ago and did some experimenting with brands, I settled on Northshore's MegaMax diapers. They were super-absorbent, and gave me confidence that they wouldn't leak, except for one particular-to-males issue that I posted about in another thread. Anyway, recently, I started to question the cost-benefit of MegaMaxes, since I was rarely (if ever) using them to their capacity, and I still have some control (hence the "90% incon") over peeing and I try to get to a toilet if I can, and I don't have any bowel issues. Now don't get me wrong, the MegaMax's tape landing zone was great for taking them on and off for using the toilet for #1 or #2. But still, by the time I needed to change because I had been in the same diaper for hours and I didn't want skin issues, they were not used to capacity.

So, after reading some posts here, I got a single package of the BetterDry diapers (I think they're labeled M10 or something) to try instead. And WOW. I find them so much better for my needs, and the cost savings is insane (they're less than half the cost of MegaMax when I buy in bulk from LLMedico), and IMO, the quality is barely less. They're absorbent enough to keep my confident, and I actually fine I "use" a lot more of them before it's time to change. The elastic waistbands in the front and back are a game-changer- sort of makes me feel like I'm wearing a combo diaper / pull-up. I can literally just pull my diaper down a bit to go pee. They're less bulky and more comfy in general than MegaMax too.

I would say the only thing IMO that would make the BetterDry diaper PERFECT is if it had a plastic tape landing zone like the MegaMax, instead of just second-chance tapes. I did (and still do) appreciate the tape landing zone of MegaMax diapers for convenient removal/replacement, and I definitely think I will always keep some MegaMax diapers around for particular situations, such as my long-haul (10+ hour) flights for work, or road trips.
However, BetterDry are my go-to now for every-day. I just set an auto-ship for the large case order! HA.

Anyone else tried BetterDry, or were thinking about it, or is there an even better bridge between MegaMax and BetterDry I should try??

Reactions: rennecfox, Neroforte, diapeybabybrian and 10 others
Working through my first pack of BetterDry. They might become my new favorite all white disposable. I've been loving them! Quality and comfort!

Reactions: Neroforte, diapeybabybrian, Ortler and 4 others
My night time and going out nappy when not wearing a Terry cloth nappy

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Seasonedcitizen and BigAl2
Those were my go-to for the better part of last year, but they have been having inventory issues with my size (large) for a while now. I have been experimenting with incontrol diapers and so far like the elite hybrid and will be getting some of the less bulky (but more absorbant?) Bedry today.

They come out to about the same cost as a BetterDry and have never been out of stock; so far I think the thicker plastic and softer interior is a tier above BetterDry. I also just went for a 1 mile walk and didn't have any breakdown of material, which makes them a bit more durable than the BetterDry ones, too.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
I recently tried Betterdry Day and XP5000. Between the two I preferred the XP5000. It's good quality and very absorbent. They use hook and loop tapes so you can take it off and retape without ruining it. I personally did not like hook and loop tapes because they never gripped right for me, that's not the case here. These tapes hold strong and keep the diaper snug how I like it. They are also form fitting so are quite discreet under my work pants.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, BigAl2 and Seasonedcitizen
Great diaper.

Reactions: Ortler and Jorelaxed
I have also used them quite often lately. They are good but not overly absorbent. However, their tall leak guards do a good job in protection, so for extended usage time they also work with a booster without leaks.

If the cut fits you well, you might also try BetterDry Day M7 for those times you know you will only wear it for a reduced time to save more on costs.

To clear up a probable mistake from above, the M10 you have is meant as nighttime protection and basically just the white version of the originally printed Crinklz. The day variant has reduced capacity and higher discrecy on purpose, so it can't be compared to a 5 liter slip as done by DistortedWolf.

Great value, good absorbency, nicely cut, come up high enough on the waist / belly, PE-backed. Super!

Reactions: Ortler and BigAl2
NO....NO.....NO!!! BETTERDRY SUCKS!!

Please keep thinking that....so it is easier for me to re-up my supply of them. Now that the secret is out, I face far more competition when they come back in stock and nothing is worse than seeing "**Out-of-stock**" when I try to reorder :(

Ok, just kidding. I've been using them for years. Someone needs to tell the manufacturer to bring more factories online cause the shortage really sucks :)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: cantwait, EcoIncon and LaLoneDigi
yeah since confidry went bankrupt they have remained a good cost effective alternative.

As I have mentioned, Better Dry is my go-to daily and nightly diaper. During a shortage of the plain white version I use Crinklz.

Puggles, glad you like Better Dry, but absolutely no to landing zones. One of the reasons I like Better Dry is the absence of a landing zone. That allows the tapes to be positioned by the manufacturer at more effective locations. I than can tape at the angles best suited for my personal shape. Also, after putting on a diaper with a landing zone, when I fold the extra plastic in at the waist, I find the plastic landing zone to irritate my skin.

--John

Reactions: Neroforte, mantilla and diapeybabybrian
By 5 pm I should have another 120 Better dry , so will have stock of nappies for next 3 months

Reactions: jdinvirginia
They are my daily diaper. I love them and they feel, fit, and perform similar to the pampers I wore in the 90's.

Reactions: Ortler
I get up once or twice during the night and pee in them plus what I release after I get up. They do hold a lot.

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21
Better Dry has a maximum absorbent capacity of ISO 5,128 ml - 173.4 fl oz. IMHO, that is great and is about all we really need (and I am a heavy wetter). For myself, I find that they perform at night as well as many diapers with a much higher listed absorbent capacity, including MegaMax. I should note that I do routinely add a booster pad to any diaper.

Consider that Better Dry fits my personal shape very well and is very attractively priced, it is an obvious choice for me. Although I normally wear the plain white version, I have two cases of Crinklz unhand awaiting the supply chain problems being resolved.

--John

Reactions: Jonnythepony
I got my latest shipment from ABU’s UK site , ordered Sunday came yesterday by DPD In the original boxes but as they’re all white with very little writing on which was brown taped over so driver none the wiser

I have been using BetterDry for years now and love the price and performance. Especially the overnight performance. I'd love to keep the word from getting out so there are enough for me (consistent availability is really their only problem). However, I'd prefer everyone who needs them knows about them.

@pugglesmuggles - I also am able to take off the BetterDry occasionally to use the toilet. I simply use the blue tapes as the landing zone for my retaping and that works ok.

Reactions: pugglesmuggles
Better Dry has been my overnight diaper for years! recent had to order Crinkles though as the BD were out of stock.

Yeah, they are pretty great. I have found that if I undo the tapes, I can typically re-tape them to the blue second chance tape and open them a second time. you can also just undo one side of the diaper and this will give you two opportunities to open and close it for bathroom usage.

pugglesmuggles said:
Hello, just wanted to share an experience and also maybe gather some other opinions as well- first of all, age 35, male, 90% UIC for 3.5 years.
It took me a while to "arrive" at the need for diapers 24/7, as for a lot of us it did, but once I did about 2 years ago and did some experimenting with brands, I settled on Northshore's MegaMax diapers. They were super-absorbent, and gave me confidence that they wouldn't leak, except for one particular-to-males issue that I posted about in another thread. Anyway, recently, I started to question the cost-benefit of MegaMaxes, since I was rarely (if ever) using them to their capacity, and I still have some control (hence the "90% incon") over peeing and I try to get to a toilet if I can, and I don't have any bowel issues. Now don't get me wrong, the MegaMax's tape landing zone was great for taking them on and off for using the toilet for #1 or #2. But still, by the time I needed to change because I had been in the same diaper for hours and I didn't want skin issues, they were not used to capacity.

So, after reading some posts here, I got a single package of the BetterDry diapers (I think they're labeled M10 or something) to try instead. And WOW. I find them so much better for my needs, and the cost savings is insane (they're less than half the cost of MegaMax when I buy in bulk from LLMedico), and IMO, the quality is barely less. They're absorbent enough to keep my confident, and I actually fine I "use" a lot more of them before it's time to change. The elastic waistbands in the front and back are a game-changer- sort of makes me feel like I'm wearing a combo diaper / pull-up. I can literally just pull my diaper down a bit to go pee. They're less bulky and more comfy in general than MegaMax too.

I would say the only thing IMO that would make the BetterDry diaper PERFECT is if it had a plastic tape landing zone like the MegaMax, instead of just second-chance tapes. I did (and still do) appreciate the tape landing zone of MegaMax diapers for convenient removal/replacement, and I definitely think I will always keep some MegaMax diapers around for particular situations, such as my long-haul (10+ hour) flights for work, or road trips.
However, BetterDry are my go-to now for every-day. I just set an auto-ship for the large case order! HA.

Anyone else tried BetterDry, or were thinking about it, or is there an even better bridge between MegaMax and BetterDry I should try??

Reactions: pugglesmuggles and jdinvirginia
EcoIncon said:
I have been using BetterDry for years now and love the price and performance. Especially the overnight performance. I'd love to keep the word from getting out so there are enough for me (consistent availability is really their only problem). However, I'd prefer everyone who needs them knows about them.

@pugglesmuggles - I also am able to take off the BetterDry occasionally to use the toilet. I simply use the blue tapes as the landing zone for my retaping and that works ok.
I am in the same boat as you! I feel like the more I tell people about them the less available they become. I used to be on a subscription plan for the exact # of diapers I need per day/night. I’ve since started occasionally doubling up on cases so that I am not stuck with crinklz when BD is sold out. Nothing against crinklz just for my daily wear I prefer white medical looking diapers.

Reactions: EcoIncon and jdinvirginia
Back