Are We Having A Food Shortage Now ?

Well, it's getting a bit better here. But there are still huge prices. At least I can sell my hens' eggs, along with eating 'em!
But I think we all have learned a HUGER lesson here with being cleaner, not wiping our filthy hands on stuff like doorknobs and eating stuff after touching one's nose or mouth or (!) or coughing in each other's faces, etc. Plus, I think some people have learned about how viruses have and do spread thanks sadly to this epidemic. I care for people who are mentally challenged. The main thing is the people I care for have learned MORE about hygiene and caring for themselves and considering others due to their thoughtless (not punning here) actions. I really wasn't able to drive it "home" to some because it was like pissing in the wind. But when TV and doctors say "Don't", etc., it sure helped me in my job!!!

Reactions: SennkohCoola
fleckothefennec said:
This is my first year gardening at my off grid property, so far most of my stuff is in the greenhouse I built earlier this year, I plan to have much more garden space next year as well as chickens and rabbits 😁
I can help you with chicken questions! Actually, rabbits, goats, horses, partridges, pheasants, reptiles, fish, small mammals, opossums (Virginian), moles, insects (?), and possibly humans. Not so much on humans. I only had a few.lau.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SennkohCoola, Angelapinks and fleckothefennec
Wondercrinkee said:
I can help you with chicken questions! Actually, rabbits, goats, horses, partridges, pheasants, reptiles, fish, small mammals, opossums (Virginian), moles, insects (?), and possibly humans. Not so much on humans. I only had a few.View attachment 80975
Sweet I will totally take you up on that. Later this year I will be starting to set up a space for rabbits and chickens to be prepared for next spring.

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz
SennkohCoola said:
It's nice and warm in the 80s and 90 all this week great time to visit Rapid City South Dakota USA now!
Yes 96 F in Southern Ontario, Canada. A quick trip to the cemetery to water flowers then home again after picking up some milk.

Reactions: SennkohCoola
Wondercrinkee said:
I can help you with chicken questions! Actually, rabbits, goats, horses, partridges, pheasants, reptiles, fish, small mammals, opossums (Virginian), moles, insects (?), and possibly humans. Not so much on humans. I only had a few.View attachment 80975
OK Noah that s good to know. I cannot have any of those in the city although the council have just OK'd chickens after several complaints from owners. Now we hear roosters crowing as well as dogs barking so I need to get sound proof windows and doors.

• Wow
Reactions: Woncrinklz
fleckothefennec said:
Sweet I will totally take you up on that. Later this year I will be starting to set up a space for rabbits and chickens to be prepared for next spring.
Absolutely more than happy to be there for ya! It's fun! Raising your own flock/etc. is fun!!! Kinda hard, but rewardingly fun. Time is consumed by pleasure, not headaches. Trust me.

Reactions: fleckothefennec
Angelapinks said:
OK Noah that s good to know. I cannot have any of those in the city although the council have just OK'd chickens after several complaints from owners. Now we hear roosters crowing as well as dogs barking so I need to get sound proof windows and doors.
Sounds like maybe someone got a "straight run" order of chicks? (Mixed sexes). But you can get baby hens. I can connect you to some good suppliers, although there may very well be some neighborhood suppliers. But getting chicks means sexing them. Pre-sexed is best to avoid the silly roosters unless you live FAR away or have tolerant neighbors. Funny.
Amazon, among other suppliers, sells chick brooder packs. I can explain everything. Believe me, I can. Along with the types of most friendly and good starter breeds. But it's worth it! Chickens are fun! Also rather surprisingly smart!

Reactions: Angelapinks and fleckothefennec
Back