Being incontinent when you're ABDL

princessarya

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
So I've always had a little side, but the past few years I've put it to the back burner due to my increasing IC issues. I didn't want to feel I was making light out of legit medical issues, but ultimately I have recently decided to just be me and if that includes buying a huge playpen (that I noted elsewhere) and fill it with stuffies and toys and coloring books while also having a legitimate need to wear diapers, then so be it.

So I guess I wanted to know about others who are IC but also ABDL or DDLG or whatever and your thoughts on balancing the two things.

Reactions: Joeysms, jaydavidson and Diprs2
i am not officially diagnosed as IC but I am 99% sure that i have OAB and will hopefully get dr appointment soon as it is starting to get worse. when i went about 4-5 yrs ago when 14 my paediatrician told me to just put anti-itch cream on my urethra which obviously didn’t help 😒. i think being little does help with being IC because i am not embarrassed at and am fine with the idea of maybe needing to wear nappies in the future if it gets worse, or to help with the already there sleep problems it gives me (have to get up about 5-6 times a night to pee).

• Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2, Pino and 1 other person
For those few that are AB and IC; wouldn’t playtime in AB mode while being IC actually give you the most authentic experience?

I’m well aware of the sensitivity of this statement and I’m not even AB myself, it’s just a logical conclusion in this very limited circumstance.

PS: well aware of the anti-ABDL stigma on here and why, due to the the hardships you all experience from IC. But not everyone who is IC is ‘only’ IC and they’re valid too.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and princessarya
If it doesn't hurt others, it's fair game. You can be both Abdl and experience that fully, and if your genuine IC is part of it and brings you joy, that's your relationship with your body and yours alone. You don't have to feel guilty about what you like as long as you don't involve other people without their consent.

What often is hurtful to IC folks is non IC people saying things like "omg you're so lucky I wish was like you haha". That's where the "anti Abdl stigma" comes from. For most IC people, even those who embrace the little side a bit, not having control is a legitimately distressing medical condition and certainly not "lucky" for most. That sort of talk really comes off as immature and insulting.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2, gobphus and 4 others
distract said:
If it doesn't hurt others, it's fair game. You can be both Abdl and experience that fully, and if your genuine IC is part of it and brings you joy, that's your relationship with your body and yours alone. You don't have to feel guilty about what you like as long as you don't involve other people without their consent.

What often is hurtful to IC folks is non IC people saying things like "omg you're so lucky I wish was like you haha". That's where the "anti Abdl stigma" comes from. For most IC people, even those who embrace the little side a bit, not having control is a legitimately distressing medical condition and certainly not "lucky" for most. That sort of talk really comes off as immature and insulting.
i agree 110%, as my post earlier in this thread says i only have ‘minor’ IC (OAB) but it is still very annoying to deal with, constantly having to interrupt what im doing to go to the bathroom and waking up 5 or 6 times during the night to pee is not fun at all! im not even at the point where i have lost any amount of control over actually going but it really does affect my life.

• Thinking
Reactions: Ceary, Edgewater, Diprs2 and 2 others
I'm not abdl (though I admit some interest [limited and small]). I understand that there are legit IC members who are also abdl. Some who were abdl first or being IC first. It doesn't really matter. I do get irritated when someone fakes IC. I know there are plenty of them. But I try to not judge. I consider the IC/abdl members as friends for me. I simply hope that all of them focus on IC. That's what it's here for on the IC forum.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2, Pino and 3 others
I am incontinent I'm not abdl

Reactions: princessarya, Edgewater and Diaperman95
I’ve a lifetime bedwetter and pretty sure wearing nappies all my life has made me very much abdl

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: princessarya, Incon97, Edgewater and 2 others
I’m incontinent and a little, it was hard to deal with at first. I’ve been age regressing since I was around 12 and I started actually NEEDING diapers at 13-14 due to incontinence caused by damage. I felt bad because I was okay with it, but it felt like I was making light of medical issues. But over the years I’ve learned to accept myself fully! If anything it’s just more convenient for little me <3

Reactions: Rezzu, Edgewater and princessarya
CrossfireHurricane said:
e
I'm not abdl (though I admit some interest [limited and small]). I understand that there are legit IC members who are also abdl. Some who were abdl first or being IC first. It doesn't really matter. I do get irritated when someone fakes IC. I know there are plenty of them. But I try to not judge. I consider the IC/abdl members as friends for me. I simply hope that all of them focus on IC. That's what it's here for on the IC forum.
I can agree with you on that. It bothers me too when people fake being IC to get sympathy or whatever. It is a AB,DL,IC community there is no reason to lie as you are accepted here no matter. Not implying this is the case here, but I have seen plenty in the past.
Like people claiming they are duel IC but then describe how they like to set in a chair and push out a BM just so the caretaker of his Nursing home would change him. Then go on to describe it as a sexual experience getting changed. This person made several other statements that led me to believe it was all an act his bladder too. But when he described the sexual side of his nurse changing him when he had indeed pooped himself on purpose I went off. Man that pissed me off bad!!!!!!! I reported him too and he is no longer a member because of..Thank God. I do have a few other I suspect because of things they also said that counter their claim to be.. but I am not the non-incontinent police on here and I am not going to give examples as they are still members. I only reported this person because I felt it was criminal to dupe a nurse into changing him and bragging on it. But I will say when people on here say they like to poop themself in public it makes me mad, but it makes me down right pissed when they say well those people I am offending with my raw shit smell,...they will just assume I am incontinent so it is no big deal That makes my blood boil a bit and we do have a few people this shallow and they know who they are..
But I can understand that someone might be ABDL for years and become incontinent. I can maybe see a incontinent person become a diaper lover. As I love the fact my diaper lets me live life to the fullest and I absolutely love how much better they have gotten over the last 30 years. But I really doubt to many IC people become AB. It's something you would already know if you are or are not. Not saying someone could be a AB in hiding and become incontinent and then say use it as an excuse. But I have ZERO ISSUE with ABDLIC people as long as they are being respectful to the IC members and not using us as an excuse for bad behavior. Example... Like I know could easily make it to the potty for number 2 while in a crowed place full of people, but since I have a diaper on I will just use it and blame my IC if anyone stares... Because like..They will totally get over it!... Well that is nothing a IC only person would ever do, so yeah that upsets me.
I do not care why people wear diapers.. but anyone who does not respect those around them on when they go while under control, I have lost respect for them. But anyone that tricks folks into changing them for their pleasure I hope they rot in hell and get arrested. If I knew the name of the nursing home old dude was in I would of called them myself and told them he was a fake. I would of also called the cops. The really sad thing was a few members was giving him a thumbs up. But It was not just one post it was many over about 18 months so please don't think I was judging without cause. I mean the admins here are the ones that removed him not me..

Anyway from being IC only I have no issues with the person that made the original post!!!!

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, mirrored22, Pino and 2 others
I am incontinent and have become unashamedly DL as a result of wearing nappies 24/7. Growing up I was a nightly bedwetter and it never bothered me at all. I am pretty sure this helped me become DL .Being DL certainly helps me cope with my incontinence.

Last edited:
Reactions: princessarya, DLfuunseeker, freedom69 and 3 others
I have said it before on Reddit and at least once on here. "There is a difference between wanting to wear diapers and needing to wear diapers. Just because I like to wear diapers doesn't also mean that there are days I wish I did not have to."

I am mildly incontinent due to an OAB with occasional urge incontinence. Meaning it always feels like I need to go and sometimes I end up going when not expecting it.

I am AB as well because I like my onesies, pacifiers, and a bottle I have and I have days where it is hard to adult.

Reactions: princessarya, Edgewater and Dinotopian2002
I was born with a childlike personality, not exactly AB, but always interested in the same stuff I remember when I was 3 to 5. This childlike personality trait, if I can call it that, is pretty common in my family. That’s why I call myself a little and not an AB, although I can play in that space too.

I was also born with an unpredictable, urgent, and frequent inability to control my bladder and bowels. In short, a genetic defect to my nervous system. I have some other symptoms from it besides incontinence. So I have suffered from IC my whole life and it’s gotten much worse as I’ve gotten older (mostly from injuries and some illnesses).

Prior to joining this site 15 years ago I was on some other IC online support groups. On one of them I got to know this guy with MS. He used to say, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. He had no problems delving into AB diapers and even AB clothing. Now I know there are a lot of adults who don’t have a child like personality. But if you do and you are IC, then freaking make lemonade!

Reactions: princessarya, Rezzu, Edgewater and 2 others
TiffanyAB said:
I’ve a lifetime bedwetter and pretty sure wearing nappies all my life has made me very much abdl
I am sure my constant bedwetting as a kid and a teenager lead to my DL tendencies.

Reactions: princessarya, Edgewater and (deleted member)
I think after my incident of holding on forever around 7 or 8 years old led to a change for the worst with my bladder and from that moment on it always gave me problems, for someones trip to the toilet I would do three, always slightly painful trying to hang on but I did some times get very near to wetting myself.
Now holding on to my bladder means I csn end up cleaning up a B M and that is not a good thing for me.

• Sad
Reactions: princessarya and Edgewater
princessarya said:
So I've always had a little side, but the past few years I've put it to the back burner due to my increasing IC issues. I didn't want to feel I was making light out of legit medical issues, but ultimately I have recently decided to just be me and if that includes buying a huge playpen (that I noted elsewhere) and fill it with stuffies and toys and coloring books while also having a legitimate need to wear diapers, then so be it.

So I guess I wanted to know about others who are IC but also ABDL or DDLG or whatever and your thoughts on balancing the two things.
I am the same having to wear do to need but also like wearing. I've grown to like wearing my diapers. So I completely understand your feelings.

Eclectic said:
I was born with a childlike personality, not exactly AB, but always interested in the same stuff I remember when I was 3 to 5. This childlike personality trait, if I can call it that, is pretty common in my family. That’s why I call myself a little and not an AB, although I can play in that space too.

I was also born with an unpredictable, urgent, and frequent inability to control my bladder and bowels. In short, a genetic defect to my nervous system. I have some other symptoms from it besides incontinence. So I have suffered from IC my whole life and it’s gotten much worse as I’ve gotten older (mostly from injuries and some illnesses).

Prior to joining this site 15 years ago I was on some other IC online support groups. On one of them I got to know this guy with MS. He used to say, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. He had no problems delving into AB diapers and even AB clothing. Now I know there are a lot of adults who don’t have a child like personality. But if you do and you are IC, then freaking make lemonade!
Ha, me too, I have always had a childish outlook on life, the toys just got bigger. I am and have been for a long while incontinent, Uic only thankfully, but the early guilt about actualy liking nappies as well as needing them has made the problem much easier to bear.
The urology surgeon who removed my cancerous prostate was very surprised when I told him that the incontinence did not worry me, apparently that is what freaks out most men more than losing the sexual function.
I grow lemons and love lemonade.

Reactions: Edgewater
I'm IC DL not Ab but yeah loving yourself as you are help make IC easier

• Love
In my case, I’m definitely IC first and a DL second, and I try to prioritise my IC first, especially when posting here.

It’s taken me a long time to accept my padded state, but being padded 24/7 and being able to enjoy parts of that state, is much better than feeling bad about it.

If I’m a DL, the primary reason why I love diapers is because they keep me dry and comfy (and being in chronic pain I need to take my comfort where I can). And I would argue that being DL is a valid coping mechanism for being IC - if you need to wear diapers, there’s nothing wrong with enjoying it.

But I’m mindful that not everyone is that way inclined, and I try not to force my DL side on this side of the forum. If I do share any experiences here, it’s usually stories of diaper affirmation and acceptance.

Yes, I do wear ABDL diapers in public sometimes, but this is to help manage my incontinence first and foremost. And if these stories help reduce the stigma around diapers and help other people with IC feel better about wearing protection, then frankly that’s a good thing.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: princessarya, Incon97 and Edgewater
weemouse said:
i agree 110%, as my post earlier in this thread says i only have ‘minor’ IC (OAB) but it is still very annoying to deal with, constantly having to interrupt what im doing to go to the bathroom and waking up 5 or 6 times during the night to pee is not fun at all! im not even at the point where i have lost any amount of control over actually going but it really does affect my life.
The question is, what happens if you do not go in time? Like in a traffic jam?
I thought to just have OAB for three years, until i peed myself on the way to the toilet. Sometimes you realize the hard way.
As long as i am close to a toilet, for example at home, my risk of a wet pants is very low.

Last edited:
Back