Any issues that make you more incontinent?

Elhon

Baby
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am only partly incontinent if diapered I will only unknowingly wet about one out of five times and only for pee, but I have a cold right now, and anytime that I get sick I never make it to pee. It has always been like this I can even remember way back to when I was seven or so and it would make me fully incontinent back then. I have talked to a doctor about this multiple times and the best guess is that my incontinence is neurologically based, if I am in discomfort my brain just does not notice. I was just wondering if this happens to others.

Reactions: sport1, PiporApomme, Lethdale and 2 others
Cold weather, menstruation, and illness

Reactions: Lynnie, Jorelaxed, Edgewater and 2 others
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
i can vouch,\ about the being sick one, both this past week dealing with the flu and a few months ago when i was fighting covid i burned through alot more diapers than normal

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, BigAl2 and UrgentWees
LupintheWolf said:
i can vouch,\ about the being sick one, both this past week dealing with the flu and a few months ago when i was fighting covid i burned through alot more diapers than normal
Could not agree more with this. I currently have Covid and it has knocked my bladder for 6. Cold weather, illness, anxiety (especially using public transport), alcohol, diuretics, tomato and spicy foods are all triggers for my incontinence.

Reactions: Lethdale, Woncrinklz, Edgewater and 2 others
Elhon said:
I am only partly incontinent if diapered I will only unknowingly wet about one out of five times and only for pee, but I have a cold right now, and anytime that I get sick I never make it to pee. It has always been like this I can even remember way back to when I was seven or so and it would make me fully incontinent back then. I have talked to a doctor about this multiple times and the best guess is that my incontinence is neurologically based, if I am in discomfort my brain just does not notice. I was just wondering if this happens to others.
Yes, first is back pain, next would be caffeine, orange juice and similar stuff.

Reactions: Lethdale, Jorelaxed, daylight and 3 others
Cold wind blast. And warm/hot water gets me every time.

Reactions: Lethdale, Woncrinklz, Edgewater and 1 other person
My COPD has increased my accident rate due to chronic coughing. The coughing triggers more wetting accidents and if the timing is really bad, a coughing spell will cause me to mess my diaper.

Reactions: Lethdale, Woncrinklz, Edgewater and 1 other person
I think my IC is fairly steady. Obviously colder weather probably increases wetting. But to be honest it doesn't really affect me. Being sick can get anyone feeling it. Of course I'll eat something I don't eat normally so yeah, having a surprise BM accident get's me. I try to not do that. I have a pretty good diet with foods I eat daily. Other then these, my IC is steady.

Reactions: newt, Lethdale, Edgewater and 1 other person
Even though I don’t currently see myself as incontinent per se (under normal circumstances) I find lately that nervousness, cold temperatures, and caffeinated beverages like coffee make it all but impossible to hold it (as it were). For me this is more noticeable this year than in previous years. I wonder if the 8 mm kidney stone that I passed earlier this year (back in May) has anything to do with this.

Earlier this year when bladder leaks and urgency occurred from time to time I sometimes needed to put on a Depend Night Defense undergarment just in case. I have only had to wear about two or three of these since September (since I am watching my fluid intake closely and I double void when I can) so things seem to be improving at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lethdale, Edgewater and BigAl2
LupintheWolf said:
Yes.
Weather...Too cold...Too Hot...
Elderly male hominid primate prostate gland BPH...
Neurological issues with having Cerebral Palsy...

Reactions: Lethdale, Edgewater and BigAl2
Cold weather, too much coffee, anxiety and stress

Reactions: Lethdale, Edgewater, BigAl2 and 1 other person
For urinary IC, I'm ok unless I allow my bladder to get too full. The threshold seems to vary at 60 to 75%. And of course, I avoid standing still for too long because that can also trigger it. There are other triggers (like most folks).

Coffee for me is verboten. It causes F-IC in about 1-2 hours if away from home and toilet. There's also a plethora of other things I cannot eat anymore without risking uncontrolled IBS-d (diarrhea).

Reactions: StarWars7, Lethdale, daylight and 2 others
I think I wet more when it's cold because I sweat less and so there's more liquid to be flushed out through the bladder.
But pain, illness, and stress all eat up attention bandwidth. When my attention gets that divided, my body takes over, especially if I'm already wet.
I'll go for a while and think something like "huh, I haven't noticed anything happening for a bit" only to find that I'm totally soaked.

Reactions: queerpeanut, Lethdale, Edgewater and 1 other person
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Same for me. As well as cofee and spicy food that give me huge urges.

And maybe it's not really incontinence but my issues are worst when I don't have immediate access to the toilets.
For examples at my parents house. They have toilets only downstairs but the living room, kitchen and bedrooms are upstairs. So I end up having more issues at their house. It leads to mads dashs down the stairs 😅. Sometimes I just give up, wait for the urge to end and go back in my bedroom to replace the protection...

Reactions: Lethdale, TheBlueHeron, daylight and 2 others
AJFan2020 said:
Even though I don’t currently see myself as incontinent per se (under normal circumstances) I find lately that nervousness, cold temperatures, and caffeinated beverages like coffee make it all but impossible to hold it (as it were). For me this is more noticeable this year than in previous years. I wonder if the 8 mm kidney stone that I passed earlier this year (back in May) has anything to do with this.

Earlier this year when bladder leaks and urgency occurred from time to time I sometimes needed to put on a Depend Night Defense undergarment just in case. I have only had to wear about two or three of these since September (since I am watching my fluid intake closely and I double void when I can) so things seem to be improving at the moment.
By this time, any effect of passing a kidney stone has long past. Some leakage can occur within the first three months. As part of your next Physical, have a discussion with your Doctor if you continue to have moments of urgency.

Reactions: Lethdale and AJFan2020
The issue of illness is likely tied to elevated body temperature (fever) as the body attacks the invader. It is why keeping hydrated remains so very important if you are IC.

Cold weather demands that our body work at keeping its temperature within range, which commonly requires more body heat and like with a Fever, that increases the activity of the kidneys which results in a quicker fill of our bladders. Since our Kidneys are busy, we release more often and as a result change more often.

Reactions: Lethdale, TheBlueHeron and Jorelaxed
LOL Alcohol. I always wear a diaper to bed and usually still wake up to pee. But if I’ve been out drinking I wake up in a wet diaper almost every morning.

Reactions: tango79 and diaperdude
I have to drink plenty of water if not my legs cramp like crazy but if I add Unsweet Tea to the mix I better be fully protected even to make it to the bathroom.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Edgewater
I know y'all know this, but I have cerebral palsy, point is, any kind of emotional upset, makes it harder to move. It's almost like my body has someone else's cerebral palsy. I will leak like a madwoman. Very, very angry, or very, very sad, cause that.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Aby and Edgewater
Instant iC u is walking out of a warm room into the cold !
I will always pee before going out in cold weather but always get to go again within seconds of hitting that cold air and nothing will stop it.
The only other major thing that sets me off is Lettuce, if I have a salad it just acts as a diuretic for me.

• Wow
Reactions: Lethdale, SugarNova, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
Back