Bedwetting running in the family

shara said:
My mom wet the bed when she was a teenager
My brother and I wet the bed
My brother stopped getting the bed wet at 16, but for me, I continue to pee in the bed.
My children wet the bed until they are 5 years old.
my daughter started peeing in the bed again at 15 due to stress from school
To this day she still continues to wet the bed.
like me and i think there is no shame in wetting the bed
of course the diapers are for night comfort to sleep well for a restful night
So yes I think it's hereditary
This is the sort of post that interests me a lot: it gives a whole family history, with all the variety that one might expect from chromosome roulette. I wish that @shara had stuck around longer than 10 days so that we could learn more about how her family members felt about their wetting the bed, especially the daughter who was under stress at school. Regressing like that was probably the last thing the poor kid needed at that difficult time in her life.

Reactions: Diprs2
Moo said:
No chance. I don't want to start adding profile options about who someone was in the past.
Certainly not for things that are presumably long in the past, but that might still be something they're embarrassed about today.
Thanks for running a fantastic site! In making my profile, I stated that I was a diaper lover. Since I have no trouble staying dry when awake, my occasional bedwetting didn’t seem to justify saying that I was incontinent. There was no other way to succinctly describe my situation, so I later gave in and claimed incontinence. I really wish there were a bedwetter option to go along with the other categories. It seems at least as important as some of the other choices.

Reactions: ryanbailey, Diprs2 and ForArt
gobphus said:
Thanks for running a fantastic site! In making my profile, I stated that I was a diaper lover. Since I have no trouble staying dry when awake, my occasional bedwetting didn’t seem to justify saying that I was incontinent. There was no other way to succinctly describe my situation, so I later gave in and claimed incontinence. I really wish there were a bedwetter option to go along with the other categories. It seems at least as important as some of the other choices.
I would like to see an adult bedwetter page too.

Reactions: bdale, ryanbailey and Diprs2
Back