MakiasDreadclaw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I’m a huge fan of punk music and I’m curious to see if anyone else here is.

Reactions: Sealander
Yes, indeed (though you wouldn’t know it from looking at me). Favorite bands include The Clash and Operation Ivy.

I saw Mustard Plug last night at a ska show. It was a blast.

I'm not a hardcore oldschool punk fan but I have a seen a lot of punk-adjacent ska/metal bands like Big D and the Kids Table, the Chariot, Rise Against, Everytime I Die, Streetlight Manifesto, Killswitch Engage...

I like all rock. Death metal i don't like the deep voices they use. The music they use i like.

Punk rock is my favorite genre! Bad Religion is my #1 band. Other favorites are Bad Brains, Stiff Little Fingers, X, really the 80's scene.

Reactions: Eclectic, Sealander and BigAl2
PamperedMarine said:
Punk rock is my favorite genre! Bad Religion is my #1 band. Other favorites are Bad Brains, Stiff Little Fingers, X, really the 80's scene.
Love Bad Brains. Minor Threat as well.

Lived it as a teenager in the 80’s. Still live it. Some of my favorite bands:

X
Dead Kennedys
Circle Jerks
Minor Threat
Black Flag
Minutemen
Subhumans
Descendants
Bad Brains
Nomeansno
Gang Green
Fear
Germs
Melvins

I’ve seen a lot of them live.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lua24 and Sealander
I dabbled in the 80s punk scene a bit. Went to DC's 9:30 club often and caught Black Flag there. A couple of friends were into the Dead Kennedys back then, but I could take them or leave them. Years later, I learned to love the Sex Pistols.

Reactions: Lua24 and Pamperhead
TenaciousDL said:
I dabbled in the 80s punk scene a bit. Went to DC's 9:30 club often and caught Black Flag there. A couple of friends were into the Dead Kennedys back then, but I could take them or leave them. Years later, I learned to love the Sex Pistols.
I worked across town at the Bayou in Georgetown as an engineer. Saw many shows at the legendary old 9:30!

I like hardcore punk stuff, mostly anarcho and US west coast, and a bit of folk punk. Honestly though, I'm more of a twee/indie pop kid at heart, and some of that can be pretty punky depending on the artist I'd say!

Pamperhead said:
I worked across town at the Bayou in Georgetown as an engineer. Saw many shows at the legendary old 9:30!
I caught Capt Beefheart and His Magic Band at the Bayou in the early 80s. Did you catch that show?

Yes. As for subgenres, I've enjoyed pop punk and emo, but my favourite is probably skate punk.

Eclectic said:
Lived it as a teenager in the 80’s. Still live it. Some of my favorite bands:

X
Dead Kennedys
Circle Jerks
Minor Threat
Black Flag
Minutemen
Subhumans
Descendants
Bad Brains
Nomeansno
Gang Green
Fear
Germs
Melvins

I’ve seen a lot of them live.
My favorites:

No Use For A Name
NOFX
Patent Pending
Blink-182
Sum 41
Sr-71
The Offspring
Bad Religion
Ten Foot Pole
Reel Big Fish
Eve 6
Falling In Reverse
Green Day
Less Than Jake
Lit
Mest
Simple Plan
All Time Low

MakiasDreadclaw said:
My favorites:

No Use For A Name
NOFX
Patent Pending
Blink-182
Sum 41
Sr-71
The Offspring
Bad Religion
Ten Foot Pole
Reel Big Fish
Eve 6
Falling In Reverse
Green Day
Less Than Jake
Lit
Mest
Simple Plan
All Time Low
Is it just me or does nofx not get the recognition they deserve in the scene? I'm kinda. Apunk rock listener but I noticed that nobody really ever talks about them and it sucks lol

DiaperedInDenver said:
Is it just me or does nofx not get the recognition they deserve in the scene? I'm kinda. Apunk rock listener but I noticed that nobody really ever talks about them and it sucks lol
What do you recommend by them? I listened to Wolves in Wolves' Clothing years ago and wasn't blown away by it, though on paper it seems I would like them.

DiaperedInDenver said:
Depends on what your definition of punk is.

I consider bands like NOFX, Blink-182, and Less than Jake pop-punk. Or punk for the masses. So do a lot of other people like me who grew up with the first and second waves of punk in the 1970’s and early 80”s.

Many of the early bands were raw and obscure. You would never hear them on the radio. Nirvana forever changed the popularity of alternative music and not necessarily for the best.

Reactions: DiaperedInDenver
Sealander said:
What do you recommend by them? I listened to Wolves in Wolves' Clothing years ago and wasn't blown away by it, though on paper it seems I would like them.
Real punk rockers will hate me for this but I loved their first ditch effort album. And their backstage passport tv series is really good. You can find thay ripped on youtube

Eclectic said:
Depends on what your definition of punk is.

I consider bands like NOFX, Blink-182, and Less than Jake pop-punk. Or punk for the masses. So do a lot of other people like me who grew up with the first and second waves of punk in the 1970’s and early 80”s.

Many of the early bands were raw and obscure. You would never hear them on the radio. Nirvana forever changed the popularity of alternative music and not necessarily for the best.
Yeah nofx is definitely pop punk. Wasn't nirvana originally punk wayyyyy back in the day?

I have been enjoying Jeff Rosenstock's solo work (of Bomb the Music Industry! 'fame'), which has some pop punk influence.

Reactions: DiaperedInDenver
I can def see the influence in polar bear or Africa!

Back