Anime

I enjoy anime of a wide variety and genre of maturity levels! I'll give a few recommendations:
  1. Magical Doremi is exceptionally pretty and enjoyable for a kid's anime. It's occasionally formulaic, but I've heard it tackles some tough stuff too (I have just started this one for the first time). The backgrounds are genuinely gorgeious and the way the characters move and express themselves is just exceptional in general.
  2. I was a big fan of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury's first half. The first half has ended as a "season" and the story will be continued in April after they are off break, so I think right now is a great time to get into it and "catch up" and see if you're interested in tuning in for the next season!
  3. Pui Pui Molcar is super cutesy stop motion plush gerbil-cars! Very kiddy and adorbs. It's just shorts so it's a very fast watch. I need to watch the second season of it still, but i looks like the same quality.
  4. My last recommendation will be Babylon, which is a crime proceedural anime but also much more. It does things I've never seen other anime do. It's flawed and it does need a content warning I will post below, but I adore it and I think it handles its subject matter in a mature, thoughtful way. I find it incredibly commendable as an anime that does something other anime doesn't and deeply enthralling. It took me more than one full watch to process my feelings, and I am still processing them, but I have settled that I like it incredibly much.
Very involved discussion on suicide and many characters presenting it as a "freeing" thing. It presents it as an unequivicoally bad thing and these arguments as flawed, mind. I find it handles this topic very maturely, but it's worth mentioning it might be something worth skipping to someone in a dark place.

I'll toss out my anime + manga list for anyone interested in looking over it and anyone who has one they also want to share. Feel free to give me a poke on MAL if you want!

Reactions: RagDoll69
Back