Bedwetting end age

Stacy

Stacy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
If you wet the bed at night as a kid, at what age did you stop? Did it turn off abruptly or was it a slow process? How did you and your parents handle it? (Plastic sheets, Goodnites, etc. Do you think bedwetting contributed to your DL tendencies?

Reactions: KBoy, Deletion, FastBlackRX7 and 4 others
70 and haven't stopped yet

Reactions: TexasDiaperLover, Woncrinklz, Mathew and 8 others
chamberpot said:
70 and haven't stopped yet
Me, too, almost... Actually just 68 and haven't stopped yet.

Reactions: Babybike2, Diprs2, Wetshisbed and 6 others
Stacy said:
If you wet the bed at night as a kid, at what age did you stop? Did it turn off abruptly or was it a slow process? How did you and your parents handle it? (Plastic sheets, Goodnites, etc. Do you think bedwetting contributed to your DL tendencies?
I’m still in diapers and plastic pants all the time

Attachments

• D57B0A88-5CF3-4FC4-A769-F0F4C89538F4.jpeg
    D57B0A88-5CF3-4FC4-A769-F0F4C89538F4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 131
Reactions: Diprs2 and MegaLugia
I think I was like in 6th grade when i stopped all of sudden. I was like 2-3 times a week bedwetter so I didn’t wear diapers. Just dealt with wet sheets and sleepwear.

• Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, Canadianfalls, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I honestly don’t remember ever doing it. Well, at least not until recently on purpose.

Reactions: Diprs2
I went from a chronic every night bedwetter to a "part-time bedwetter" around the 8th grade- so age 13 or so. Until then I experienced very few dry nights ever. I then started to taper off but was still wetting anywhere from 3-5 nights a week. Even by the end of high school and into college it was not unsual to be dry for several nights than wet for several nights. I never got to what you would call reliably dry and am that way to this day and I am almost 35.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and Diprs2
My parents told me I was completely potty trained close to two. My mom left abruptly a few months later and I stopped talking and back to bed wetting every night for quite a few more years. After that, I was an occasional bed wetter through high school/college and into my early 20s. My son died when I was 26. Since then, I have had long spells on constant wetting followed by dry spells that are never longer than a couple months. I wear diapers every night now

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: surprise35, JaberandCamgar, Canadianfalls and 5 others
Much to the relief of my 2 brothers I was just over 6 when I stop wetting the bed. We shared a bed and there were many times they were wet in the morning. There was no bedwetting protection in my days and diapers were out of the question.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ILuvDiapers, Diprs2 and wetnights
cloakplt said:
My parents told me I was completely potty trained close to two. My mom left abruptly a few months later and I stopped talking and back to bed wetting every night for quite a few more years. After that, I was an occasional bed wetter through high school/college and into my early 20s. My son died when I was 26. Since then, I have had long spells on constant wetting followed by dry spells that are never longer than a couple months. I wear diapers every night now
Condolences in regards to your son

Reactions: diapeybabybrian, Diprs2, Hell2DaNaw and 2 others
24 and it hasnt stopped yet!

Wet most nights till around 9 when it tapered off and ended. Bed had a rubber sheet and I was frequently diapered (cloth & plastic pants). It resumed at 19 when I got into serious beer drinking. As much of if not more of a wetting lover than DL, I sometimes think my WL started with bedwetting while others wonder if it was a manifestation of an established kink.

Reactions: Diprs2, Wetshisbed, Deleted member 39574 and 1 other person
I stopped bedwetting early on, but due to a car accident at 7, I've been a bedwetter ever since.

i didnt as a kid i did however start wetting the bed as a teen after a burst apendix so i still am

Wait, there's supposed to be an end age? Late 20's still have issues

Reactions: Diprs2 and MegaLugia
I can't really add any personal experience to this as aside from a very small number of accidents mostly when ill the only times I wet the bed was fully on purpose and that mostly stopped once I was able to consistently buy nappies whenever I wanted them as it was easier to clean up and hide the evidence.

I was however, actually doing a little bit of research and reading on this personally just this morning, so here is what I found.

From various studies conducted by different medical bodies (like the UK's NHS) it seems that children who are able to be completely dry without any issues are generally potty trained and dry at night by around age 4-5. Studies have shown that around 21% of 4 and a half year olds wet the bed less than twice a week and only 8% wet more than that, meaning 29% still wet the bed and 71% are dry at night by 4 and a half.

Some may take a little longer to be completely free of night wetting but the majority are mostly dry at night by about 4 and a half having maybe 2-4 accidents a month until around 5 years.
It is recommended by most bodies that if a child is still having 1 or 2 wet nights a week after the age of 5 to have them see a doctor in case of medical causes.

For those who do have a little more of a problem gaining control it is estimated (going from medical records) that around 15% of all children between the age of 5 and 10 will experience some degree of bedwetting. This number tends to vary by country for example in the USA the estimate is 15% in the UK it is 8-10%, by the age of 15 the estimates of children still wetting the bed regularly (even just once or twice a week) drops down to about 2-3%.

Various environmental, social and economic factors seem to impact this figure and the actual percentage may be higher as some families may not report it to their doctor so it never reaches their records.

To put that into perspective the UK has, at the last record update, around 10 million children in the school system (up to 16 years) 5.5 million of which are in primary school (ages 4-10). Using those percentages would mean in the UK alone possibly as many as 550,000 children between 5 and 10 still wet the bed regularly and 200,000 are still wetting the bed by age 15.

Studies also show that bed wetting tends to affect slightly more boys than it does girls with around 65% of records being for boys.

Studies also seem to show that children who are still wetting the bed more frequently than two or three times a week by the age of 8 are more likely to still have a problem by the age of 15 and onwards. While children who are able to get almost completely dry nights before that may or may not experience a relapse later on in their childhood especially in their early teens as hormones and other physiological changes happen. They are also more likely to be able to keep that dryness and control into adulthood.

Given that estimates are 1-2% of adults still experience nocturnal enuresis and between 5-20% of adults, depending on location, suffer from UIC it seems quite likely that most of the children who have not been able to stay dry at night by the age of 15 are likely to remain as bed wetters well into adulthood, joined by others who develop IC past their childhood.

I was unable to find any studies correlating UIC and nocturnal enuresis in adults to childhood bed wetting, but I also wasn't looking too deeply, I am sure studies like this have been carried out but they are buried deeper than a couple hours of poking around will produce.

Reactions: Dprguy, Diprs2 and MegaLugia
I stopped around 13 or 14, I used mostly goodnites after 6 and before that it was a mix of pullups and regular diapers.

It was 4 months shy of my 10th birthday. My younger brother, by 14 months, stopped about 6 months later. We shared a bedroom at the time so it was a relief when we both stopped. Only occasional episodes after that until I had a bad fall when I was 14, then it started up intermittently.

Stacy said:
I was abused as a kid and forced to be in nappies so ye. Then I wet on and off no nappies once I was adopted

I stopped at age 14

Reactions: KBoy, Diprs2 and RyseBaby
Back