Babyfur?

onecho said:
Two words: Marci badge. Once you have that, you’re in like Flynn.

That’s not entirely true; just somewhat. Honestly, as others have mentioned, there’s no hard and fast rule. Do you like babyfur art? Does the thought of having a fursona appeal to you? Do you have a soft-spot for cute creatures? If you answered yes to any of these, you could very well be part of the BF/LF community.

There’s really no rules other than those vague pieces of guidance.
Marci makes such cute art :) So does Tavi, his stuff is adorable and JadeFox all super adorable.

Reactions: TaviMunk
TittleTyler said:
Marci makes such cute art :) So does Tavi, his stuff is adorable and JadeFox all super adorable.
Funny you mention them, too. Jade’s art is what first got me into the babyfur world and Tavi is an all-around great guy. Talked to him a few times; very warm and caring.

Reactions: TaviMunk
Do BabyFurs have to be babies? I mean, yes, I do see that it is in the name, but hear me out...
There was a comic called Incontinent Student Bodies (based on the amazing Associated Student Bodies series). It starred furries who had varying degrees of incontinence, or were simply DL.
What if someone's fursona was a DL due to incontinence? More school age regression?
I've been wondering this. I kind of have a fursona of me, and having UIC issues, it makes sense that she also deals with that.
Is your fursona who you are? Or who you want to be? The animal that speaks to your soul? Or the animal that represents your life and actions?
It feels like this is an important decision to me, and I really want to get it right.

hoimi said:
Do BabyFurs have to be babies? I mean, yes, I do see that it is in the name, but hear me out...
There was a comic called Incontinent Student Bodies (based on the amazing Associated Student Bodies series). It starred furries who had varying degrees of incontinence, or were simply DL.
What if someone's fursona was a DL due to incontinence? More school age regression?
I've been wondering this. I kind of have a fursona of me, and having UIC issues, it makes sense that she also deals with that.
Is your fursona who you are? Or who you want to be? The animal that speaks to your soul? Or the animal that represents your life and actions?
It feels like this is an important decision to me, and I really want to get it right.

It really is completely up to you. Your fursona could be a diaperfur and not a babyfur, could be both, or neither. To me, a fursona is just a character that I like, that doesn't have to be the same for you. All in all, there are no set rules for any of this stuff, so do whatever feels right :) You can always change your mind later too!

Reactions: Jonnythepony, hoimi and ClaudTheBear
hoimi said:

From what I understand, that's its own sub-genre known as diaperfur, which is separated from babyfur the same way DL is separate from AB. I have no idea if there's a separate sub-sub-genre for incontinent furs, but I wouldn't be surprised.

PurplePup89 said:
From what I understand, that's its own sub-genre known as diaperfur, which is separated from babyfur the same way DL is separate from AB. I have no idea if there's a separate sub-sub-genre for incontinent furs, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I've never seen one. Either those incontinent just don't talk about it or they use one of the other options to find access to a group who are, by (almost) default, not 'squicked' by diapers.

That being said: There is a schism between the 'SFW' babyfurs and those who get artwork with their young furry selves in sexual situations, though. The second group is generally shunned by furries in general even more than those who are SFW. (IE: Babyfurs/Littlefurs who do not see that part of themselves as sexual in nature are accepted far more readily than those who pursue artwork that would be considered CP if not involving small animals. IE: "Oh, you're not one of THOSE ones...")

You might've caught that "Littlefur" in there so yes, there are OLDER 'babyfurs' and they tend to call themselves "Littlefurs"

Littlefurs can range from just above toddler age to tweens I think. Not sure there's a hard and fast 'rule' about it just that your fursona isn't an infant.

Toddler age can use "toddlerfur" but is also overlapped with babyfur and isn't quite as common.

Babyfur is just being an AB and a furry at the same time. :) We create characters who are cute little foxies/wolves/kitties/whatever to represent us, some of us attend furry cons, some of us make babyfur artwork... it's as simple as that I think ^^

Speaking about artwork, I draw too :D I even did people commissions a couple of times ^^

CuddleWoozle said:
You might've caught that "Littlefur" in there so yes, there are OLDER 'babyfurs' and they tend to call themselves "Littlefurs"

Littlefurs can range from just above toddler age to tweens I think. Not sure there's a hard and fast 'rule' about it just that your fursona isn't an infant.

My fursona is between 2 and 3 years old, does it mean I'm a littlefur not a babyfur then? o.o

Reactions: onecho
SigrunTheFoxy said:
My fursona is between 2 and 3 years old, does it mean I'm a littlefur not a babyfur then? o.o

You can use whatever term you like, I was just supplying alternatives that people usually use for different age ranges. I think 2-3 would still be able to qualify for babyfur if you liked.

I tended more towards 'littlefur' or my personal choice 'kidfur'...I'm not sure many others use it but I use it because 'little' has the ageplay connotation to it where 'kidfur' does not. However it encompasses the same age ranges that littlefur does but with, for me, no ambiguousness about sexual undertones.

Reactions: AJFan2020, SigrunTheFoxy and hoimi
You're pretty much a babyfur/diaperfur if you identify with that term. Like CuddleWoozle said, some people also use terms like kidfur, littlefur, or rarely toddlerfur.

Some people have fursonas that are simply characters, and others have ones that are moreso a furry reflection of themselves (or at least an idealized version of themselves.) I would consider myself the latter, with a single fursona that has aesthetic I'd like to have, but it just depends on the person and how they view their fursonas.

please tell me more about what a baby fur is.

vrmcp said:
please tell me more about what a baby fur is.
That's a very open ended question for a thread that already has two pages of discussion about it. Did you have something specific you wanted us to elaborate on?

I'm kinda a half furry I don't like the whole costume and covering my face but I do like ears and tails!!:)

Good luck with your adventure into the world of furry and babyfur, Pack dice!

What kind of animals do guys/gals like to dress up as?

That's a very popular misconception people have about furries. There are only a very small group that will go so far as buy a suit and dress up as their character. Most just have a fursona which is in essence just an avatar of what they may pretend to be. They will use that avatar as a way to express their likes and dislikes. A character to be an extention of themselves in chats or anything they can use their imagination for. I like the artwork of mine. Each piece says something different and triggers an emotion for me. I can use mine to be silly when I don't feel like I can in the real world at that time. Make sense?

I looked at the babyfur forum last year and it was something I found enjoyable. Not something I wanted to jump into now but the future holds many surprises. Four years ago I just wanted to use up the diapers I had by wearing 24/7 and that became part of my life.

ShastaBaby said:
What kind of animals do guys/gals like to dress up as?
I don't dress up but my sona was a jackalope/antelope

First off, your drawing is hecking awesome! You got some real talent!

Secondly, one doesn't really have to do anything to be a babyfur other than identify as/want to be one! While most babyfurs have a fursona that's a babyfur character (often a younger age and/or dawning a crinkly diapee) and have various art featuring their babyfursona, there's no hard and fast requirement set in stone to being a babyfur!

Simply enjoy the community and art and if you want to be one...well, you are one! Simple as that! :D

Reactions: TaviMunk, Blathers and perlFerret
Back