Anyone else terrified of public restrooms?

meowmind

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Most of them terrify me. There are a few I have got comfortable with, but 90% of them completely terrify me. Why are they always so cold and dark? The main thing that always gets me is how loud the toilets are. If I walk in and see a flushometer toilet, I turn and walk right out. The auto flush ones are even worse. Over the last 10 years or so, I have got better about urinals, especially if the need to go outweighs the fear, but my heart is still racing every time I walk into a public restroom.

So glad that I am less conscious about being padded in public for the most part now days, makes avoiding these situations a bit easier, till I need to change. I also wonder if this fear early on had any influence on my desire to stay in diapers.

Reactions: diaperkool, ChristianDiaperLover, JamisonFTM and 2 others
yes!!! i've hated public restrooms for almost all of my life! i can't stand how loud those automatic flushing toilets are, nor how aggressive they are. i get intrusive thoughts about getting infections and getting sick from bacteria, so going into these places is so hard for me because i have no idea who used it last or if they were sick, etc. i'm also a trans man, so whenever i go into the men's restroom there's always this fear that someone is going to notice that i don't have a penis- i actually get very scared when i go into a stall to pee because i'm afraid that someone will overhear that and make a bad assumption. i know that some cisgender men sit down to pee, but the thought is still always in the back of my mind. plus, i am very often interpreted as a trans woman by strangers (i have had people come up to me and tell me to be careful because people attack "certain girls", for example), so that creates even further dangers of being harmed in public bathrooms... there are just too many reports of trans people being yelled at and attacked in public restrooms for me to ever feel safe in one

plus like you said they're just cold and dark. i have no idea why public restrooms are never adequately heated, sometimes you sit down on the seat and it's made out of ice! they're disgusting and unwelcoming. i will use them when i absolutely have to and can't wait as i'm incontinent, but i try to avoid them at all costs when possible. i'm with you on this one! they're gross and scary!

Reactions: mistykitty
I’m not terrified by them, more like disgusted by them and feel fortunate to be diapered 24/7 so that generally I can take or leave them depending on their condition.

Reactions: ianwee and PaddedPonyboy
I'm fine with them, but I completely understand the stigma.

Dirty, smelly, loud, cold, and who knows who's in there?

Last edited:
I don’t mind them. Most people don’t want to speak to you, although, I find I am on high alert or try to keep to myself especially if I need to focus on pooping.

A nearby village (now on its way to becoming a small town), gets a lot of boat-based holidaymakers. (It's connected by river to the Norfolk Broads). As a result, the parish council upgraded the car park toilets (which also have a shower section).They used to be fairly grotty, but are now much smarter, with Dyson Airblade hand-driers, etc.
However, it's come at a cost (20p) and has an electronic lock. (You have to tap your bank/credit card to gain access).As a result, it seems to have put people off from using it.
So when I have to use it, I am usually the only one doing so.

Yeah i am x

meowmind said:
Most of them terrify me. There are a few I have got comfortable with, but 90% of them completely terrify me. Why are they always so cold and dark? The main thing that always gets me is how loud the toilets are. If I walk in and see a flushometer toilet, I turn and walk right out. The auto flush ones are even worse. Over the last 10 years or so, I have got better about urinals, especially if the need to go outweighs the fear, but my heart is still racing every time I walk into a public restroom.

So glad that I am less conscious about being padded in public for the most part now days, makes avoiding these situations a bit easier, till I need to change. I also wonder if this fear early on had any influence on my desire to stay in diapers.
I wouldn't use the word 'Terrified' of public heads.
I much prefer the word 'Disgusted,' which applies to their condition and lack of maintenance.
The one thing I'm most grateful for in being forced to wear diapers 24/7 is not having to use any public convenience booth again. (With very few exceptions, when emergency/accidents happen that can't be ignored till I return home).

When did society become so vile, to do what so many do in bathrooms?

Tine said:
When did society become so vile
It's always been that way.

LittleAndAlone said:
It's always been that way.
Not entirely, but also not entirely wrong either.

Public restrooms and portapotties I have always hated just due to the fact as many have said they are often scary to be in and rarely sanitary. Even in the past and still currently even if the need was very bad it was/is very difficult for me to use one. I wear in public occasionally but I never mess in public ever. So if i absolutely have no other choice I'll use one, but if it's an occasion I'm wearing when I'm out I'll do diaper over public restroom for number 1.

Perhaps not terrified, but certainly disgusted by most of them. OK, a few have been terrifying as well.
I absolutely hate to touch anything in them and will never sit down on a toilet, even if everything looks squeaky clean.
So glad to have a diaper for #1 and I will postpone #2 for as long as possible. I rather take the pain.

How badass and macho do you have to be to scratch your name in a mirror and piss on the wall and floor on purpose? I wish I could be that cool!!! Then rev and street race everyone on the way home, project my superiority over others with the intentionally amplified sound of combustion waste byproducts, chug some beer, crumple the cans with my bare hands and go beat my wife. GRUNT GRUNT SCRATCH CROTCH YEAH ASSERT DOMINANCE 🙄

I hate knuckle draggers. Wish I could eliminate them on sight without consequences.

Did I ever mention I hate people? Especially ghetto young men. Public roads and public restrooms are two prime examples of why and will show you humanity's true form. If it wasn't for police and governments protecting them they world be the first to fail to survive on their own because people like me wouldn't put up with their aggressive BS.

So no not terrified, just ashamed and disgusted. And the toilet paper is only good if you poop concrete pellets that requires no wiping. For anything else better prep a stack of wet paper towels before you enter the stall. And if all they have are air blowers you better hope you don't get mushed lipstick poop that you have to wipe off with tracing paper.

Last edited:
Are me being afraid of public bathrooms/ Not really. But certainly I'd rather use my own bathroom. But sometimes you just have to use them. Especially when you're reaching the danger zone for having a leak.

Reactions: Tom29303
What's a "flushometer" toilet?

I don't mind them but, didn't like to use the bathroom when I was in elementary school.

I was never a big fan of them but since accepting my trans identity I have become fearful of the people I might encounter.

So far so good but it is a harrowing thought.

My two particular gripes about public toilets (or rest rooms) are about the toilet paper dispensers and the hand-washing facilities. I hate those metal drum type toilet paper dispensers which only let you pull off one tiny sheet of paper at a time ... and the handwash basins where the water keeps stopping before you've finished washing your hands .... and air hand dryers that just won't work! That's enough gripes for now!

I use to be afraid of the automatic toliets when I was younger, and remember having a breakdown and refusing to go to the bathroom and just holding it. I still don't like them, and dut to a large bladder capacity i don'tpee out in public much. I have had better control over my anxiety as an adult, til I transitioned.
Men's bathrooms are the worst; so many new smells, noises, urinals, and why is everything wet? I hate using them so much and will dehydrate myself to avoid using them. I have almost had accidents because I have held it so long, to avoid using the bathroom. I have worked hard on managingmy anxiety, as the original poster mentioned, I have 'safe' bathrooms I feel more comfortable in. I use diapers when I'm out and about around town, when I'm out for long periods of time, so I can avoid using unfamiliar store or restaurant bathrooms.

Reactions: ianwee
I really, REALLY hate public restrooms with a passion. If I have a diaper on and I got to pee, I'll definitly use it. Like many others, I would try to hold my poop till I got home, but sometimes it doesn't make it that far, lol. Used to, on my way home from school, I would use my diaper if I'm out walking back home, for both peeing and pooping.

Back