Any issues that make you more incontinent?

CptKirk said:
This topic got me thinking about one thing......whenever I get wet be this washing my hands, taking a shower or even washing a car....makes no difference. I pee INSTANTLY! I have no clue why this is, it just is. What gets me thinking is that even before I had continence issues I'd get incredible urges whenever I got wet and I'd have to fly to the bathroom. I don't know if this is normal or not but I never really thought much of it until reading this conversation.

CptKirk
not an uncommon thing. i experience the same

various activities and my emotional state have clear effects on my IC with an increase in wetting. certain physical activities especially water related will cause me to wet. More so my emotional state at a given time will increase wetting bit time. being excited, nervous, stressed, and anxiety. unfamiliar surrounding make me nerves, so it is best to always have an extra diaper change along.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and Lethdale
For me it's stress & anxiety that cause more bladder issues
they can be a bit hard to control unfortunately
Im always in a diaper so just means a few more changes are needed per day
which isn't a big deal

Reactions: FrodoSkywalker and AJFan2020
I have multiple complicating factors. If you can relate, I’d be interested to hear about it.

Mental Health: Mental stress makes my issues much more severe. I had serious anxiety and depression since a very young age, despite having a happy home. I believe this factored heavily into wanting to wear diapers from earliest memories. I’m currently discussing with a psychologist about possibly having BPD.

Neurodiversity: I am late-diagnosed ADHD. There is a lot of studies that suggest the executive functioning issues that come with BPD contribute to long-term issues.

Physical Injury: Broken back. Enough said.

Back