Any Other Punk Rockers?

Toy Dolls. More humor, less revolution. I saw him on stage in 1998 or thereabout.
Nirvana was my absolute favorit, my teen age was paralell with their top career.

DiaperedInDenver said:
Yeah nofx is definitely pop punk. Wasn't nirvana originally punk wayyyyy back in the day?
For sure. Nirvana started in the late 80’s in what some people called post-punk, meaning punk-sounding bands that came just after the original punk bands of the 70’s and early 80’s, which grunge became a part.

Their album Nevermind changed everything and I think the band knew it would be a success, but not the monumental success it became. It was probably one of the things that led to Kurt’s downfall and early death. I had heard that they tried to make their third album, “In Utero” as obnoxious and annoying as possible, but it became popular anyway. Such is pop culture.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperedInDenver
metalhead moreso but i grew up listening to a lot of old school punk + it still has a place in my heart... i love TSOL, Murderdolls, Rancid, Days n Daze, Misfits, The Ramones, and others I've probably forgotten the names of ..! Don't listen as much as I used to in High School, but occasionally still

Reactions: Sealander
Back