Bedwetting end age

Stacy said:
This is some really good stuff. Honestly.
Not in a weird way haha, just good data :)

I wet the bed until 12 and then it was a pretty quick change from being wet all the time to being dry most nights. I wore diapers at first for bedwetting after day training and then transitioned to Goodnites which I wore until I stopped wetting.

Reactions: MikeyD1981
Just a couple months before I turned 12.
It was almost every night, with a dry night hear and there
And was forced to wear a diaper.

Last edited:
Stacy said:
If you wet the bed at night as a kid, at what age did you stop? Did it turn off abruptly or was it a slow process? How did you and your parents handle it? (Plastic sheets, Goodnites, etc. Do you think bedwetting contributed to your DL tendencies?
autistic and still in nappies

littlebabyandy said:
autistic and still in nappies
I am still in nappies

I think I stopped right before I turned 7...but always wanted to keep doing it!

Reactions: Woncrinklz and chamberpot
I fully stopped age 17, I wear now for pleasure and convenience and wet most nights. Its become the norm again.

Reactions: Lyric, Woncrinklz and chamberpot
SoccerKara said:
I wet the bed until 12 and then it was a pretty quick change from being wet all the time to being dry most nights. I wore diapers at first for bedwetting after day training and then transitioned to Goodnites which I wore until I stopped wetting.
Did anyone know you wore them

I was out of daytime diapers before age 2-1/2 and nighttime by age 3, and I don’t have any memory of not being potty trained. I remember having occasional accidents at night for a few years after my brother was born when I was four, and after that it was a very rare occurrence. The last time I remember was at age 9 or 10. I just changed my PJs and went back to sleep on the dry side of the bed, and my mom didn’t make a big deal about it the next morning. As long as I can remember, I had a desire to wear diapers, and when my brother was still in them at night (around age 7 for me), I thought about wetting my bed on purpose to try and be put back in a diaper at night, but I never had the nerve to try it.

abcde12678 said:
Did anyone know you wore them
My family - mom, dad, older brother, younger sister - of course. A few relatives and also a very select few of my friends.

Reactions: hanbanan and MikeyD1981
sissybaby34 said:
I fully stopped age 17, I wear now for pleasure and convenience and wet most nights. Its become the norm again.
I had much the same experience. I wet my bed and had to wear diapers and rubber pants until I was 17 and stopped. By then, I had grown to enjoy diapers, wetting myself and playing with myself under my diapers, especially after they were wet. Back then, my mother used cloth diapers which she combined together, folded and pinned them on me. I wore Gerber plastic pants over the diapers-we called them rubber pants. For years after I wore diapers for comfort and pleasure, but at some point I started wearing diapers more often, now full time and my bedwetting seems to have returned.

Reactions: Luvshugs, nectar0001 and sissybaby34
I havent stopped yet, unless times when i've been in the hospital (was not awake) and they put in a cath. Wasnt the worst thing, they did an IO into my bone marrow...Wasnt awake for the going in, but was used a couple times when i was awake (Lost my iv's in my arms, yes both) that was the worst pain i've ever felt, not like any other pain ive ever felt a well.

I was only sleeping in diapers until 3-1/2, so I'm not sure you'd call me a bedwetter. I can remember lying in bed and watching Mom pin my cloth diaper. I don't remember the wet mornings, but those must've been about as common.

My plumbing has always been a problem since about 6 or 7 ish when I held onto a bladder full due to be on a coach and after that my bladder was of a very small capacity and over the years it has proven to be very problematical for me
As I recall I only one or two bed wetting instances after being out of Nappies at I believe around 18 months ?
Possibly taken out of Nappies too early but do have one or two memories of laying in a pram outside in a painfull Nappy ?
Bed wetting became the norm around 40 years of age and has not changed since
with every night being a wet night.

Wetshisbed said:
I was a chronic nightly bedwetter growing up and honestly don't remember being dry at night before my teens. I continued wetting throughout my teens and in to my early 20s. From being about 20 it gradually got less and I was finally dry at night just before my 22nd birthday.
I have had episodes of bedwetting throughout my adult life. Sometimes an odd night and others lasting a week or more. Then I had a long dry spell from my late 30s until my late 40s when all of a sudden I started wetting the bed again. By 50 I was a nightly wetter and in nappies 24/7 as my daytime control was rapidly disappearing. 10 years on and I wet the bed every night and have very little day time control.
My history is so like yours. Eldest child and still being nappies at night well into my teens while my younger siblings were dry. In 20’s and 30’s I was pretty dry most of the time but had the odd accident due to extreme tiredness / deep sleep when working shifts and sleeping off nights, also when poorly or drank too much. My wife (not together now) got annoyed and suggested me wearing a nappy at night not knowing that I was used to that as a child and teen. She was great with a sewing machine and made some oversized cloth shaped nappies (double thickness Terry into which I then added a folded baby Terry as extra pad ) to pin on and I sourced plastic pants through chemists and I started wearing my nappies every night. I was aware that disposables such as Attends and Tena were available but I was only wetting occasionally so that was a waste of a disposable that couldn’t be retaped. Plus at that time my young kids were in Terry nappies so nappy washing every couple of days was the family routine. Once back in nappies I slept better and was more relaxed as a person and for me I want embarrassed by it as I had been so used to it. Fast forward to my 40’s, a severe back injury and ultimately surgery has resulted in nerve damage and bladder control issues. I’ve been back in, and wet, every night for last 20 years now. I also have OAB which can catch me out in the daytime so it’s nappies at night and also protection such as pull ups in the day time (sometimes a nappy if travelling or in situations where quick toilet access is an issue ). I’m remarried and my wife is very supportive and understanding.

Despite the need to wear nappies, I actually am so used to it I actually enjoy wearing. Can’t put a finger on why, but I really do feel happier and more comfortable with a nappy on - wet or dry ! Deep down I’ve often wondered what it wouid be like to be babied and cared for but something holds me back from ever divulging that side of me to my wife. We do get intimate when I’m wearing, she checks every night to ensure I’m nappied for bed and will cuddle me and tease me through my nappy, even telling me that she’s proud of me for coping with this.

We all have different stories and experiences. For me nappy wearing is just part of who i am and my wife totally accepts I need to wear them. She happily washes my cloth nappies and plastic pants and reminds me when I’m running low on disposables / wipes etc . I’m blessed to have someone so understanding

Reactions: Blekyss, bedwetter bobby and Lewis Badger
Napincolove said:
My plumbing has always been a problem since about 6 or 7 ish when I held onto a bladder full due to be on a coach and after that my bladder was of a very small capacity and over the years it has proven to be very problematical for me
As I recall I only one or two bed wetting instances after being out of Nappies at I believe around 18 months ?
Possibly taken out of Nappies too early but do have one or two memories of laying in a pram outside in a painfull Nappy ?
Bed wetting became the norm around 40 years of age and has not changed since
with every night being a wet night.
Me too

PCS said:
4 when I stopped wearing nappies at night.

I always assumed it was 3 until I saw some photos from the family holiday we went on during which my 4th birthday happened and there’s a picture of me in pyjamas with an unmistakable nappy bulge and white plastic poking out.

I only had occasional bed wetting accidents after that.

I’m now back in nappies every night as I’ve always needed to get up in the night to wee and find that I get a better night’s sleep when I wear them.

My partner doesn’t mind at all, which is a bonus!
Still in nappies at night at 60 out of necessity, my wife totally accepts it.

JonahAteAWhale said:
Hey! I wet the bed every night until I was about 10. I would often be cared for by my grandparents and they would put me in nappies to go to bed. I had appointments with the doctor but no cause was found, However my step-dad one day decided to sort things out, and would wake me up in the night, carry me to the toilet, and make me pee. It took a long time (or maybe it felt like a long time) but the bed wetting reduced a lot but would still happen from time to time. When I was much older and started drinking, I would wet the bed even if I hadn't had much to drink. However I was still skinny and just bought myself Drynites. Then when I was older again I was placed on medication for an unrelated condition, and I seemed to wet the bed more often even if I hadn't had alcohol. I'm not worried though, I've always liked wearing a nappy to bed (maybe because of ten years of childhood doing so?), they make me feel safe and content, so I just wear a nappy at night now.
Similar to me, nappied at night into my teens and my grandma was the most caring person in my life. Bedwetting eased off in my early adulthood but never ever went completely away then in my 40’s spinal injury started off more permanent incontinence and I’ve been back in nappies now for 20 years. Good job I feel comfortable in them and like you said I think my childhood experience conditioned me to feel comfortable in them .

dllovergirl83 said:
I stopped wetting every night until I was 11 and wore medical diapers. Then it was every few nights and then every few weeks until I was in my late teens. I had accidents every few months until my mid 20s and then every few years…. I still am not sure when the next time will come. If i have a heavy drinking night I might wet.
My parents bought me medical style blue tape diapers and then when I stopped wetting every night they tought me how to use the washing machine and I would take care of it And they never said anything when an accident would happen. If we went on holidays after I didn’t wear diapers to bed every night they always made sure that I wore them wile away as managing an accident on holiday is not easy…that was always hard on me having to have the talk…. We’re going on vacation and we got you diapers….we can’t have an accident we know you understand … blah blah it wasn’t meant to be a punishment nor was a made to feel that way even though I had no choice. It did give me feeling of resentment until i learned to accept it.
Did you ever have any accidents while being diapered on those vacations? Or was it just a precautionary measure for no apparent reason?

Palle said:
Did you ever have any accidents while being diapered on those vacations? Or was it just a precautionary measure for no apparent reason?
There were times yes where i had an accident on vaca and that was a exactly why the precaution. You never knew really especially on holidays different habits and diets…

Back